Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I relate to the vague concept of the emotion named Disgust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

himajinga
Mar 19, 2003

Und wenn du lange in einen Schuh blickst, blickt der Schuh auch in dich hinein.

Pththya-lyi posted:

No, it's for fat-shamers (an actual for-real argument made by a HuffPo columnist who admits she hasn't seen the movie, only promos).

See, "Joy" is a skinny girl in a cute dress (probably from Nordstrom!!!!!!) while "Sad" [sic] is a fat girl in a dumpy turtleneck and glasses. Sadness also saves the day after Joy fucks things up

You know you really hosed up when you get owned by the comments on HuffPo, smdh

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

OMGVBFLOL posted:

single-story houses literally built as temporary shelter after the 1906 earthquake and never torn down are selling in the high six figures, that three-story undivided row house would be listed for two and a half million and pull down three quarters of a million above asking

especially considering that, given the narrow street and steep hill, it's probably on or near nob hill

this movie was good but the first 30 mins are so Rich People Problems that I almost walked out

Nice one, that's a perfect impression of what a stupid rear end in a top hat idiot would think about during the movie.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
i wont deny that, yeah. thats why i stayed instead of walking out, and enjoyed the rest of the movie

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Well if he stuffed his family in a converted garage I don't think she's have thought twice about going through with her plan to return to Minnesota. The mom probably would have gone with her.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Thought this was a thread about the short lived late 80's hardcore band

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Thought this was a thread about the short lived late 80's hardcore band
your an idiot.

naem
May 29, 2011

Million dollar empty lot for sale in SF

http://sfist.com/2015/06/16/million_dollar_dirt_listing.php

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Let me be clear: no one gives a shot.

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
i sure am glad that you guys cleared up the financial logistics of the house in this pixar movie.

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot
op your probably autistic yourself the movie was obviously made for kids holy poo poo

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Genuine question, how many kids films have a suicide in them? You knew something was gonna happen because it's a loving Pixar film, but drat.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Genuine question, how many kids films have a suicide in them? You knew something was gonna happen because it's a loving Pixar film, but drat.

Radio Flyer had an abused kid try to fly away on a wagon. Probably died.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Woah who kills themself in this movie?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Toadvine posted:

childhood

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone have the video of the film reviewer who said "It's just like being inside an 11-year old girl".

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Toadvine posted:

Your imaginary friend.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Is this like every other Pixar movie where they can't be satisfied with simply entertaining children, but have to have a life-lesson be the core of every movie?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
movie was cute, hope it makes more people like hockey but adult hockey and not hockey played by little girls:aatrek:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Is this like every other Pixar movie where they can't be satisfied with simply entertaining children, but have to have a life-lesson be the core of every movie?

For a buttoned up society, wherever this applies, a lesson about how it's ok to feel sadness isn't really a bad one. And it isn't super preachy like Brave was.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

it's message or michael bay. pick one

Ah Map
Oct 9, 2012
This movie sounds like Herman's Head or The Numskulls from The Beezer comic. I didn't like Monsters Inc because their whole energy crisis was a result of inefficient processing techniques.Although Sully's fur was good.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Which core emotion is in charge of shame, the most important feeling?

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
shame is when people tell you to stop inhaling oxygen because they get a boner from telling others what to do. shame is poo poo

guilt is the good stuff. it's what you should feel after strangling the weirdo who refused to stop breathing for no reason (for no reason at all, really, haha !!!!) to death with your shoelaces

tiny, yet important distinction

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yes but it's subtle.

I can't believe so many of you didn't like Brave. It was like Pixar doing a Miyazaki movie, I enjoyed it.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Uhh OP I believe that um that is the uh like premise of the uh movie...

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

notZaar posted:

Yes but it's subtle.

I can't believe so many of you didn't like Brave. It was like Pixar doing a Miyazaki movie, I enjoyed it.

See the thing about Miyazaki films is that they are aesthetically beautiful. Brave was pixar. The two are mutually exclusive.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

notZaar posted:

Yes but it's subtle.

No that was Up, Brave was like them doing an early 2000s post-renaissance Disney movie.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry if it's rude to bring up an argument from a couple pages ago, but when I was a kid I knew a few people with rich parents who drove beat-up station wagons but lived in ridiculous houses. If you live somewhere like Minnesota, having a car that isn't poo poo for driving through snow is usually more important than driving a fancy new car.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Hey anyone notice that they re-used a shitload of assets from Big Hero Six?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

The Taint Reaper posted:

Hey anyone notice that they re-used a shitload of assets from Big Hero Six?

Didn't they model a whole city for that poo poo? Might as well get more out of it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Didn't they model a whole city for that poo poo? Might as well get more out of it.

Yeah and I'm expecting Zootopia to probably re-use some of the stuff as well.

Digital Backlots exist in some forms. I just hope this doesn't lead to everything taking place in Sanfrancisco or whatever.

I really liked the Lava short. It was much better than some of their previous ones

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
because of vaccinations most children these days are autistic which is why there illuminati needs to use films like this to reach them emotions

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

a pipe smoking dog posted:

because of vaccinations most children these days are autistic which is why there illuminati needs to use films like this to reach them emotions

quit spreading your lies, this is all due to chemtrails spread by FEMA black helicopters

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
This kids movies endorses the inherent female psychological disposition of male disposability by showing the protagonist express those feelings and not be chastised for it.

I expect epic increases in suicides in the future from all the toddler males that make this their movie that they watch religiously.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Truly shameful how these pixar folk keep trying to give children valuable life-lessons in an entertaining package rather than just mindless soulless moving images. Now minions, thats something i can get behind.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Taint Reaper posted:

Digital Backlots
i hope this leads to an internal culture to crank out movies like cheap machinima at pixar. it would be delicious. they're only a step removed from source film maker as it is. gently caress, lovely tf2 memevideos are actually more creative already, now that i think about it

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

quakster posted:

i hope this leads to an internal culture to crank out movies like cheap machinima at pixar. it would be delicious. they're only a step removed from source film maker as it is. gently caress, lovely tf2 memevideos are actually more creative already, now that i think about it

kill yourself

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

quakster posted:

i know a few people who work there and this post would probably legitimately leave them fuming and resentful and ruin their day lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
hmm. apologies to any pixar animators reading my posts, but facts don't lie

• Locked thread