Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

how many of you have got these annoying little squiggly things floating around your field of vision all the time? i think they're pretty cool. it's like i've got my own personal heads-up display that i can never turn off and whose sole purpose is to annoy me and drive me slowly insane

anyway, do you think they can they be cured with acupuncture?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

gave your mom some eye floaters

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
if u poke needles into your eyes you wont see em anymore, guaranteed

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
My science teacher told us it was just feces in the eye.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

did u kno theres a water parasite that can get in your eyes and reproduce and eventually completely fill ur eye with worms

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
they can drain your eye now and fill it back up for this. you see it happen. gross

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Indecisive posted:

did u kno theres a water parasite that can get in your eyes and reproduce and eventually completely fill ur eye with worms

are these parasitic worms friend or foe to the hated eye floaters? that's literally all i care about. maybe i can put them in my eye and let them duke it out. sounds like it could be a pretty cool battle, and i've got front-row seats

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
no soy gay papa

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe
itt you are now noticing your eye floaters, you are consciously breathing, your jaw has weight, etc. etc.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Cnut the Great posted:

how many of you have got these annoying little squiggly things floating around your field of vision all the time? i think they're pretty cool. it's like i've got my own personal heads-up display that i can never turn off and whose sole purpose is to annoy me and drive me slowly insane

anyway, do you think they can they be cured with acupuncture?

I loving hate you

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Those are actually angels

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Floaters suck. I like staring at the blue sky and focusing on the blood vessels moving poo poo around

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

what about those black spots in the corner of your eye when youre tired

what about them

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Happy Bear Suit posted:

what about those black spots in the corner of your eye when youre tired

what about them

larval shadow people, just stay awake and they'll develop nicely

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
I have these really bad, OP. Also some black dots as well as the thing like in your photo that looks like a parasite.

There is no known cause of them, and there is sadly also no remedy for them.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

I had a bad trip 8 years ago and now I have static in my vision perception and a crazy amount of floaters and phosphenes every day that give me recurring panic attacks. Owned.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

BossRighteous posted:

I had a bad trip 8 years ago and now I have static in my vision perception and a crazy amount of floaters and phosphenes every day that give me recurring panic attacks. Owned.

:drat: :owned: :redass: :wow:

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

BossRighteous posted:

kids,

say no to drugs

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

its blood and white blood cells and poo poo casting shadows in your inner eye you loving savage

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

i was told these were a normal result of cataract surgery. they suck but the cataracts sucked more so i live with them

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

BossRighteous posted:

i don't have the panic attacks (prob cause i'm not a bitch) but i do have the shitloads of floaters/phosphenes and they are probably from doing shitloads of acid

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

BossRighteous posted:

sounds like u got what was coming 2 u

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I know it's the gif repeating but trying to look at a floater makes them dodge like that.
Eye doctor said something about summertime and extra sunlight killing off eye amoebas increasing them

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
It's just body stuff in your eye, part of your vision. I haven't seen any since I had my corneas ablated. You should give that a try.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

exspurt analcyst posted:

I know it's the gif repeating but trying to look at a floater makes them dodge like that.
Eye doctor said something about summertime and extra sunlight killing off eye amoebas increasing them

i went to the eye doctor and she told me eye floaters were harmless and that i was just being a whiny little bitch who should man up for once in his worthless life and deal with it.

then she shined this really bright yellow light in my pupils and made me cry, and later she shot a big puff of air at my eyeball and laughed when it made me flinch. she's a pretty good eye doctor and i trust her.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Cnut the Great posted:

i went to the eye doctor and she told me eye floaters were harmless and that i was just being a whiny little bitch who should man up for once in his worthless life and deal with it.

then she shined this really bright yellow light in my pupils and made me cry, and later she shot a big puff of air at my eyeball and laughed when it made me flinch. she's a pretty good eye doctor and i trust her.

I remember being 12 years old too

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
told my friends my floaters were bothering me and they told me to try flushing the toilet. they're good guys but sometimes.....well, sometimes i just don't think they really understand....

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Hell Yeah posted:

this needs more love

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Cnut the Great posted:

Lol

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Bet u never thought she'd have a rectal speculum and powerful drugs

ArcticKnife
Mar 2, 2015

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

they can drain your eye now and fill it back up for this. you see it happen. gross

There's also a laser surgery but my eye doctor told me that it makes floaters more plentiful just smaller.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I loving hate you

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I use them when I am super bored. Just focus on a blank wall and either watch them dance, or that thing where it looks like the wall is breathing.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
if you eat an eye floater you get telepathy

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

XMNN posted:

if you eat an eye floater you get telepathy

But you can use it only on insects.

Reminder: Insects don't have thoughts.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Hell Yeah posted:

can we please get some empty quotes going for this epic diss

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Hell Yeah posted:

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

you get them from breathing in chemtrails, op.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

i bet the op sees sperm floating in his eyes a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I have a big floater in my right eye. It's been there for decades. Someday I will die and it will no longer bother me.

• Locked thread