Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PYROxSYCO
May 14, 2015
Dudes you are going to get so bombed, at the party, by a drone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

how old were you, and what made you change your mind?

It was my senior year of high school and freshman of college, so 18 to 19-ish. There's not really much of a story, my high school and college towns both have a fairly high Muslim population as far as Texas goes so a lot of my friends were Muslim and I read an English translation of the Qu'ran and did some other research just to try to understand them better but ended up being kinda drawn to it in a weird way, a lot of what I was reading resonated with me in a way that's sort of hard to explain. So the idea of converting kinda flitted through my mind for a while but in the end I decided that while it did sort of resonate with me, at the end of the day I didn't really believe it and went back to my old beliefs of "it's possible there's a God, but I think probably not." It gave me nice fuzzy feelings for a while but there wasn't really any more reason to believe in it than there are for any of the other religions I don't believe in.

opus111 posted:

how much of LF/DnD were you reading at the time?

None but I was in my insufferable college leftist phase and I grew up in a very conservative southern Baptist family so I admit that "NO YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP DAD!!!!" may have been a motivating factor (my dad's actually cool but the catchphrase isn't "no, you shut the gently caress up, extended family!!!" so...)

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Aloha, Akbar.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

malaysian prostitutes are bronze tier

• Locked thread