Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Gibbons bizzare love for having Navarro hit when Martin's on the bench is confusing, to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Hitting Russell Martin on Canada Day. This is an international incident.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

This is not my beautiful Travis.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

I'm not a big time scout but Matt Boyd might not be ready for #TheShow

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Y'know, I could go for fewer Amazing Comebacks by the Jays. Let's instead try and shoot for fewer "starter implodes horribly" games.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

The only reason Valencia didn't run back to touch home plate again was because the call was so mind numbingly bad, it incapacitated everyone within a twenty foot radius.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

I wonder if the Jays will play this game under protest, since apparently the Valencia review call is explicitly against the rules.

Section V, subsection F:

Example. A runner attempts to score on a play at the plate. The catcher misses the tag on the runner, and the runner fails to touch home plate, but the umpire calls a tag and the runner "out." The offensive manager challenges the call, and the Replay Official determines that the catcher missed the tag. The Replay Official shall disregard the failure of the runner to touch home plate, declare the runner "safe" and score the run.

http://m.mlb.com/official_rules/replay_review

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

howe_sam posted:

A) that is a dumb rule.
B) Hannigan did tag him out eventually. :)

He's challenging the first out call, the hilariously wrong one. Valencia thought he was out, the second out call doesn't matter.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

I don't know what the gently caress happened there but I'm pretty sure that's what we call a "gameday breaker"

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Oh jeeze.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Why. Can't Carrera. Hold On To A Baseball.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

WienerDog posted:

At least Buck Martinez hosed off to some hole somewhere and we get to hear the dulcet tones of Matt Devlin.

fake edit: God dammit. Stop throwing the ball away.

Aha I don't know man. I do not care for Devlin at all. Listen to this call:

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/69622576/v160056283/torbos-martin-threerun-triple-gives-blue-jays-lead/?player_id=431145

It's like the most epic moment of the year and Devlin calls it like it was a sac fly or something.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Haha oh really, I don't watch the Raptors so I assumed he was the go to backup guy. My mistake.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

You'd think this would be exciting, but I would prefer not having to come back from 8-0 all the time.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Haha yeah THIS TIME the Jays are for real. Sweet Christmas what a bad team.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Hello, Devon Travis,

you are Quite Good

at

Turning, me, on,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Justin Smoak is strong, real, and my friend.

• Locked thread