Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it's hyph mngo by joy orbison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Pageviews
May 26, 2014

Let's get this wrestling!

oatgan posted:

Cheers!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Dr. Baker posted:

Whatever dude. I guess your source lied or didn't know Excalibur was going to work an injury angle.

Not true. I was told back in June or so. Told no one. This guy somehow knew independently that it was the plan:
https://twitter.com/TheRDouble/status/638036112821383168

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rovert posted:

Not true. I was told back in June or so. Told no one. This guy somehow knew independently that it was the plan:

Well poo poo if twitter user TheRDouble said it!

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

rovert posted:

Excalibur isn't Pentagon Jr.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

rovert posted:

I somehow have the suspicion that Jubs probably knows more on this than random twitter user.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me

rovert posted:

You're a clown. That isn't news.

Anyway, does anyone want to make a spotify Playlist of all the entrance songs from BOLA?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dr. Baker posted:

You're a clown. That isn't news.

Anyway, does anyone want to make a spotify Playlist of all the entrance songs from BOLA?

Oh boy, here we go

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Dr. Baker posted:

If 5000 Candles in the Wind isn't on Spotify then what's the point? Of anything?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Dr. Baker posted:

Someone made this before the event. It might help you out.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
What song did Zack Sabre come out to?

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Available for pre-order http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/merch/

Night 3 is $20. Wonder if it's split onto two discs

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Del Raminos posted:

it says on the product description page "2-disc set"

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

Difficult to explain the kind of live presence Pentagon Jr has. He does all these little things that just add up. He's the greatest.

It's partially his awesome look, but he absolutely backs it up in the ring and out. Everything he does is just so confident and menacing. It's incredible, PWG has a lot of crowd favorites but I've never seen anybody just command the room like he did.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I have a feeling Pentagon Jr.'s gonna be a hot commodity

https://twitter.com/PentagonJunior/status/638329246083973120

My Spanish is pretty rusty but I believe that translates to "I hope to return soon". Which isn't surprising, because he and Fenix probably made a loving killing that weekend between merch and the tips on Night 2. There were so many dudes in Pentagon shirts by the end of the weekend. Guess it depends on how backstage felt about them and how difficult it was to set up matches with the language barrier. Excalibur specifically put over Fenix's match with Sydal, at least.

LobsterMobster posted:

it says on the product description page "2-disc set"

Even with entrances and intermission cut out it'll probably be almost 5 hours long, so I'm not surprised. Super Dragon mentioned running out of space for Willie Mack's farewell promo on the Night 3 DVD last year.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Sep 1, 2015

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Ah, well there you go. I never much was one for clicking on things

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

I think this was sabre's old pwg theme cause the excerpt sounded nothing like what was played in reseda.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Del Raminos posted:

I was bummed I couldn't make it. Are all three nights worth it on DVD?

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Night 2 was off-the-charts-amazing and it sounds like Nights 1 & 3 were pretty drat great too if the MOTY thread is anything to go by. So I'm thinking yeah

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oatgan posted:

re: sabre

Scurll uses some remix of Warp 1.9 by the Bloody Beetroots. Everything else should be easy to find

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Grozz Nuy posted:

It's partially his awesome look, but he absolutely backs it up in the ring and out. Everything he does is just so confident and menacing. It's incredible, PWG has a lot of crowd favorites but I've never seen anybody just command the room like he did.

Pentagon Jr sold out of merch before night 3 started

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

StarkRavingMad posted:

I was bummed I couldn't make it. Are all three nights worth it on DVD?

Absolutely. If you can only get one, get Night Two, but all three shows are excellent.

oatgan posted:

re: sabre

Scurll uses some remix of Warp 1.9 by the Bloody Beetroots. Everything else should be easy to find

Princess Sisters remix, specifically. People who are watching the shows on DVD and not seeing the entrances will probably be so confused as to why the crowd keeps chanting 'woop woop' for Marty.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Something I just realized: it took a full year after his debut, but Drew Gulak finally has a win in PWG.

In a ten-man comedy tag match, but you gotta start somewhere right?

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

oatgan posted:

Pentagon Jr sold out of merch before night 3 started

Did Drago sell his doofy hats? His handler was really good at pushing his merch but I couldn't even fake interest in his hats or 8x10s and I'm a fan

eshock
Sep 2, 2004

Does PWG do vods or partner with anyone to to provide them? Or are the DVD's the only way to see this legit?

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
They usually go up on high spots about a month after the DVD is released

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
I started a Spotify Playist for BOLA 2015. I made it collaborative so add songs I've forgot.

https://open.spotify.com/user/michaelrspears/playlist/0C25jsFOlO4XfGtJW2SevU

edit: man there are a lot them that aren't on spotify/or they use versions that aren't up there (I'm looking at you marty scurll)

NotQuiteQuentin fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Sep 1, 2015

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

eshock posted:

Does PWG do vods or partner with anyone to to provide them? Or are the DVD's the only way to see this legit?

When a DVD is released, the VOD of the previous show is made available on Highspots. So BOLA won't be out as a download until the event after BOLA is released on DVD.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

sportsgenius86 posted:

When a DVD is released, the VOD of the previous show is made available on Highspots. So BOLA won't be out as a download until the event after BOLA is released on DVD.

Yeah this made me break my rule of not buying physical DVDs anymore. Night Two is that good (the whole weekend was nuts).

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Yeah this made me break my rule of not buying physical DVDs anymore. Night Two is that good (the whole weekend was nuts).

Gonna agree with you here, I usually wait for the digital but this sounds too good

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Highspots said that due to the length of the shows the DVDs probably won't ship until mid-October, so we're probably looking at around Christmas time before it goes up on VOD.

Just buy the DVDs, I know it feels like a relic but these shows are worth it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ugh just put everything on blu-rays i don't want a dang dvd '90sing up my home

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Highspots said that due to the length of the shows the DVDs probably won't ship until mid-October, so we're probably looking at around Christmas time before it goes up on VOD.

Just buy the DVDs, I know it feels like a relic but these shows are worth it.

Also, if you have the patience of a Saint (I don't) you can wait until they're added to the list of DVD's for the 5 for $40 deal during the holiday season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

epitasis posted:

ugh just put everything on blu-rays i don't want a dang dvd '90sing up my home

if you're watching on something that upconverts, I don't really know how a blu-ray would look much better, tbh. It looks great on my TV for a DVD.

• Locked thread