Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!
dave meltzer writing the a match report of a match where the story was "The young bucks really want to hit the Meltzer Driver because Dave Meltzer is there" is the kind of poo poo i crave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Nerokerubina posted:

dave meltzer writing the a match report of a match where the story was "The young bucks really want to hit the Meltzer Driver because Dave Meltzer is there" is the kind of poo poo i crave

That was legit the story of the match.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Grozz Nuy posted:

They were both great but I definitely would have given the edge to the Tozawa match, but it sounds like Dave isn't partial to the DG style and it was definitely that type of match.

dave is historically and modernly very favorable towards DG. he just doesn't get as much of an opportunity to watch it as much due to ustream goin down. this was just (and i've talked to people who were also there and watch DG) a random low stakes DG singles match rather than the matches Tozawa has had defending the Brave Gate title or big time dg singles matches.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

dave is historically and modernly very favorable towards DG. he just doesn't get as much of an opportunity to watch it as much due to ustream goin down. this was just (and i've talked to people who were also there and watch DG) a random low stakes DG singles match rather than the matches Tozawa has had defending the Brave Gate title or big time dg singles matches.

Well, I really liked it. :shobon: I am a pretty big Ricochet mark though.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Grozz Nuy posted:

Well, I really liked it. :shobon: I am a pretty big Ricochet mark though.

It was a really good match but I think his match vs sydal was better too.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

bola

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

good luck people buying tickets tonight

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Since I was really only planning to do one night I might just try and show up early on of the days and just go for standing room. I really don't mind standing.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

If you're only doing one night, night 2 looks better imo. The tournament matches are a push but guerilla warfare and lucha showcase sound killer

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

oatgan posted:

If you're only doing one night, night 2 looks better imo. The tournament matches are a push but guerilla warfare and lucha showcase sound killer

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. A 6 man guerrilla warfare match sounds nuts.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
if night 3 starts at 5, a 10 pm flight leaving LAX that night would be cutting it too close, right? I've got a strong feeling that show would run past 8, and it would probably take 45 minutes to get to LAX from Reseda.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Fart Radio posted:

if night 3 starts at 5, a 10 pm flight leaving LAX that night would be cutting it too close, right? I've got a strong feeling that show would run past 8, and it would probably take 45 minutes to get to LAX from Reseda.

last year night 3 started at 5 and went past 10pm. There's going to be 11 or 12 matches to get through on night 3

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

oatgan posted:

last year night 3 started at 5 and went past 10pm. There's going to be 11 or 12 matches to get through on night 3

crap, that's us out, then. drat those 24 man brackets.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

will willie mack and wctt be on night 3 do u think

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

epitasis posted:

will willie mack and wctt be on night 3 do u think

Could be. If they do a trios match for the first tag against Rushmore 2.0, that'll leave an uneven number from the eliminated people to make up the other match. 9 plus Willie, Candice, and Joey would make an even 12-person match. Or they could do two eight-man tags with the entirety of Rushmore 2.0 if Roddy comes back to Reseda for Night 3 after doing ROH on Saturday. Something like Inner City Machine Guns with Everett and the loser of Ospreay/Andrews vs. Bucks, Roddy, and Super Dragon and then Gulak, Hero, Trent, and Galloway vs. Aerostar, Drago, Fenix, and the loser of Evans/Angelico.

The_Rob posted:

It was a really good match but I think his match vs sydal was better too.

I think it was the atmosphere that made the difference for me. The crowd was so excited for Tozawa's return that it just made the match feel special even though it was just a friendly match. It was still the semi-main so it wasn't completely without stakes.

Y'all need to get that DVD just to see Speedball/Hero though.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Got GA for all three nights. Woop woop :woop:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i'm going to bola boys

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
good work team lets go drink tea at the tar pits and hit the showers.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Me and the fam front row, Night Two.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
I'M GOING ALL 3 NIGHTS BAYBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Young Pageviews
May 26, 2014

Let's get this wrestling!
I got through, but everything was sold out by the time I did so. Anyone have extras?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ALL THREE NIGHTS, BABY

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Public wifi was the death of me, just as I worried it would be. Looks like I'm lining up at the legion hall 4 hours early. :sigh: Save me a seat at least, gang.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

conservative estimates put PWG as having netted at least $67,500 tonight

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
I too missed out so at least we can all commiserate together and talk about much Yuriy sucks.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

epitasis posted:

Gonna be quite a day for Super Dragon's local In-N-Out tomorrow.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

I missed the window I guess, and I haven't been to PWG since Generico's last DDT4, how likely is it that I can get some front row seats for all three days? Are there just the front row seats and GA at the door?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
They don't sell front row at the door, just GA. Your only chance of getting front row at this point is showing up and hoping someone is willing to sell theirs, which... I wouldn't count on.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Did any of you guys buy an extra ticket for Meltzer?

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

epitasis posted:

How is that possible? Don't they only sell 400 tickets?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

deadkiller615 posted:

How is that possible? Don't they only sell 400 tickets?

Three shows went on sale at once. But that estimate is still probably too high because they hold back a decent amount to sell at the door.

Just booked my hotel room for Friday/Saturday. That's almost like having tickets, right? :sigh:

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Jul 31, 2015

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
So did anybody buy an extra seat for Meltzer?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jubs posted:

i got an extra seat for his rear end spoilers its my foot

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Jubs posted:

If anybody in our group got an extra ticket I call dibs :colbert:

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

BOLA is in two weeks! What are the plans? Are we meeting up at the Tar Pits?

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Melodi's in Reseda

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

as the originator of the tar pits push, I am down to go to the tar pits. I am staying at the hojo and was not planning to rent a car so assuming that is far away I would be dependent on hojo car-pooling

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I'm also down to do normie fun things instead of semi-ironic tar pit visiting

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
We can all go to Game Haus in Glendale and play role playing games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

epitasis posted:

I'm also down to do normie fun things instead of semi-ironic tar pit visiting

hulkamatt, please change his name to semi-ironic tar pit visitor

• Locked thread