Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I responded to ad at Sony and playtested this game last week. Is it normal for games to still be being playtested that close to release?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

When I played it every character had glassy eyes like they couldn't focus on each others faces. When they introduced the one guy I thought "oh so this guys character thing is that he's autistic" but no, they were all doing it.

For what its worth I agree with the polygon 6.5 review. Its a game that sorta sucks in a lot of ways but is strangely compelling in others. I only got to play a three hour chunk though.

Also, I got a theory on what the twist is that I want to record in case it turns out to be true

Early on in the game one of the characters finds "A bunch of old movie props" lying around in the basement of the house.

My suspicion from that point is that at least some of the deaths are prop assisted fake outs, and characters who "die" in the game may come back for the end

massive spider fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Aug 24, 2015

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

That second vid is kind of a spoiler.

I didn't find it scary at all TBH, fear in games to me is feeling vulnerable and you're never really in danger aside from during QTEs (although there are a few in the game that can wipe a character off the board with one failure, no redos).

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Sanitorium seems to be the logical place, Sam is the final girl who gets to the last scene no matter what.

Also Chris Can apparantly get killed if your relationship with Ashley is in the shitter, she hesitates opening the door for him and he gets Wendigot.

massive spider fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Aug 25, 2015

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

yeah, the deaths as near as I can tell:

A stream I saw matt Missed one QTE and got an absolutely brutal face caving punch from a wendigo

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

I think it picks the same choice regardless of who you choose, it just pisses Ashley off. You see him rigging the saw in one of the flashbacks. Within the context I think it makes it feel like the psycho was going "haha, you killed the one you wanted to save" instead.

I'm pretty sure it locks you into decapitation but I'm tempted to check.

I picked to save ashley. The saw trap is deliberately ambiguous, since its not clear whether moving the lever to a characters picture is choosing to save or kill them. SO when the saw started moving towards Josh Chris was all "oh god I made a mistake gently caress"

I thought that was ambiguity was a design flaw at first but its quite cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I've heard that you can turn off motion controls but I never tried. What happens in the "Dont Move!" sections then?

• Locked thread