Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
No worries, it's July.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Kazak_Hstan posted:

No worries, it's July.

We have a little less than 44 days until opening kick-off.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Is there a spot for me still? My email is josh miller zero eight zero two at gmail. I had posted in early July about playing for American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. I'm still open to co managing a team with someone else, I think it'd be more fun. If you try and grow this you might think about making every team be a group.

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jul 23, 2015

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I've decided to compete on behalf of the Downtown Women's Center, an organization that provides services and housing to homeless women on Skid Row in Los Angeles. They have a 4-star Charity Navigator rating and after reviewing their website I respect their approach to offering assistance. http://www.downtownwomenscenter.org/blog

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Its Miller Time posted:

Is there a spot for me still? My email is josh miller zero eight zero two at gmail. I had posted in early July about playing for American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. I'm still open to co managing a team with someone else, I think it'd be more fun. If you try and grow this you might think about making every team be a group.

Yes there is a spot for everyone. I will catch up on everything tomorrow.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
My friend and I will be playing for Lustgarten Foundation. The purpose of the foundation is to advance scientific and medical research related to the diagnosis, treatment, cure and prevention of pancreatic cancer, facilitate and enhance the dialogue among members of the medical and scientific communities, heighten public awareness of diagnosis, treatment, and prevention, and provide informational support for pancreatic cancer patients, their families, and friends. They're a four star charity and widely recognized as one of the best in the cause.

(She just lost her grandpa to it a month or so back and it was awful).

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Great!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I'm changing my charity to Doctors Without Borders for this season in honor of wheez making me laugh. I also happen to like Doctors and hate borders.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
Hey, can I get back in on this despite my terribleness?

I guess there's room for everyone, so it's good to be back, y'all.

I recently moved to Long Island, so I'm switching food banks this year. When I started volunteering I learned how important food banks can be to a community, even if just to supplement what they have to make it to the end of the month. It was an eye opener on how many families you might at first glance consider to be "doing OK" end up struggling with food insecurity, especially when faced with things such as sudden loss of employment or just having hours cut. Hunger today has a very different face from the most immediate images that come to mind.

http://www.licares.org/

DrPossum fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jul 28, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Here is our current tally:

Beer4TheBeerGod - Doctor's Without Borders
Spoeank - Southern Poverty Law Center
spacejung - Downtown Women's Center
Azhais - ???
Aredna - ???
Good Will Hrunting - Lustgarten Foundation
Smarms - Books for Africa
Sataere - Southern Poverty Law Center
Its Miller Time - American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
jabro - Doctors Without Borders
Kazak_Hstan - The V Foundation
RisqueBarber - National Association of the Mentally Ill
DrPossum - Long Island Cares, Inc

If these guys are following this thread please let me know if you're in:
uublog
The Zack
Lock
Teeter

Also holy poo poo we've already raised $340.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Aug 3, 2015

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I'm out this year. Y'all have fun

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Zack posted:

I'm out this year. Y'all have fun

No problem man. Thanks for playing!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I had already claimed Southern Poverty Law Center on the first page

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Fixed.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Okay, start throwing out dates. Let's start with days of the week. I'm free most evenings.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I'm available from now until the start of the season. Only day I am not is this Sat.

Smarms
Aug 27, 2008
Available pretty much any evening. Would prefer non-Sunday, but can make it work if needed.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

gently caress it. Let's draft tonight.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Random Tuesdays and Thursdays will be bad (one or the other, but I generally won't know til the week before which it is) unless we're drafting after 9pm central. Friday nights and Saturday afternoons are almost always bad to dodgy, but after 6pm central on Saturdays I will generally be free. Sundays are almost always open, as are Mondays and Wednesdays.

I tentatively suggest that we draft on Setting Orange, Bureaucracy 26, Year of Our Lady of Discord 3181

(more people should use the Erisian calendar)

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I uhh have been having some problems with my girl and might need to change my charity to something that won't remind me of her. I'll let you know by next week or so. :ohdear:

Anyway, I'm away the week of the 24-28 but drafting poolside in Florida might not be a terrible idea. Other than that I have no real obligations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Not 8/23, 8/29 or 9/3. Anything else I can make work

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Changing charities is cool.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Changing charities is cool.

I was thinking about North Shore Animal League since that's where my roomie rescued our doggie from.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Rescue dogges best dogges.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Can't do Wednesday's

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

I thought I mentioned. Going for the International Rescue Committee (http://rescue.org)

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Need one more? I'm in.

Gotta figure out a charity..

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

89 posted:

Need one more? I'm in.

gently caress yes we have 14. SUPER AWESOME ULTRA CHARITY MODE ENGAGED.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
As far as draft times go, as long as I know a good week or so ahead of time, I'll be online. These are my other three draft days:

- 08/16 - 3PM
- 08/22 - noon
- 08/27 - 6:30PM

Central time

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I'm in UTC+9 (EDT+13) so something in the morning or evening US time will work best for me. Ideally I'll not start before 7am or after 11pm my local time.

I'll be travelling on the 13th, 14th, 17th, and 25th Tokyo time. These are all weekdays so I doubt we would pick one normally, but mentioning them just in case. If one of these seems to be the most appropriate day for everyone else let me know and I'll validate the exact times I'll be unavailable.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Just give me a week's notice or so and I'm good to go.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

89 posted:

Need one more? I'm in.

NAACP in honor of Chip Kelly?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Looks like we're back to an odd number once X-Men shows up. WE NEED ONE MORE! ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO CHEAT FOR CHARITY?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Sixteen team league cheating IDP league :stonk:

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Bidding for draft position is going to be... interesting

e: If we're doing a 2 week playoff 15 teams is actually perfect. You play everyone exactly once and then have 2 weeks for playoffs and end on Week 16.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Spoeank posted:

Sixteen team league cheating IDP league :stonk:

You know who Duke Ihenacho is? Well you better find out!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
16 teams?! JEEBUS CHRISTCAKE.

It's for charity. Sure :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zGMW5xeX3s

89 fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Aug 7, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Aredna posted:

Bidding for draft position is going to be... interesting

e: If we're doing a 2 week playoff 15 teams is actually perfect. You play everyone exactly once and then have 2 weeks for playoffs and end on Week 16.

Actually I would be okay with that. Maybe as a rule the person on bye can influence any game they want, for good or bad?

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Sorry, missing something

What do you mean by the person on bye? During playoffs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Aredna posted:

Sorry, missing something

What do you mean by the person on bye? During playoffs?

If there are an odd number of teams then each week that means one team won't have someone to go up against.

• Locked thread