Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

((Ooc: I thought I'd said I was moving away from the bit of the palisade that was in danger of collapse?

I did in the OoC thread - said I was doing an eldritch bolt at a centaur, then moving away. :( ))

Angrymog fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Dec 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
I would like to have Jorvan move and dash a full 90' west along the catwalk. If that gets him to the next parapet that would be optimal. At the end of movement drop prone.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug

Angrymog posted:

((Ooc: I thought I'd said I was moving away from the bit of the palisade that was in danger of collapse?

I did in the OoC thread - said I was doing an eldritch bolt at a centaur, then moving away. :( ))

I must have missed that, in truth I don't really follow the recruitment thread as heavily. I'd say just roll the dexterity save to gauge how awesome your escape from the flames is, then. Basically you had just enough (or possibly just barely too little) movement to get to the safe zone after making your attack, so would be where flames are licking your heels, but not in danger of tumbling down the hill. Going forward you should probably post actions in the game thread though.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan

Lucan "Dead-Lock" Tor
HP: 25/28 | AC: 17 / Shield 19 | HD: d10(3/3) | Arrows: 49 (filthy)
Second Wind | Action Surge | Superiority Dice: 1d8(4/4) | Hero Points: 6/6

The ache in his chest was taking precedence over other considerations, and for a loopy moment as he laid upon the tower's wood, it almost felt like the blood from the freshly yanked bolt was chunky. Like that of pie filling? The silly notion soon crumbles away as quickly as the eastern wall doth gives to flame, snapping Lucan away from the injury and onto more pressing matters.

"Ya' feel that? Gettin' shaky around here.." Snapping wood and bellowing flames was enough of a warning to get the hell away from the higher sections of the fort. Flimsy waving of the present corner tower was ever more conclusive. The others were already well underway in enacting self preservation tactics, and Lucan would do no less.

A well practiced mind blocks out the discomfort of his chest while hoisting himself to his feet. Dashing away from the tower, Lucan hurls himself into the air and on top of the roof of the nearby building. His landing is well poised, with the momentum of his jump leading him across the roof and to its end at the south.

Athletics: 1#1d20+5 24

quote:

Taking some liberty here, going to assume the roof of the nearby building is not higher up than the fort wall's upper walkways/towers. The distance jumped doesn't look far and probably falls in the no-need-to-roll territory, however, I like rolling. Both action and movement will be used to move, so all of his turn will have him moving south along the roof but can't quite make it to ground level (updated his position on map, close to our two NPC buddies).

I'm tempting to join up with the barbarians outside if they choose to stay out there. I mean it's either gonna be a fight out there or wait for the horse people to jump across the flame wall and fight inside. If they can? Probably best to be together with our barbarian friends.. Then again, they do seem to explode in melee. Tough choices ahead.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...

Autumn Somerset
AC: 13/16[Disadv] | HP: 22/22
Healer's Kit: 10/10 | Arrows: 1110/19
Hero Points: 6/6 | Hit Dice: 2/2d8 + 1/1d10
Spells | Slots: [1] 1/2
[Concentration: Bless (Lucan, Daimon, Autumn)] [1 round elapsed]

Autumn shouts down to the others below, "Oleg, Rodney: water, buckets. Now! shitshitshitshitshitshit..."
Getting to her feet, she lobs a shot off into the distance, then shuffles over along the parapet, coughing a bit from being so close to the blaze.

P.d0t posted:

Move: stand from prone
Action: Longbow at a Centaur in the 100ft rank (w/ Bless): 15 to hit, 5 damage (+5 if Sneak Attack applies)
Move: beside Durnem
Bonus/Reaction: (provide any minor assistance possible, to help Clive hop over to the roof with Lucan, or whatever else he plans to do this turn)

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Realising that he might have cut getting away from the imminent conflagration a bit fine, Daimon just manages to bolt for a more stable segment of the palisade and scramble to safety as the wall he had been on collapses in a roar of flames and crashing timber. It's not the most graceful of escapes, but it is relatively effective.

Getting out of the fire. Dex save.: 1d20+2 12

Question unrelated to all this - can I change character's surname? I didn't pick it, and I don't particularly like it.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Jergo Macklen
HP: 17/17 AC: 16 Hero Points: 2/6 HD: 3/3 d6

Pleased as he is to have escaped the imminent collapse of the ground under his feet, Jergo can't help but bemoan the situation he has stepped into; his enemies are in general too far for his spells to reach unless he felt like stepping forward and plummeting into a flaming heap of timber.

Deciding that it's important not to burn to death, the gnome begins to waggle his fingers and makes a few swiping motions toward the centre of what had once been the eastern wall, trails of soil creeping up and over the flaming logs in an attempt to snuff out the nearest sheet of fire threatening to burn him to a crisp.

Familiar: Britzke the Fiendish Bat: 60' blindsight.
Spellbook (Save DC:13, +5 attack)
Rituals(Casting time): Alarm(11min), Comprehend Language(10min), Detect Magic(10min), Find Familiar(1h10min 10gp)
Cantrips: Minor Illusion, Chill Touch, Prestidigitation, Mold Earth
Prepared Spells
Lv. 1 [2/4]: Mage Armor, Shield, Tasha's Hideous Laughter, Catapult.
Lv. 2 [0/2]: Sniloc's Snowball Storm, Phantasmal Force.
Class: Arcane Recovery-Half wizard level rounded up in spell levels back once per long rest
Effects: 27 Instances of Alarm: 3-8 hours remaining
Mage Armor: Set AC to 13+dex- <8 hours remaining.
Tier 1 Exhaustion: Disadvantage on ability checks.
Racial: Gnome Cunning- Advantage on Int, Wis, and Cha savings throws against magic.

quote:

Havent had a lot of time to hang around at my desk so I've been pretty absent from chat, hopefully that'll change a bit in the new year. Sorry to hear about the lovely time you've had Waador :(

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...

ftfy

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Durnem Hapford (alias of Clive Wearling)

Rolls, Character Sheet
16/24 HP, [14 AC; prone]

The massive series of explosions sends Clive reeling as it rips apart the entire Eastern wall. Lucan and Autumn are quicker to recover, the former smartly leaping to safer footing and the latter rushing close-by, arrows sailing into the dark.

Clive pulls the cittern and begins strumming again. After the previous failure, Clive digs deep, concentrates, and pours his goddamned heart into it.

After some furious strumming and some incomprehensible shouting, Clive finishes with a flourish and sends a jolt of enchantment through Autumn in front of him. "Do us a favor and go rain some loving hell.".

quote:

- Cittern to cast Fly on Autumn.
"You touch a willing creature. The target gains a flying speed of 60 feet for the duration. When the spell ends, the target falls if it is still aloft, unless it can stop the fall." 10 minutes.

Task done, Clive hops to the rooftop with Lucan and ducks as low as he can. The tune still echoes in his mind.

quote:

- Move to rooftop and drop prone. It looks within the 8' given by Clive's strength score but just in case a roll (athletics?) is needed it's a 7.

--------------------------------------------------------
Limited: bolts (15/20), Hero pts (4/6) , Bardic Inspiration (2/3, 1d6), Hit Dice (3/3, 1d8)
Spells (13 DC): 1st (2/4), 2nd (2/2).
Cittern (1/day each): Fly, Invisibility, Levitate, Protection from evil and good, Barkskin, Cure wounds, Fog cloud.
Status Effects: Walnut Pie (advantage on 3 0 skill checks of his choice), concentration: Fly.
(currently under the alias of Durnem the surveyor)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan

quote:

Durnem's athletic check might not be needed, but it is a bit on the low side. If the roll ends up determining something, I'd like to retcon Lucan into hanging back on the roof to catch Durnem and maybe help offset whatever the roll effects. We can place Lucan next to Durnem wherever he lands on the roof.

If the roll means nothing then this can be ignored, just looking to offer an extra option. Some nice RP meets mechanics moment, help keep Lucan true to his "protect the group members" duty too.

• Locked thread