Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Durnem Hapford (alias of Clive Wearling)

Rolls, Character Sheet
10/10 HP, 14 AC

"Durnem" reaches into his pocket and feels comforted by Gizmo's presence. At the last possible instant, he pulls out the little ball of fluff and waves it around a bit, causing more illusory sod to join Jergo's and completely cover the traps. He hopes they will last long enough to be useful.

quote:

Cast minor illusion to help Jergo cover the traps.
I assume we've had a long rest? Reset spells and gain the bard dice back if so.

quote:

Combat-pertinent stuff I will need to see while traveling. More detail and instructions here.
Cantrips: Minor Illusion, Vicious Mockery (WIS save, 1d4 dmg and disadvantage on it's next attack), bard dice can be used with bonus action.
1st: sleep (5d8 HP, start with lowest), Dissonant Whispers (3d6, WIS save for 1/2, on fail uses reaction to run away from me the max possible), Healing word (1d4+3, bonus action)
XBow: 30/120', +4 atk, 1d6+2 pierce. Daggers: 20/60', +4 atk, 1d4+2, can stab or throw with 2 (offhand doesn't get atk bonus I think?).
Other at-hand items: flute, Gizmo (piece of wool), bolts, whistle.

--------------------------------------------------------
Limited: bolts (20/20), Hero pts (4/5) , Bardic Inspiration (3/3, 1d6), Hit Dice (1/1, 1d8)
Spells (13 DC): 1st (2/2).
status effects: 60 seconds of trap coverage with minor illusion
(currently under the alias of Durnem the surveyor)

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jul 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Waador posted:

Oleg's Trading Post...
"Within about a hundred feet of the building, I keep the area landscaped and clean, cutting the grass and arranging the boulders! It is wonderful, no? Beyond that I am less attentive, you can't tame the entire world, you know? But we are at the top of this hill, kings of all we survey! What did you want to know, friend? This area is grassland, mostly. The occasional tree dots the landscape, but the real forest does not begin for several miles from here!"

This, this might be the end of Daimon's patience with Oleg. He smiles thinly, and speaks calmly. "No. I am not talking about the land within your pitifully limited horizons. What of that which you can't see? What do the hunters that this so called "trading post" must depend on tell you about the forest?" As he speaks, Oleg hears a second voice echoing in his head. "Én̨o̵ug̶h.̧ T͠h͠e͞ ́ot͠h̶er̶s ͢maý ͞b͟e̴ a͠m͏u͟se͏d͡ b̶y your ͠bufoo̢n̶ery,̨ ́but̛ I ͘am̀ ̛no̸t.͡""
I have had it with Oleg (Intimidation): 1d20+5 18

Waador posted:

:siren:Jorvan has spotted bandits approaching, half a mile away. Any last-minute changes to your plan or positions can be made.:siren:

OoC posted:

I'd like to be somewhere where I can see Oleg directly too, if not on the same side as Clive and Gorom, are there at least a few holes in the stable wall?

Also, I am away for the later part of Saturday and early part of Sunday (my time), so sorry if things get held up a bit.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Jorvan Jozan
[HP: 10/10] [AC: 16]
[Hit Dice: 1d8] [Hit Dice Left: 1/1]
Hero Points: 5/5

Jorvan signals the rest of the party that five men are approaching on horseback and then does his best to hide from sight.

Stealth Roll - All Along the Watchtower: 2#1d20+3 4 17

Lvl. 1 [2/2]: Burning Hands (Domain), Faerie Fire (Domain), Healing Word, Guiding Bolt, Bless, Detect Magic (Ritual)
Abilities:
Warding Flare [3/3]: Impose disadvantage on attacking enemy within 30 feet that can see by using reaction. Replenishes on Long Rest.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Oleg's Trading Post...

Angrymog posted:

This, this might be the end of Daimon's patience with Oleg. He smiles thinly, and speaks calmly. "No. I am not talking about the land within your pitifully limited horizons. What of that which you can't see? What do the hunters that this so called "trading post" must depend on tell you about the forest?" As he speaks, Oleg hears a second voice echoing in his head. "Én̨o̵ug̶h.̧ T͠h͠e͞ ́ot͠h̶er̶s ͢maý ͞b͟e̴ a͠m͏u͟se͏d͡ b̶y your ͠bufoo̢n̶ery,̨ ́but̛ I ͘am̀ ̛no̸t.͡""
I have had it with Oleg (Intimidation): 1d20+5 18
Oleg was not, by any stretch of the imagination, a man who stood up well to pressure. The shock of someone speaking directly into his mind clearly unnerved him, though he didn't immediately go running to the hills.
pre:
How bad is Oleg's freakout?  65%
"Forgive me, my friend! I thought for some reason you folk knew of this land in terms of the many big things. The forest is known as the Narlmarches, or the Narlmarch Woods, and it splits the Stolen Land down the middle. It spreads across the lowlands of the region, and features craggy hills, lazy streams, deep ravines, and a great variety of trees, including oak, beech, and rushleaf!" He sighs, wiping some sweat from his brow, clearly drawing upon all his willpower to provide some useful information, "I speak with the hunters, and they speak with me, yes? The forest is bountiful, they say, full of a rich variety of wildlife. Many elk, some rivercats, black bears, grizzly bears - obviously, eh? - various large rodents, some types of boar, and of course wolves and coyotes. But the forest, it is not so safe a place to hunt, although it is filled with many creatures with valuable furs, yes? The hunters tell stories of giant owls, dangerous will-o'-wisps, foul owlbears, and aggressive vegetation, even!" He shakes his head, "I have not ventured into it, myself! I like breathing! The hunters also tell me they have spotted a gang of trolls along the southern edge of the forest, close to Lake Candlemere. I think perhaps this is the gang of trolls that once took over this outpost as their home, but I do not have any way to be knowing for sure." He shrugs, "There is also supposedly many bandit hideouts dotting the landscape, some new, many old. These lands have been an unsafe place for many generations, you know, so there is much abandoned ruin across the land."

Thereafter, Jergo's morning calisthenic routine gets his body into fighting shape well before the sun rises, and similarly his morning rituals exercise his mind just in time for danger to alert itself. In tandem with Durnem, illusions are slung, heroes are hidden, and last-minute positioning occurs to ensure people are able to keep an eye on Oleg and observe the situation as it unfolds.
pre:
You have all benefited from a long rest if you so required.
Daimon is able to take up a position that observes Oleg, as desired.
Jergo has 30 minutes remaining on comprehend languages when the bandits arrive.
Oleg takes up his position and waits for the bandits to approach the gate, which has been left ajar. As they approach, he is about as effective at operating under pressure as you might expect.

"...you are prompt as always, yes? In other circumstances I would call that a positive trait, hah!" He wipes a serious amount of sweat from his brow. "Forgive me, I am just now putting your things into sacks in the shed! Yesterday it was my task to do but a family of bears came and made a mess of things. I barely got out of that one alive! This place, it is perhaps not so safe, even with your protection. I am not sure I am cut out for this. But anyway, I have your things! So please do not feel the need to shoot!"
pre:
Oleg is unnerved for a number of reasons, inclusive of recent intimidation and the stress of the situation.
This gives him disadvantage on his charisma checks to pull this off.
Fortunately for him (and you), he is lucky, allowing him to channel his stupidity into dumb luck.
Oleg's lucky disadvantaged deception: 13
He was behaving ridiculously suspiciously, between his chatting up the people robbing him, the profuse sweating, and his body language in general. For a few tense moments they stop at the bottom of the hill, seeming to have a conversation among themselves. They seem to chalk it up to the threat of physical harm, though, and before too long four of the five men continue making their way up the hill towards the gates, with the latter remaining at the bottom of the hill: perhaps a lookout? He doesn't seem to be paying close attention to the situation, though, as far as Jorvan can tell. When they approach the gates, the apparent leader strikes up a conversation.

"You need to calm down, Oleg. If you don't do anything stupid, you're not going to get hurt. We're past all that. You're a good little earner these days, aren't you? That's all we care about. After all, why kill the cow when you can get the milk for free? Come on man, use your head." His men snicker in response to the comment.

"..."

"Yes, my friend, of course, of course. But you are likely in a hurry, yes? Many people to rob, I bet! Hah!" He wipes another trail of sweat from his forehead, "Perhaps if you help me load these bags with furs, this will go by faster, and we can then all go back to sleeping with our respective wives, hah!"
pre:
Oleg's lucky disadvantaged persuasion: 14
Somehow, he's pulling this off.  His luck will literally run out soon, however.
"...kind of a sore subject, actually, Oleg. Maybe you should shut up before you sour my good mood." The man shakes his head, "Whatever. Men, why don't you help this lazy piece of poo poo load up the saddlebags? He's right, we do have other places to be today."

"Yes sir!"

The men dismount their horses at the gate, and begin to head into the compound. Now that they are relatively close, you can tell that all four of these men are human, that they are armed with longbows, and are each wearing quivers with a few arrows, suits of leather armor, and traveling cloaks that likely help them blend in with the forest. Daggers and short swords hang from their belts, as do a few belt pouches no doubt containing miscellaneous tools and supplies.
pre:
Due to the dim light, the humans have disadvantage on their perception checks.
Disadvantaged perception: 14 / 12 / 5

A stealth check is required for Autumn.
As well, anyone with the Rostlander trait can make a history check.

Waador fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jul 3, 2015

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

HP: 9/9 AC: 13 Hero Points: 5/5 HD: 1d8+1 Spells 1 @1

Daimon waits with his crossbow loaded until Oleg slips, some bandits fall into the pits or spot the people on the roof.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

History check: 1d20+2 17

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Oleg's Trading Post...
Silently observing the situation from his hidden post in the watchtower, Jorvan is surprised to discover that he knows this man. Or, more accurately, he recognizes him: he was in all the papers for several weeks about two years ago. Perhaps a bit rougher around the edges now, and clearly in need of a shave and a thorough scrubbing in a bathhouse, but the leader of the bandits appears to be Happs Bydon. Happs was a captain in the city guard of Restov, and an officer in the national army, up until the time he got caught running a protection racket within Restov. He caught the attention of the media not for his crimes, but his response: he fled the city when he learned that the law was coming for him, abandoning his wife and two children to suffer the shame of his crimes. His crimes called into question the ethics and moral character of the national army, as well as the Restovian police force for several months, until a heavy-handed anti-corruption probe was laid down by the Swordlords.

It would seem that Happs is up to his same old tricks down here in the Greenbelt, executing a similar protection racket upon Oleg. At the very least, this seems to support the story Oleg told the group, although it is obviously not proof in and of itself.

In contrast, his men are wearing masks that cover their faces, making it difficult to identify them.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...
Stealth: :vince:

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Oleg's Trading Post...

P.d0t posted:

Stealth 7 (natural 1) / Stealth (advantage) 7 (natural 1):vince:
In dangerous situations where one's primary defense is the cover of darkness, there is always a risk that an errant glint of light - such as the break of dawn reflecting off the tip of a notched arrow - might give away your position, and thereby endanger your life. The group was likely prepared for that sort of thing, and would have been able to react to it with some degree of competency. What they weren't prepared for was Autumn nearly rolling straight off the roof, which is precisely what happens when she tries to adjust her footing to line up a shot on one of the bandits.

Jorvan has it the worst, because he sees it coming, and isn't able to shout to her without revealing his position. As she takes a step back, one of the tiles on the poorly repaired shingling slips away, clattering to the ground below. Autumn's leg gives way at the sudden loss of traction, and she is soon rolling down the sloped roof, and just barely able to grab hold of the edge before falling over twelve feet to the ground below in a crumpled heap. As it is, she is hanging onto the ledge by the tips of her fingers. As luck would have it, her bow is within arm's reach, so she is presented with two decidedly unpleasant options: she could grab the bow, and give up her grip, dropping to the ground below but perhaps able to fire a shot at the bandits before they can react. Or, she could try to clamber back up onto the roof and secure her position. For a brief moment, when all is quiet, Autumn idly wonders whether maybe, just maybe, but for the grace of the gods, nobody noticed the total mess of the situation she just made. That hope doesn't last long, obviously.

"Huh, what was that?" The heads of two of the bandits turn towards the roof of the guesthouse, their eyes trailing up to follow the path of the fallen shingling and settling directly upon Autumn's dangling form. "Oh, poo poo." One of the men scrambles to draw his sword, while the other rushes to bring a longbow to bear. The third man seems, against all odds, to not have noticed. "Huh, what? What are you guys doing?" To his credit, Oleg tries to intervene.

"Do not worry, my friends! It is the poor state of this outpost, it is literally falling apart! Shingles come down all the time, like rain! If only I had perhaps some money with which to buy supplies to fix this place, but you know how that goes, yes? Hah! Of course you do! So leave me to my problems, and come help me gather these furs, yes?"
pre:
Oleg's lucky disadvantaged deception: 19
There goes the last of his luck.
It was bullshit, plain and simple. He somehow made it work, though. The guard who, perhaps due to the angle of his position, couldn't see Autumn's dangling form didn't react to his comrades drawing weapons. Perhaps more importantly, Happs bought it, too.

"Hah! You men are loving cowards. Drawing your blades at a falling shingle. Chill out, boys. This guy doesn't have a backbone in him. What's he going to do, rig up a trap of shingles to fall on us? Give me a break. Get back to work!"

The one guard who isn't wise to what is happening doesn't disobey that order, walking directly into the trap you have laid.
pre:
One of the guards heads toward Oleg, falling directly into the illusion-concealed spiked pit.
He takes 8 damage.
"Waagh! Mother dick that hurt. Boss! I think I broke my gods damned leg!"
"Oh, poo poo. Oleg, you fool! You'll pay for this!"
"Oh, poo poo."
pre:
One of the bandits and Happs bought Oleg's ruse.
The two guards who can see Autumn aren't buying it, because they can see her bow and arrows.
They know what was about to happen, and are reacting to it.
This is effectively a surprise round, but two of the bandits get to act.
Initiative... (Feel free to modify your initiative with hero points if you so desire.)
16 / 15 / 13 / 12+6=18 / 12 / 6 / 6 / 2
Surprised!

:siren:You have entered a surprise round.:siren:
:rolldice:
:v:
:downs:
:v::v:
:v::v::v: (8 damage, prone, cover [5' hole]) Surprised!

Waador fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jul 3, 2015

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Jorvan Jozan

Even the best laid plans can end in disaster. Fate had deemed that today would be one such occurrence. Autumn had slipped on a loose shingle and had nearly been sent to a nasty fall. As it was she was clinging to the edge of the roof by her finger tips. Time to act. Jorvan popped out of his cover and took aim on the bandit who remained outside of the walls. From his fingertips a bolt of radiant energy surged from his hand.

"Attack now!" he called out to the others and ducked back into cover.

Ducking behind the wall as best I can in the watchtower. Will go prone if needed to get enough cover.

Guiding Bolt at Bandit outside Oleg's: 1d20+5 11

Hero Dice roll to be added to Guiding Bolt attack: 1d6 3

Waador pointed out in IRC that I neglected to roll with advantage for being hidden. I rolled a second time.

Second Roll for Guiding Bolt due to Hidden Advantage: 1d20+5 22

Guiding Bolt DMG Roll: 4d6 12

"The time for your reckoning has come, Happs! Do your men a favor and surrender now!"

Intimidation Roll: 1d20-1 2 bad orokos mojo continues! :v:

Lvl. 1 [1/2]: Burning Hands (Domain), Faerie Fire (Domain), Healing Word, Guiding Bolt, Bless, Detect Magic (Ritual)
Abilities:
Warding Flare [3/3]: Impose disadvantage on attacking enemy within 30 feet that can see by using reaction. Replenishes on Long Rest.

Trast fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jul 3, 2015

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

HP: 9/9 AC: 13 Hero Points: 4/5 HD: 1d8+1 Spells: 1 @ 1 Initiative: 18

Realising from the shouting, Oleg's suprisingly convincing story about the shingles, and the screaming bandit that it's all gone wrong, Daimon heads out of the stable and spots the man who appears to be in charge. A simple curse is whispered "Ţ̵h̵̨̕͟ì̧̨̕s̷̢͘͡ ̵̧̡̨p̵̶̴͟l̶a̶͞ć͏̴́ȩ̵̸́ ̵̴͟͡i̢̛͡s̸̵͘͡ ̢̢̕͠͠y̷̴̷͝͡o̧u̴͘͢͡ŗ͢ ҉̧̀d̸̸́̕e̸͢a̸̛̕͜t̵̵͢͟h͘,̶ ̢̧a̡̡̕͠n҉̶͞d҉͜͜͞͞ ̸̀͢͟y͝ǫ̨҉̀ų͢͞͞͞ŗ̵͜͢ ̡̡̧̕͢s̷̀͜ǫ̸̸̡͟ų̸̸̛͞l̸̀͢ś̵̡͟͢ ͜͜͏s͜͜h̵̛҉á̸̧l͝l̸̴̵ ̵̢͘b̶̡̕͜e̸͘ ̴̸̨̡͞c̛͘͢ǫ̷̀͠n̶͢s̷̡͞ú͏m̧͏͜e̛͟͡ḑ̶̀͟ ̡̡̀͡i͢͟ņ͟͞ ͢͠d̨͞͡ę̵̀p̡̡͏t͞͝h́͝҉̨́s͘͜͢ ̴o͟͢f̶̡͢͞ ̶̴t̡̢̛͜h̶̨̧́͠é̶͞͠ ͝͏̸̨҉a̴̶͢b̧̢y̸̵s͢͏s̷̸̶̕.̵̵̴̀" and echoes in the mind of the bandit leader.

Expecting retaliation he ducks back behind the stable door.

dice and things posted:

Hero Point spent to boost initiative: 1d6 6 I'm now on 18
Casting Dissonant Whispers on Happs
Dissonant whisper damage (Wis save DC13 for half): 3d6 14 and Orokos has refrained from screwing me, which is nice.

Angrymog fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jul 3, 2015

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Oleg's Trading Post...
All hell breaks loose pretty much immediately. Jorvan launches a bolt of radiant light directly into the man observing the robbery from the comfort of the road, the man at the bottom of the pit continues to groan in pain, and Happs suffers a terrible psychic assault. Perhaps worryingly, the surprise attack doesn't strike dead any of your would-be assailants.
"Seriously, I think my leg is broken. I don't think I can move."
"Argh!!! What sorcery is this?!"
"poo poo, poo poo, poo poo, poo poo, poo poo, poo poo, poo poo."
pre:
Wisdom save (Happs):  11
Happs takes 14 psychic damage, and due to dissonant whispers he must
use his reaction, if available, to move as far away as his speed allows.

However, as he is surprised, he can't take a reaction, and is unable to do this.
He will, however, have to take this as his reaction when the turn ends.
:v::v::v: (8 damage, prone, cover [5' hole]) (14 damage) (12 damage) Surprised!
:downs::downs:

Waador fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jul 3, 2015

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
I have a legitimate concern that some of my posts are being ignored. I know that this game is posting fast, but I had asked about the wagon before the combat was set up. then you asked for final positioning and I made a comment about it again.

Gorom Grofhorm
HP: 15/15 AC: 15 HD: 1d12 (1/1)

As the first bandit fell into the trapped well, Gorom immediately came from behind the stables, coming up behind the cart he positioned before. He quickly took note of the position of the bandits; only one had fallen for the trap, the rest were lingering around the guest house. The dim light didn't bother Gorom's eyes at all as he spied Autumn hanging on the edge of the roof.

With a mighty heave he pushed the wagon out from beside the stable, slamming it into the fort doors, shutting them from the inside. Looking up from the cart, Gorom eye'd the nearest bandit and drew his greataxe.

pre:
Hurling a Javelin: Athletic to push cart: 1d20+5 13
Damage: 1d6+3 7
edited

Teonis fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jul 3, 2015

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Not trying to ignore the wagon-related stuff, I am just not sure where the wagon is supposed to be. Feel free to amend your post and the positioning in Roll20 to align with what you had envisioned as you had all the time in the world to prepare.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

Autumn Somerset
AC: 13 | HP: 9/9
Healer's Kit: 10/10 | Arrows: 20/20

Looking over her should as she dangles, the first thought that crosses her mind is, "there are no words..."
Not really keen on the idea of fisticuffs in a '2-against-1' setup with the bandits, Autumn opts to pull herself up, away from the fray.
She grabs up her bow as she rolls towards the centre of the roof.

AFAICT neither of the dudes closest to me are surprised, so there is no one for me to sneak attack, and I can't even go TWF on this turn either, so fuckit. Back to the high ground.
Will use my turn to drop prone (no action, IIRC), but I don't see any need to move from my current square.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Oleg's Trading Post...
Gorom's strength proves to be a priceless asset to the group once again, as he proceeds to slam the wagon into the gates: forcing them closed. Meanwhile, Autumn scrambles back up on top of the room and wisely drops flat, making herself a rather difficult target. The enemy, rather predictably, quickly reacts to his presence.

"Oh dear god, is that an orc?! Oleg, what have you done?!" The man draws his longbow and attempts to fend off Gorom with suppressing fire after seeing the man draw his greataxe. The arrow strikes true, although it has nowhere near enough stopping power to drop the folk hero.
pre:
Action (bandit): Attack [longbow]
 Hit - 22
 Damage - 4 piercing
Move:  25' north, into the alleyway with the crates.
:v::v::v: (8 damage, prone, cover [5' hole]) (14 damage) (12 damage) Surprised!
:downs: (4 damage)

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Jergo Macklen
HP: 7/7 AC: 16 Hero Points: 4/5 HD: 1d6

As the chaotic situation is set into motion, Jergo sidles along the edge of the shed between the alley bordering the stables. Peering his head around the corner he spots what appears to be the leader of this group, there's a vague sense that he's seen this person in the papers before, but if Jergo is to be honest with himself he doesn't read much more than the financial news and the obituaries.

Looking toward his trap, the pit now containing a successfully captured target, Jergo gives a quick jerk his hand making a sign with his fingers before he slaps his hand to the ground sending a surge of magic through the earth and causing soil to collapse from next to the trap and into the pit sending a cascade of dirt swirling around the unlucky bandit. Jergo unable to see into the hole from where he is isn't sure if he's just buried the man alive unintentionally or just added a good dollop of weight on top of him as intended, he is however sure the screams or lack thereof will answer his questions, and anyway he'd heard that humans can hold their breath for several minutes at a time! Surely nothing to be worried about.

Familiar: Britzke the Fiendish Bat: 60' blindsight.
Spellbook (Save DC:13 +5 attack)
Rituals: Alarm(11min), Comprehend Language(10min), Detect Magic(10min), Find Familiar(1h10min 10gp)
Cantrips: Minor Illusion, Chill Touch, Prestidigitation, Mold Earth
Prepared Spells
Lv. 1 [1/2]: Mage Armor, Shield, Detect Magic, Comprehend Languages
Class: Arcane Recovery (1 spell level p/long rest)
Effects: Mage Armor(8 hours)(13 ac becomes 16), Comprehend Languages(30 min):understand the literal meaning of any spoken/written language.

quote:

History 7 to recognize Happs

Moved 25' up the alley and casting mold earth on the square to the south of the trapped bandit and dumping a large amount of soil on top of him. Jergo is trying to just weigh the bandit down but whether he can do something precise like that without looking into the pit directly is kinda sketchy. So up to the DM :v:

Jergo can move a 5 foot cube (125 cubic feet) of soil with one casting, and the soil weights I'm finding range from anywhere from 40lbs a cubic foot to 90lbs depending on what type so it's potentially a lot of weight. :science:

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jul 4, 2015

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

(turns out hotel doesn't have WiFi)

Clives priorities:

A) sleep the guy outside if I can (I think I'd have to be able to move somewhere I could see him maybe?). If not possible, shout that the gate only has a release from the outside to try to deceive him to running over to help. This should probably auto fail if he doesn't care about his buddies or is under very strict instructions, I'm guessing. =p
B) else, vicious mockery for leader, then move deeper into stable for maximal cover.
C) Bard dice for autumn as a bonus action.

An assist from ADP, Trast, and Waador to figure out details would be wonderful (phone posting with limited time). Sorry guys! Back late tomorrow night. Montreal is awesome though!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

You'd have to climb the ladder to actually get a visual on the guy and to get up there you'd have to double move to see outside and Jorvan and Autumn probably have that guy handled, so in the name of progress doing your move and going with your plan B :v:.
Durnem moves 10' up to the door of the barn Partial move

Durnem bardic inspires Autumn who is just in range. Bonus Action.

Durnem casts vicious Mockery on Happs who needs to make a dc13 wisdom save or take 1 Psychic damage and suffer disadvantage on his next weapon attack. Main Action.

He then moves 20' back diagonally into one of the stalls. Finishing partial move.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jul 5, 2015

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Oleg's Trading Post...
Without the advantage of sight to direct his maneuver into something resembling a surgical strike, Jergo opts for the nuclear option of moving as much earth as possible into and onto their captive. Given that he was already potentially impaled by spikes, the added pressure of somewhere between several hundred and a few thousand pounds of dirt definitely wouldn't do any lasting damage to the man. His screams suggest he is still alive, albeit deeply concerned about his position.
"No! No!! It's happening just like the old gypsy woman said!"
Those screams die down as the soft earth embraces him as he struggles against it, however. He likely realized that he needs to hold his breath. Either that, or he just got a pretty sizable mouthful of dirt and clay.
pre:
The bandit in the hole is now buried in earth.
He suffers the restrained condition, but also has 3/4 cover.
He also might be suffocating, it's hard to tell.
Meanwhile, Durnem the surveyor emerges from the stables and encourages Autumn to get back into the fight, while also subtly assaulting the ego of the apparent leader of the bandits.
"Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger!" Clive knew that wasn't true, not a single healer in the world supported that idea. He said it with such grace and poise, though. "And what does kill you, well, kills you. So that's something to think about." That latter statement was made while maintaining eye contact with the leader of the bandits, shortly before retreating back into the stables.
pre:
Durnem the surveyor
Move:  10', outside of the stable doors.
Bonus:  Bardic inspiration (+1d6) given to Autumn.
Action:  Vicious mockery vs. Happs Bydon
Move:  20', back inside the stable.
"..."
pre:
Wisdom save (Happs): 3
Happs fails the save, and takes 2 psychic damage.
He also has disadvantage on the first attack roll he makes in the next round.
Meanwhile, the other bandit who noticed Autumn - the one who elected to draw his short sword instead of his longbow, and is now rather regretting that decision with Gorom in the fray - attempts to distract the half-orc with his blade in order to create an opening for his leader, or perhaps his bow-wielding partner, to take a kill-shot.
pre:
Move:  Into melee with Gorom (25')
Action (bandit): Attack [short sword]
 Hit - 16
 Damage - 4 piercing
"Boss, I'm not sure I'm equipped to handle this..."
"Yeah, well, when life gives you lemons..."
"What the gently caress does that even mean?"
"Maybe you should shut up and focus on your swordsmanship."
"..."

The disgraced soldier, as well as the man beyond the gates, appear to be finally gathering their wits about them.
"Relax, kid. I'll back you up on this one. Two against one, how hard can it be? Their other guy is cowering in the stables, and Oleg's a joke. Are you seriously worried about this? Come on."
pre:
Initiative...
Happs Bydon - 13
Unknown Bandit - 8

With his initiative rolled, Happs Bydon is now able [and forced] to spend his reaction moving away from Daimon.
He moves 30' into the alleyway.
The bandit engaged in melee with Gorom seems relieved at his commander's promise to tag-team Gorom, though his back is turned to the man, and he doesn't see him slip away down the alley.

:siren:Combat:siren:
:rolldice: (8 damage)
:v: (AC 15, 16 damage (injured), disadvantage on next attack) (AC 12 / 0 damage (uninjured)) (AC 11, 12 damage (injured), guiding bolt effect)
:v::v: (AC 12 / 0 damage (uninjured))
:suicide: (8 damage (wounded), prone, restrained, 3/4 cover, suffocating?)

Waador fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jul 5, 2015

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Jorvan Jozan

Happs had regained his wits and was organizing his men. But of more concern to Jorvan was the man outside. If he escaped he could get reinforcements quickly. Jorvan had faith in Desna and his elven longbow. The bandit was outlined by brilliant light and his arrow landed true.

Longbow Attack on bandit outside (with advantage due to guiding bolt): 2#1d20+5 15 HIT 8 1d8+3 7 DMG

Happy 4th of July to the Americans in game!

Lvl. 1 [1/2]: Burning Hands (Domain), Faerie Fire (Domain), Healing Word, Guiding Bolt, Bless, Detect Magic (Ritual)
Abilities:

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

Autumn Somerset
Healer's Kit: 10/10 | Arrows: 2019/20
Hero Points: 54/5

Getting up from her prone position, Autumn steps over the peak of the roof, seeing the skeevy bandit hustling down the alley while he leaves some dumb chump to duke it out with a half-orc; quaint.
Drawing an arrow from its quiver, she takes aim at the poor sucker with her bow.

Longbow (vs. dude beside Gorom): Miss. The damage roll is also poo poo, so gently caress using Bardic Die on that.on second thought, Hero Point. Take 6 piercing damage. :commissar:

Moving back and dropping prone in my previous position.

P.d0t fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jul 5, 2015

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

HP: 9/9 AC: 13 Hero Points: 4/5 HD: 1d8+1 Spells: 0 @1

Daimon leaves the safety of the stable to fire his crossbow at the bandit backed up to the crates. He doesn't wait to see if the thug survives the hit, instead backing up against the stable wall. He does however spare a glance at the partially covered pit to see if the bandit in there is still alive.

dice and things posted:

Shooting bandit near the boxes: 1d20+4 18 1d8+2 9

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Oleg's Trading Post...
Jorvan continues his assault from atop the watchtower, embedding an arrow deep into the thigh of the bandit outside the walls. He has, as of yet, failed to land a killing blow: but the man has burns over three quarters of his body from the radiant light of Desna's wrath, and is now losing blood at an alarming speed. He calls out to the men trapped within the walls of the fort.
"Happs, I thought you said you and your men had this area under control! This is not good."
"Everything is under control, Domingo! Just a little road bump that we're going to turn into a mass grave."
"For your sake, I hope you're right about that..."

Meanwhile, Autumn carefully makes her way across the roof, planting an arrow in the back of the bandit engaged in a rather hapless melee with Gorom.
"Aiyee!" His scream pierces the ears of everyone within sight. Rather clearly, he isn't used to his victims fighting back.

Simultaneously, Daimon slips around the corner of the storage shed and lodges a crossbow bolt into the shoulder of the bandit currently trying to scramble over the crates piled in the alleyway. His payload delivered, he slips back around the corner and safely away from the likely reprisal of an arrow to the face. Sparing a glance at the bandit in the pit, Daimon sees a pair of hands frantically trying to grab hold of something with which to pull himself free of the grave. His head is clearly beneath the earth, so he is definitely going to suffocate if he doesn't manage to free himself.
"Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god."

:rolldice: (8 damage)
:v: ([AC 15], [16 damage, injured], disadvantage on next attack) ([AC 12], [2/11 HP, wounded], longbow) ([AC 11], [19 damage, wounded])
:v::v: ([AC 12], [5/11 HP, wounded], short sword)
:silent:
:ghost: ([3/11 HP, wounded], prone, restrained, 3/4 cover, suffocating)

Waador fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jul 5, 2015

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
Man, I should have gone with the Barbarian mantra, "Rage early, Rage often"

Gorom Grofhorm
HP: 7/15 AC: 15 HD: 1d12 (1/1)

The half-orc howls in rage, as the bandit slashes into him "Spill your blooood!" he cried in a savage scream. Over his head, Gorom whirled his axe in a wide circle before bringing the heavy weapon down onto the offending bandit.

There was a very satisfying "splut" sound as the bandit came apart into pieces.

Finishing his work here, Gorom hustled over to the abandoned horses. Mounting up, he turned about and pursued the man known as Happs down the alley between the wall and guesthouse. Doom shone in his eyes as he stared death at the poor man. "Run manling, I love a hunt!"

pre:
Going into a rage: Advantage on STR checks and saving throws, +2 Rage Damage on melee, resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing (half damage)
BOOM! Attack with Greataxe: 1d20+5 25
Crit+Savage Attack: Damage: 3d12+5 18

Teonis fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jul 5, 2015

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

Not having a clear view of the carnage below, Autumn is nonetheless made aware of it when a heavy misting of blood wafts over her, in response to the orc's warcry.
She shuddered in her crouched position, eyes clenching shut a moment as the barbarian's horse spirited him off down the gangway, the sound of its hooves a harbinger of the violence to come.

:eng101:

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Waador posted:

Daimon sees a pair of hands frantically trying to grab hold of something with which to pull himself free of the grave. His head is clearly beneath the earth, so he is definitely going to suffocate if he doesn't manage to free himself.
Having witnessed the demise of Gorom's opponent, Daimon says to Jergo, "Going to need the dirt off this one's face real soon, or a different prisoner"

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Oleg's Trading Post...
Gorom obliterates the man who decided to test his mettle against him in mortal combat. Blood is spraying everywhere, covering the wall of the guesthouse, the horses, and the half-orc, as well as Autumn to no small degree. The barbarian then proceeds to mount the enemy's own horse and charges directly for their commander. Happs was not expecting that kind of a showing.
pre:
In this instance, I am going to make Happs roll a morale check to avoid being frightened of Gorom.
The DC will be set to the damage you dealt, being 18.
Wisdom save (Happs): 19 (success)
Gorom could see that the enemy commander was obviously unnerved, but he seemed unwilling to give in to his fear. That was a rather dangerous prospect, as it meant that he would turn it into adrenaline with which to fuel his defensive barrage. Rather literally forced into a corner, he draws his scimitar in his right hand, slides a dagger out of his sleeve into his left hand, and throws himself straight into the oncoming path of Gorom's charge.
"Show me your moves."
pre:
Action (Happs):  Attack (multiattack) vs. Gorom
 Hit #1 - 8 [disadvantage: vicious mockery] (miss!)
 Hit #2 - 19 (hit!)
 Damage #2 - 6 slashing, halved to 3 due to rage.
 Hit #3 - 21 (hit!)
 Damage #3 - 6 piercing, halved to 3 due to rage.
Unlike Jorvan, Gorom wasn't particularly aware of Happs' background: as a veteran soldier and a member of the city guard of Restov for many years, he was a skilled fighter and had seen more than his fair share of combat. Within seconds, he had slid his dagger into Gorom's hip, burying it deep. In the same heartbeat, he slashed a wide swath across the barbarian's chest with his scimitar. The area was a whirlwind of blood, and in seconds Gorom was at risk of slumping over his mount, his vision white with pain. In part due to his overconfidence in his own ability, and in part due to a lack of experience engaging in battle with barbarians, Happs believes he has sent Gorom to his grave: and makes the potentially fatal error of turning his back on the man to walk away.
pre:
Gorom takes 3 slashing damage, reducing him to 4 HP.
Gorom then takes 3 piercing damage, reducing him to 1 HP.
Insight (Happs) of 12 causes him to believe Gorom has fallen.
Happs uses his movement (30') to circle around the building, triggering an attack of opportunity from Gorom.
Meanwhile, the bandit near the crates quickly scales them, leaping onto the roof of Oleg's hall.
"No, no, no, no, no, no, no..."
pre:
Action (bandit):  Dash
 Move: 60', on top of the roof of Oleg's hall, dropping prone.
While this is going on, the man outside of the gates draws his crossbow and fires a shot at Jorvan. It is, however, a terrible shot. Panicking, the man ducks behind the cover of the boulders decorating the road near the base of the hill.
pre:
Action (other bandit):  Attack vs. Jorvan
 Hit - 6 (miss!)
Move:  Behind the boulders, for 3/4 cover (30').
:rolldice: (1/15 HP)
:v: (AC 15, 16 damage, injured) (AC 12, 2/11 HP, wounded, prone, longbow) (AC 11+5, 19 damage, wounded, 3/4 cover)
:ghost: (3/11 HP, wounded, prone, restrained, 3/4 cover, suffocating) (AC 12, -13/11 HP, dead)

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

Autumn Somerset
Healer's Kit: 10/10 | Arrows: 1918/20
Hero Points: 4/5

Even amidst all the distractions, Autumn has the wherewithal to hear the panicking idiot scamper up onto the opposite roof. She rolls onto her back, just in time to see him drop down on the far slope.
Picking herself up (and leaving an Autumn-shaped blood-stencil on the roof, in the process) she hones in on where the bandit disappeared behind cover, aiming her bow and waiting for the perfect time to strike.

Readying an Action to attack the bandit with my Longbow; I would like to move to the south side of the roof I'm on with what's left of my move, assuming it doesn't give that guy cover from me. Otherwise I'll stay where I am, no longer prone though.

P.d0t fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jul 6, 2015

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Jergo Macklen
HP: 7/7 AC: 16 Hero Points: 3/5 HD: 1d6

Jergo hears Daimon's comment and starts muttering to himself "Oh dear oh dear, my aim must have been a little bit off" stepping out of the alley and to the corner of the pit, Jergo thrusts his hand out and the dirt around the bandit's head clears "Sorry bout that! Just to let you know my good fellow, the Swordlords have declared unrepentant banditry punishable by death via sword or rope, best be thinking of your future prospects." Jergo begins to close his hand, the dirt tightening lightly around the bandits throat again "I really suggest you are compliant with our questions in the time to come and that you think about turning over a new leaf in life, crime doesn't pay after all."

Giving his little fingers a jolly wave toward the trapped bandit and releasing the spell tightening the earth, Jergo moves off around the edge of the pit toward where the combat is taking place.

Familiar: Britzke the Fiendish Bat: 60' blindsight.
Spellbook (Save DC:13 +5 attack)
Rituals: Alarm(11min), Comprehend Language(10min), Detect Magic(10min), Find Familiar(1h10min 10gp)
Cantrips: Minor Illusion, Chill Touch, Prestidigitation, Mold Earth
Prepared Spells
Lv. 1 [1/2]: Mage Armor, Shield, Detect Magic, Comprehend Languages
Class: Arcane Recovery (1 spell level p/long rest)
Effects: Mage Armor(8 hours)(13 ac becomes 16), Comprehend Languages(30 min):understand the literal meaning of any spoken/written language.

quote:

Moved out of the alley.
Cast Mold earth to clear the bandit's head.
DM approved advantage intimidate on the bandit to make him a repentant and compliant bandit. 21 Adding +2 to the roll with a hero point So 23 intimidation.
Finish my move further into the courtyard.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jul 6, 2015

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

HP: 9/9 AC: 13 Hero Points: 4/5 HD: 1d8+1 Spells: 0@1

Unable to see any immediate threats and unwilling to risk an arrow or knife to the face by climbing up to the roof, Daimon stays where he is and reloads his crossbow, waiting for someone to shoot at.

dice and things posted:

The bolt will go wide. if Happs is the target, Jergo's hat may take 5 damage.

Crossbow attack at first active threat: 1d20+4 5 1d8+2 5

Angrymog fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jul 6, 2015

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007

Gorom Grofhorm
HP: 1/15 AC: 15 HD: 1d12 (1/1) Raging

The deft attacks of the bandit leader momentarily staggered the barbarian, but it did not last long. Fueled by his rage, Gorom was quick to take the chance when Hopps turned to make himself scarce. Swinging upward from horseback with his axe, he gave the man a long slash across his back.

The sudden blow caused the man to stumble, unable to get away from the horse mounted wild-man. As the horse reared up, Gorom too brought his axe up, and with the weight of the heavy horse, brought the blade back down on the bandit leader.

pre:
Opportunity Attack: 1d20+5 21
Damage: 1d12+5 7

Attack with Greataxe: 1d20+5 15
Damage: 1d12+5 14

Horse is using Dodge action, by rearing if I understand the rules for mounts.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Jorvan Jozan

The bandit outside had finally had enough of being hit from afar and had dived behind some rocks. A crossbow bolt shot out from the cover and went wide of Jorvan. He could not let that man escape to warn the other bandits. "Desna grace me with your presence. Guide my arrow so that I may bring justice to this land."

Longbow attack on bandit outside in cover (16 to hit): 1d20+5 17 1d8+3 6

Abilities:

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Oleg's Trading Post...
Happs grits his teeth and manages to hold back a scream as Gorom's axe carves a thick gash across his back. The veteran soldier whirls on the barbarian, eyes wide in shock.
"Still alive, are you? Impressive."
pre:
Happs is hit by Gorom's attack of opportunity, taking 7 slashing damage.
He had stumbled to one knee from the force of the barbarian's attack, but he didn't let that situation persist for very long. Rolling backwards out of Gorom's reach, he ducks around the corner of the building before continuing his conversation.
"What did Oleg offer you? I'll double it. I could use a man like you in the crew."
pre:
An attack of opportunity interrupts movement, in the sense that it occurs before the movement finishes.
It does not, however, prevent the person from continuing to move afterwards (if they are still alive).
In order to do that, you would need the sentinel feat, which sets a creature's speed to 0' when
you hit them with an opportunity attack.  As a result, Happs executes his movement as intended.
Gorom, perhaps predictably, chases his quarry around the corner. Happs is waiting for him when he emerges, and the man expertly parries Gorom's axe strike with his scimitar, deflecting it into the side of the guest house. A rainfall of wooden splinters erupts in the general vicinity.
pre:
Happs has a reaction which allows him to parry an attack.
This adds +2 AC to one melee attack that would otherwise hit.
As a result, his AC is elevated from 15 to 17 for your second attack, causing it to miss.
"Well, how about it?"

Meanwhile, Autumn and Daimon ready their weapons to fire when some poor helpless fool rears their head. Around this point in time, Jergo metes out an act of mercy upon the buried bandit, freeing his head from the prison of soft earth. He coughs up half a cup of dirt and clay before he is able to speak.
"Oh thank the gods. I'm so sorry about all of this. I'll do anything you say, just don't let me die like that."

Jorvan, on the other hand, remains focused on the threat of the bandit beyond the walls. His quarry seems legitimately shocked that the elven archer was able to strike him despite the significant protective cover of the rock formation.
pre:
Jorvan's arrow strikes the other bandit for 6 piercing damage.
:v: (AC 15, 23 damage, injured) (AC 12, 2/11 HP, wounded, prone, longbow) (AC 11+5, 7/32 HP, wounded, 3/4 cover)
:silent: (1/15 HP)
:ghost: (3/11 HP, wounded, prone, restrained, 3/4 cover, not suffocating) (AC 12, -13/11 HP, dead)

Waador fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jul 6, 2015

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Durnem Hapford (alias of Clive Wearling)

Rolls, Character Sheet
10/10 HP, 14 AC

Cowering Tactically positioned inside the corner horse stall, Clive can’t see much. But the sounds echoing through the market yard are horrifying, signaling that his companions have not only seized the upper hand, but are ice loving cold. Nearby, one bandit has been impaled, buried up to his neck in dirt, and ruthlessly smacked around by Jergo the loan shark, while off near the gate, another bandit has clearly been run through a juicer.

But off in the far corner of the yard, Clive can hear Gorom engaged in what sounds like a truly ferocious combat with this “Happs” fellow that seemed to be leading the bandit troop. It sounds like a close fight. This was exactly the sort of opportunity Clive had been waiting for. There’s no faster way to earn yourself a few favors than to save somebody’s rear end once or twice.

Clive looks around, but doesn’t see much. The horse pens are pretty simple, with no obvious tools or contraptions or materials with which to work with. Except… horses…

Moments later, Clive explodes out of the barn atop Kahli, sprinting at a full gallop across the yard with the barbarian’s mount. “Gooorroooooooom! I brought your horse! Stay strong, my friend! Help is on the way!” Clive does his best to envigor his companion with a second wind, and who knows, maybe the horse would be useful to the warrior. But it’s all an act. Plausible cover. Much more important is the second message: a creeping, insidious whisper heard only by the captain of the bandits, worming its way into his subconscious and stoking the most primal of fears.

Clive only hopes that Oleg was right about this fellow being the slightly daft one. Otherwise, things were about to get a bit more dangerous than the corner of the horse stable.

quote:

-Step 15’ North, then hop on Kahli
-Kahli dashes 60’ across the yard to the corner of the building Autumn is on.
-Dissonant Whispers on Happs. Must make a WIS save or take 9 damage and use reaction to run away from me. Save for half damage and no running.
-Healing Word on Gorom with bonus action, Gorom regains 6 HP

--------------------------------------------------------
Limited: bolts (20/20), Hero pts (4/5) , Bardic Inspiration (2/3, 1d6), Hit Dice (1/1, 1d8)
Spells (13 DC): 1st (0/2).
status effects: none
(currently under the alias of Durnem the surveyor)

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jul 6, 2015

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Oleg's Trading Post...
Durnem the surveyor bravely emerges from the stable, riding upon Gorom's own steed. His steadfast attitude and perfect posture in the face of danger is somehow unreasonably inspiring, driving Gorom to push himself further than even his own not-insubstantial limits would normally allow. Meanwhile, Clive's insidious enchantment works its way into the back of Happs' head, encouraging him to flee despite the danger such a choice might pose to him.
pre:
Wisdom save (Happs): 20 (success)
He succeeds, and so takes only 4 psychic damage, and no other effect.
"Hah! Done hiding in the stables, are you, lad? Well, good on you, I suppose." The soldier had obviously shook off the enchantment. "You there, up on the roof! How about you make yourself useful and put down this coward while I deal with the big one!"
"Y-yes sir!" The archer responds to the rallying cry of his leader, standing up from his fetal position in an attempt to aim his bow at Durnem. He is, of course, promptly shot in the head by Autumn. His motionless form tumbles off the roof to the ground below.
pre:
The bandit on the roof stands up when ordered to attack.
Autumn's readied action triggers, striking him for 3 piercing damage.
This knocks him unconscious, and he promptly tumbles off the roof to the ground below.
This causes a further 6 falling damage.
He is now unconscious and dying.
Throughout this whole endeavor, Happs had actually been unaware of the fact that Autumn was on the roof. He actually still thought it had just been shingles falling due to the poor state of repair of the outpost. When he sees his man immediately get shot in the head with an arrow, he seems to reconsider the situation a bit. "Well, then. Aren't you an organized bunch?" He lashes out at Gorom in a violent assault, striking at the barbarian's exposed legs along the side of his own horse, seemingly unconcerned for the welfare of the mount if he happens to miss a strike.
pre:
Action (Happs):  Attack (multiattack) vs. Gorom
 Hit #1 - 11 (miss!)
 Hit #2 - 15 (hit!)
 Damage #2 - 7 slashing, halved to 3 due to rage.
 Hit #3 - 20 (hit!)
 Damage #3 - 5 piercing, halved to 2 due to rage.
This time, he keeps a close eye on Gorom, and is aware that the barbarian is still alive and conscious. Unwilling to risk making a break for it after seeing the sort of power behind the half-orc's overhead slash, he frowns and stands his ground. Meanwhile, the bandit outside the gates does what Jorvan had expected him to do all along.
""Tch..."
"gently caress this."
pre:
Action (other bandit):  Dash
 Move: To the nearby horse, mounting it.
 Mount:  Dash, 120' west, around the rocks and down the hill.
:rolldice: (2/15 HP)
:v: (AC 15, 27 damage, injured) (AC 11, 7/32 HP, wounded)
:ghost: (3/11 HP, wounded, prone, restrained, 3/4 cover, not suffocating) (AC 12, -13/11 HP, dead) (AC 12, 0/11 HP, unconscious, prone, 1 failed death save)

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

Autumn Somerset
Healer's Kit: 10/10 | Arrows: 1817/20
Hero Points: 4/5

Sparing herself time for a congratulatory mini-fistpump upon ending a person's life, Autumn quickly hustles over to the edge of the bunkhouse.

Waador posted:

"Well, then. Aren't you an organized bunch?"
"Yes, and I think we've heard enough out of you."

Clearly unentertained by the ongoing banter, she draws back her bow and fires an arrow into Happs.

The poo poo damage rolls continue, with a hit for a whopping FIVE damage, including Sneak Attack. :vince:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Jergo Macklen
HP: 7/7 AC: 16 Hero Points: 3/5 HD: 1d6

Turning his ear to the sky, Jergo stops heading off in the direction of the messy fight happening across the fort and turns to Daimon "I don't suppose you wouldn't mind giving me a bit of a hand onto the roof would you? It sounds like we have a run away outside on horseback." Moving off toward a point near the barn Jergo beckons Daimon over with one hand whilst pointing to the roof with the other.

quote:

As I recall the buildings are taller than the walls so if Daimon met Jergo and made a half decent athletics check, Jergo could move southwest 4 tiles and use his last tile of movement in combination with an assist from Daimon to climb up to where he'd just be in range to throw out a chill touch at the fleeing bandit man. On the other hand if you agree to help and roll terrible we get to imagine Daimon bracing for a gnome tossing and then throwing Jergo face first straight into a wall, we all win here :v:.

If I have Jergo drop his pack he weighs in at 47 lbs with clothing, his focus, and knife so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jul 6, 2015

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

HP: 9/9 AC: 13 Hero Points: 4/5 HD: 1d8+1

A Darker Porpoise posted:

Turning his ear to the sky, Jergo stops heading off in the direction of the messy fight happening across the fort and turns to Daimon "I don't suppose you wouldn't mind giving me a bit of a hand onto the roof would you? It sounds like we have a run away outside on horseback." Moving off toward a point near the barn Jergo beckons Daimon over with one hand whilst pointing to the roof with the other.
"They have ladders you know." Despite the complaint, Daimon moves over to try andd boost the gnome on to the roof, albeit with an attitude of, 'I'm only doing this because I probably don't have the range to deal with the problem.' It quickly becomes obvious that he's probably never even boosted someone into a saddle, nevermind a gnome onto a roof.

Dice and things posted:

Don't know if I need to make a roll, or if my presence simply gives Jergo advantage on his athletics/acrobatics check.
Gnome roof-boosting: 1d20 7 let's hope that I grant advantage rather than having to roll. :derp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Jergo Macklen
HP: 7/7 AC: 16 Hero Points: 2/5 HD: 1d6

Nodding with a quick "Thank you kindly" Jergo comes running toward Daimon, cartwheeling and back flipping his way across the yard, his foot delicately lands where Daimon has readied to lift him.

It is a truly beautiful sight, this gnome soaring through the air, but where he landed was up to the whims of fate.

quote:

23 on my acrobatics check to jump into the air off of Daimon and vault on to the roof, and a hero point to add another 4 because why the hell not!? So 27 acrobatics. :vince: (23 Athletics total if you'd prefer that I guess :v:)

I had to use 20/25 movement to get to the meeting point but I'm hoping the absurd check gets me up to the roof with the remaining 5 haha.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jul 6, 2015

• Locked thread