Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
i think its wrong that people die like dogs for no good reason
i literally dont care, lmao
View Results

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

ArbitraryC posted:

I always laugh at people who are all like "it's about equal opportunity not equal outcome'. I mean wouldn't equal outcome naturally come from equal opportunity unless you think that some groups are better/worse than other groups? If you truly believe in equal opportunity and also don't think minorities are inferior beings then logically it must follow that lack of equal outcome correlates to lack of equal opportunity.

uh sure same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

ArbitraryC posted:

logically it must follow that lack of equal outcome correlates to lack of equal opportunity.

nobody cares about outcomes, only incomes

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Some people are worth more than others. Norman Borlaug at the height of his career was probably worth more than any one individual. A vast majority of humanity can be replaced by someone else.

Anybody who actually feels like they are irreplaceable is just the type of person who needs to be replaced.
uhhh existence precedes essence, nobody is truly replaceable. seriously lol at human être-en-soi. like separate self existence from formal projection of self first of all lmao

sketch66
Aug 14, 2010
Ape shall not kill ape.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

sketch66 posted:

Ape shall not kill ape.

tell that to the apes

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

humanism is bad and stupid and gay hth

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Nah some people are stupid gently caress ups, I'm better than them. Deal

By that extension some people are better than me and good for them.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

ArbitraryC posted:

I always laugh at people who are all like "it's about equal opportunity not equal outcome'. I mean wouldn't equal outcome naturally come from equal opportunity unless you think that some groups are better/worse than other groups? If you truly believe in equal opportunity and also don't think minorities are inferior beings then logically it must follow that lack of equal outcome correlates to lack of equal opportunity.

this guy is probably the one person most deserving of abortion, for instance... however it would stil be murder

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

ArbitraryC posted:

You: haha yeah, lol, for instance how in a race, all of the people finish at the same time.. real world example of equal outcome naturally proceeding from equal opportunity
Me: even though you're dumb as gently caress it would be a crime to kill you

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Yeah if you haven't figured out by now that people who say poo poo like ""it's about equal opportunity not equal outcome" are actually saying "those dumb niggers shouldn't get any help" then maybe it's time for you to go ahead and tear up that Smart Guy Knows Stuff card you made for yourself and have been clinging to like it's the last bus pass out of hell you stupid gently caress

edit hey guys how come when people say "this used to be a nice neighborhood until a certain element showed up" they never really seem to be talking about a certain element but instead a more general one??????????? Lol I am retarded

Tujague fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jun 30, 2015

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

im gonna get this as a tattoo

well some of it anyway

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Tujague posted:

Yeah if you haven't figured out by now that people who say poo poo like ""it's about equal opportunity not equal outcome" are actually saying "those dumb niggers shouldn't get any help" then maybe it's time for you to go ahead and tear up that Smart Guy Knows Stuff card you made for yourself and have been clinging to like it's the last bus pass out of hell you stupid gently caress

edit hey guys how come when people say "this used to be a nice neighborhood until a certain element showed up" they never really seem to be talking about a certain element but instead a more general one??????????? Lol I am retarded

even though you're dumb as hell, look like a bird, and were held back in school it would be a crime to murder you

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Yeah you should keep saying that fucktarded poo poo over and over until everyone respects your intellect more

it's really good stuff

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
haha, yeah

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
all life is equal until someone says something i disagree with politically

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

gently caress the ROW posted:

You: haha yeah, lol, for instance how in a race, all of the people finish at the same time.. real world example of equal outcome naturally proceeding from equal opportunity
Me: even though you're dumb as gently caress it would be a crime to kill you
A race is actually a really good example, if you had 4 equal contenders and raced them an infinite number of times they'd all average out to a 25% win rate. If instead one ended up winning more often than the others you would conclude that they were better at running.

So in society when one group does consistently better than another group you have only two conclusions:
1. Certain groups are better/worse than other groups.
2. The groups are not competing on an even playing field.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Where are you gonna find the four exactly equal racers? In your drat rear end in a top hat? Still, it would be morally wrong to kill you

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

gently caress the ROW posted:

Where are you gonna find the four exactly equal racers? In your drat rear end in a top hat? Still, it would be morally wrong to kill you
You aren't as there are generally going to be differences between individuals. But when we're talking about large sample sizes like all the white people in the us vs all the black people in the us then when you see inequality of outcome the only non bigoted conclusion is that we must not yet have equal opportunity.

In practical terms if your goal really is equal opportunity then you should use equal outcome as the metric for measuring it.

Blahsmack
Oct 25, 2003

its all equally complicated and unfair for everyone

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW

ArbitraryC posted:

You aren't as there are generally going to be differences between individuals. But when we're talking about large sample sizes like all the white people in the us vs all the black people in the us then when you see inequality of outcome the only non bigoted conclusion is that we must not yet have equal opportunity.

In practical terms if your goal really is equal opportunity then you should use equal outcome as the metric for measuring it.

the only non bigoted conclusion is that we must not yet have equal opportunity. however it is also the wrong conclusion

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

TEAYCHES posted:

this is especially true for young people, and obviously this doesnt apply to people who have committed serious crimes, but i believe every human life regardless of where you are from has value and that this value is universal

so it doesn't apply to people who have committed serious crimes, but it does apply regardless of where you are from even if your name is partinder and you are from rapistan

hmmmm okay

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
mods rneame me to non bigoted conclusion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
good point op

• Locked thread