Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Blasmeister posted:

He did make up for that by having great matches on tv every week between his middling PPV burials

yeah the open challenge has had some rad tv matches i was really just laughing at the "been in better feuds" line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I feel like I'm doing it wrong because:

-I feel like Seth is an INCREDIBLE top heel. Like, he's killing it.
-This Bray feud is making me like Roman more than I have since the top run started. This creepy rear end in a top hat is stalking him and threatening his family and he's a good Dad and he wants to knock heads as a result.
-Dean continues to be great as always, both as Roman's buddy and a continuing foil for The Authority who is over like rover, always fights crazy odds, does wacky/wild poo poo and who the crowd loves.

I guess I'm literally the only one who feels like WWE isn't botching anything with the Shield guys. Brock on the other hand, that's a more reasonable argument.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Malibu Kane happened.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I feel like I'm doing it wrong because:

-I feel like Seth is an INCREDIBLE top heel. Like, he's killing it.
-This Bray feud is making me like Roman more than I have since the top run started. This creepy rear end in a top hat is stalking him and threatening his family and he's a good Dad and he wants to knock heads as a result.
-Dean continues to be great as always, both as Roman's buddy and a continuing foil for The Authority who is over like rover, always fights crazy odds, does wacky/wild poo poo and who the crowd loves.

I guess I'm literally the only one who feels like WWE isn't botching anything with the Shield guys. Brock on the other hand, that's a more reasonable argument.

I'm with you on Bray and am still a huge huge fan but that's not popular to say 'round these here parts.

The problem isn't all those feuds, they're great. Even Brock getting mugged isn't a problem if he comes back the week before Battleground and wrecks everything and everyone Seth holds dear while he flees into the night in terror; that's just a standard monster face build on the go-home.

The issue, as always, is the bullshit filler in between. Can you name a match that happened tonight outside of Cena/Cesaro and the main event? (I'll spot you Paige/Fox, but other than that.) Because I sure as hell can't. There was some nonsense with the Big Show and Mark Henry that ended up in Miz? I have no idea. It's all background noise and takes away from the high points in the show.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Sockser posted:

Malibu Kane happened.

Maui Kane

I really hope next week's RAW just has a quick segment of him laying on a beach, shirtless but in dress pants, sipping some kind of coconut drink and sighing happily

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Maui Kane

I really hope next week's RAW just has a quick segment of him laying on a beach, shirtless but in dress pants, sipping some kind of coconut drink and sighing happily

Raises arms into the air and thrusts them down

Half of Hawaii buried under volcanic eruption

of Chef Boyardee

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

is there a full vid of the cenasaro match?

sigmachiev posted:

John Cena, Most Oustanding Wrestler, 2015.

E: This is sincere, he has had more great matches than anyone and has been in better feuds.

even just based on US wrestlers Roderick strong and aj styles have him beat by a mile and I say this as a big cena fan and a proud American usa #1

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

yeah the open challenge has had some rad tv matches i was really just laughing at the "been in better feuds" line

The Rusev feud was really awesome through mania at least!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

this company's pretty sad, yall

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

$1.99 is a fairer price for that though

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chokes McGee posted:

I'm with you on Bray and am still a huge huge fan but that's not popular to say 'round these here parts.

The problem isn't all those feuds, they're great. Even Brock getting mugged isn't a problem if he comes back the week before Battleground and wrecks everything and everyone Seth holds dear while he flees into the night in terror; that's just a standard monster face build on the go-home.

The issue, as always, is the bullshit filler in between. Can you name a match that happened tonight outside of Cena/Cesaro and the main event? (I'll spot you Paige/Fox, but other than that.) Because I sure as hell can't. There was some nonsense with the Big Show and Mark Henry that ended up in Miz? I have no idea. It's all background noise and takes away from the high points in the show.

Well actually yes, I can. Neville lost to Sheamus and PTP and Lucha Dragons beat New Day and Bo, both in fun (IMO) TV matches. Ryback beat Miz by countout when he ran like a cowardly poo poo. I really, really liked this Raw other than the Lana poo poo and also I'd have liked a little mmore fight from Dean in the ending schmozz (though there are practical reasons why they did it and I think people make way too big of a deal out of Dean losing sometimes; it's not hurting his overness much if at all and everything from the commentary to the heels themselves still sell him as a huge threat).

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

oatgan posted:

$1.99 is a fairer price for that though

They don't even sell them in adult sizes (I checked).

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Fat Lowtax posted:

They don't even sell them in adult sizes (I checked).

Coincidentally, AJ Lee is also not adult sized.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Quick reminder to anyone who got the $25 credit from WWE Network a few months back: it expires at the end of the day 6/30. Get 12 of those AJ Lee hats or something!

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

CubsWoo posted:

Quick reminder to anyone who got the $25 credit from WWE Network a few months back: it expires at the end of the day 6/30. Get 12 of those AJ Lee hats or something!

I got emojis. They will never expire.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Take the loving belt off of Ryback and put it on Cesaro and let him do the drat open challenge every week.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

people can't seem to understand where roman reigns gets his strength, gets his power. every week people are stunned that it takes an army of people to try to keep roman reigns down. but with a quick nod and a grin on his face he slowly but surely gets right back up ready for another beat down or ready to take numbers. it doesn't matter for roman reigns because he will keep getting back up ready for the endearment, ready to go down. people are surprised where he gets this strength? well from me, from you, from the whole entire wwe universe. as we chant out roman! roman! roman! he is gathering power; recharging those batteries, and ready for round 3 or 4. so if you want to know where roman gets his strength, his power, just look around you. arms in the air chanting his name. don't count him out just yet.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Anime Curator posted:

people can't seem to understand where roman reigns gets his strength, gets his power. every week people are stunned that it takes an army of people to try to keep roman reigns down. but with a quick nod and a grin on his face he slowly but surely gets right back up ready for another beat down or ready to take numbers. it doesn't matter for roman reigns because he will keep getting back up ready for the endearment, ready to go down. people are surprised where he gets this strength? well from me, from you, from the whole entire wwe universe. as we chant out roman! roman! roman! he is gathering power; recharging those batteries, and ready for round 3 or 4. so if you want to know where roman gets his strength, his power, just look around you. arms in the air chanting his name. don't count him out just yet.

If Roman would go all Finn Balor and come out to big matches with completely golden blonde hair that has been gelled up into spikes I would take back everything I've ever said about him.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Chokes McGee posted:

This is actually a good microcosm of why, even as an unabashed fan of Bray Wyatt, I really don't loving care about him anymore. I think he's a great talent with a ton of promise and he could have been a credible main event standby, but his week-by-week has always been loving pointless and the only things that aren't pointless are him losing all the loving time/winning by way of exploding appliances and demon children. I consequently don't care about his feud with Roman, because nothing at all that has happened with him gives me any reason to believe Roman won't just murder him and move on with his life.

If Wyatt were killing people on a weekly basis or had looked somehow credible elsewise leading up to this I'd be into it, but as it is with giant swaths of the program they've just been doing the same thing over and over for so long that it's just white noise now.

also Cesaro/Cena was great and please do something/anything good with Cesaro for the love of god.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I'm still kind of amazed they gave Bray the visible push at the Rumble, having him dump out like ten guys, having him continue his streak of mugging Daniel Bryan and then laughing at him, then...uh, it was all to feed him to Undertaker. Okay.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chokes McGee posted:

Well the King of the Ring, MITB holder and IC champ all won on the same night

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

DeathChicken posted:

I'm still kind of amazed they gave Bray the visible push at the Rumble, having him dump out like ten guys, having him continue his streak of mugging Daniel Bryan and then laughing at him, then...uh, it was all to feed him to Undertaker. Okay.

yes generally you build guys up for a big match even if they are going to lose that match

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

DeathChicken posted:

I'm really really certain this was a last minute decision from the higher ups.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Let's not pretend that anything Bray did in the Rumble mattered even that night.

He beat up a bunch of jobbers and then got dumped like a sack of flour after getting decisively destroyed by The Big Show.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Everybody relevant in the Rumble got dumped like a sack of flour by the Big Show.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Spermgod posted:

yes generally you build guys up for a big match even if they are going to lose that match

Especially when he has to do the entire build himself

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

A lot of good cameos in this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc7EzGNUMSE

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Kofi smartly credits Lil B for the cookin dance, fearing the based gods curse

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

Kofi smartly credits Lil B for the cookin dance, fearing the based gods curse

seems unnecessary in a worked industry, but the based god works in mysterious ways

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sandow acting like, I presume, Sandow is so jarring.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I like what they're doing with Bray. Everything else he's done this year (or really, since Cena) has been really inconsequential, but they're using him in a good way this past month. It's the kind of material they need to give a character like that - some kind of character-specific reason to hate his opponent (Anyone But You), and something that gives him a psychological advantage (stalking him and creeping on his family).

If they're not going to give the cult leader an actual cult anymore, at least they're making him threatening to his target instead of just vaguely ominous.

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

Everybody relevant in the Rumble got dumped like a sack of flour by the Big Show.

Six months later and my mind is still loving blown that they managed to book an entire Royal Rumble where everybody came out of it less over than they were before.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
is it just me or did anyone else notice that jack swagger looked like poo poo/like he wanted to be anywhere else in the world

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
He's been jobbing on Superstars for like 8 months, so I don't blame him.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Poor guy.

yes, that is a gif

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Is CENA the first person to kick out of the neutraliser?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Frankston posted:

To be fair Cena could probably kick out of the crucifixion

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Frankston posted:

I think so. It's been super protected.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

even just based on US wrestlers Roderick strong and aj styles have him beat by a mile and I say this as a big cena fan and a proud American usa #1

Strong? Really? I always thought people saw him as boring and bland. Is he still in ROH?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Miz v Ryback was good. Legit excited for Miz v Ryback v Big Show at Battleground :unsmigghh:

• Locked thread