Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
and one came home with like a mangled leg and i knew she was a gonner so i just kind of ignored her and im p sure she died

im still going to let my other cat be an outdoor cat because thats what cats do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smokey
Feb 8, 2008
how do we know you're not just being ironic?

HENGRY BUNG
Jan 15, 2015

that's terrible and I hope u get a mangled leg

HENGRY BUNG
Jan 15, 2015

just kidding haha gently caress cats

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
indoor cats are loving stupid

like why the gently caress even get a cat if all you're going to do is torture it inside

no mice, no birds no nothing

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
if u have an indoors cat i will destroy u

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Yep, cats should go outside. They're programed for adventure and creating mayhem, indoor cats depress the hell out of me.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i have over 30 thousand cats and theyre all outdoor cats

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
10 out of 11 of my outdoor cats died to foxes, disease, cars and psychopathic children

at least they caught some rats and banged each other

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
cats need fresh air

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

That must have been a big cat if it carried an entire leg back home for you.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
i have a screened in deck that my cat spends hours in just hangin out and laying in the sun and when moths and poo poo come in there he flips out and murders them and eats them he seems like probably the happiest cat

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Smokey posted:

how do we know you're not just being ironic?

my thoughts are that cats are meant to be outside and i couldnt give a gently caress if they die young because thats what they want to do

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
its all cats with you people

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I just feed a local stay who comes to the garden every day or so and hes pretty chill.

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp
cats are kind of like spiders

you dont want them around but you ignore them because they get rid of pests

Smokey
Feb 8, 2008

Do it ironically posted:

my thoughts are that cats are meant to be outside and i couldnt give a gently caress if they die young because thats what they want to do

you're a real sick nut, aren't you? you're god drat crazy

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
whats the loving point of a cat its like having a stranger in your life who just pops in now and again to scratch your face eat your food and poo poo on your floor and then he leaves why not just befriend a loving hobo or something

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I agree. Who am I to tell my cat how to live its life?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Shirley Crabtree posted:

whats the loving point of a cat its like having a stranger in your life who just pops in now and again to scratch your face eat your food and poo poo on your floor and then he leaves why not just befriend a loving hobo or something
the secret hobo knives

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

i have an outdoor coyote, he's pretty cool, got rid of a lot of annoying pests in my neighborhood

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

NotWearingPants posted:

I agree. Who am I to tell my cat how to live its life?

I agree with this. Cats are not meant to be cooped up indoors. Part of the risk of having a cat is that it's life will be shortened by the perils of the outside world. Sure, an indoor cat might live longer, but it is also not a happy cat.

Don't get a cat and keep it inside.

Also, if you hang out with your cat outside, you are doing it the right way.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if indoor cats depress you because you have a tiny lovely apartment don't get a cat problem solved

it's irresponsible as gently caress to buy an animal and agree to take care of it then let it outside to get eaten by an owl or hit by a car.

Waltzing Along posted:

I agree with this. Cats are not meant to be cooped up indoors. Part of the risk of having a cat is that it's life will be shortened by the perils of the outside world. Sure, an indoor cat might live longer, but it is also not a happy cat.

so take it out on walks then. except cat owners are lazy shitbags about their pets usually I guess.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
just get a not-cat

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Moridin920 posted:

I am an idiot

Yes. I agree.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

it's irresponsible as gently caress to buy an animal and agree to take care of it then let it outside to get eaten by an owl or hit by a car.

My cat would gently caress up an owl and it's already been hit by a car so now it knows to avoid them.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
whatever if you think responsible pet ownership is letting your cat out unsupervised 22 hours of the day then go for it retards

people like you are why indigenous nature gets destroyed everywhere humans go.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
you dont own a cat you sponsor a cat

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Mods, please limit moridin920 to posting in PI only until he realizes he drank the wrong cool-aid.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Waltzing Along posted:

Mods, please limit moridin920 to posting in PI only until he realizes he drank the wrong cool-aid.

look at your rap sheet then look at mine and tell me who is the bigger shitlord here

quote:

Find a way to San Francisco.

You will always have food.
You will always have shelter.
You will get all sorts of training and assistance and free healthcare and poo poo.
And you will be treated better than the middle class.

gently caress San Francisco and its homeless poo poo.

lol

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004
yr all having fun or whatever but outdoor cats are poo poo and they are causing the extinction of wild birds and they already did cause the extinction of star nosed moles and fuckin small mammals didn't co-evolve with cats so they don't stand any chance against cats.

and outdoor cats only eat 1/4 of what they kill and their lives are shortened and idk if anyone can specifically say "an indoor cat is an unhappy cat" because i have two lovely indoor cats and they love life!!!!!!

outdoor cat owners never listen to any of this, so i ain't gonna expect any changes here!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
you aint never lived near a bodega

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RaceFat posted:

yr all having fun or whatever but outdoor cats are poo poo and they are causing the extinction of wild birds and they already did cause the extinction of star nosed moles and fuckin small mammals didn't co-evolve with cats so they don't stand any chance against cats.

and outdoor cats only eat 1/4 of what they kill and their lives are shortened and idk if anyone can specifically say "an indoor cat is an unhappy cat" because i have two lovely indoor cats and they love life!!!!!!

outdoor cat owners never listen to any of this, so i ain't gonna expect any changes here!

no you don't understand i want a pet without any of the responsibility

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

no you don't understand i want a pet without any of the responsibility

Exactly. If I wanted responsibility I would have bought a dog.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Every neighbor of mine who let their cat be outdoor cat is only feeding the coyotes and mountain lions in the area. You never see any cats wandering outside in my town.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

letting an animal go outside of a house is hosed Up

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
If moridin920 was my pet, I would chop off his nuts, chop off his fingertips, then keep him shut in the house all day and force him to poo in a box.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

I don't like it when people let their cats outside because they poop in my garden and leave mangled bird and rodent corpses all over the yard. I had a flying squirrel living in one of my birdhouses this year which was awesome, but no, some loving cat had to get involved and bite its head off and then get bored and just leave it there.

Also they make extremely loud gross noises when they have cat sex at 3 am.

CATS :argh:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

just culling nuisance species in the neighborhood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Waltzing Along posted:

If moridin920 was my pet, I would chop off his nuts, chop off his fingertips, then keep him shut in the house all day and force him to poo in a box.

Cats like to poo in a box. My cat will sometimes come inside just to poo then go outside again.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jun 30, 2015

• Locked thread