Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

I work remote for a company in CA, and my company currently rents me and another colleague based in the same city an office in a coworking space. They negotiated the lease and whatever else, I was pretty much hands-off on that.

I am leaving that job for another company. I was looking at a different coworking space closer to home, where I'd basically just pay out of pocket to rent a desk and not involve my new company in trying to reimburse.

The space agreement has a clause which requires a $1M/$2M general liability insurance policy. They also require that the policy lists as additional insureds this giant list of two dozen additional business entities that basically represent the space themselves, their landlord, their landlord's debt holders, etc. I was looking at trying to get such a policy and it seems like every online quote basically wants to work it as though your an incorporated business holder, because otherwise what kind of individual buys a policy like this.

Are there any insurance carriers that would write such a policy for an individual or is that basically not a thing? Is my usual insurance agent able to handle something like that?

I don't want business errors & omissions coverage, or all that extra stuff that every online quote site tried to sell me on. I just want to meet the requirement that I have liability coverage in case my MacBook charger starts a fire or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droo
Jun 25, 2003

You just need some general liability insurance for contractors, like this: https://www.progressivecommercial.com/insurance/general-liability-insurance/

Any commercial insurance agent probably works with policies like this daily. I imagine it's completely separate from your personal insurance policies and might need a separate agent.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

My go-to agency does personal and commercial lines so I'll see what they have to say. Thanks.

• Locked thread