Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I knew Kanye was gay when he dissed Beck. The bad kind of gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Moon Atari posted:

^^^^^ nice try but there are no new posters.

I have a theory that kanye is a closeted gay. Let's review the evidence.

- rarely if ever rumored to be involved with someone or even seen with a model on his arm.
- when he finally got involved it is with the woman most likely to agree to a sham marriage.
- bizarre obsession with the world of high fashion.
- general aura of unexplained insecurity behind his narcissism.
- seems to be in a more emotionally supportive friendship with Beyoncé than jay-z, to a hysterical 'protective bff' degree.
- weirdly intense respect for drake.
- beautiful dark twisted fantasy has a theme of sexual temptation used as metaphor for sin in general, but maybe also more literally.

It would be cool if he came out but his religious conviction probably prevents him. If he came out then people could accuse his haters of being homophobes as well as racists.

Well we all know drake be that type

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

he said funny thing about george bush that one time

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
No op, black ppl don't like white rappers

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

drake has appeared in multiple female artist's videos where he is objectified in a manner usually reserved for women. this is p funny and also a positive step towards equality.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

hes ahead of his time (sometimes years out) so the powers that be wont let him get his ideas out

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
literally every album kayne has made that isnt 808's and heartbreaks is a classic and i dont know if the bad opinions on him are serious or not nor if any of you have listened to him

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I don't know whether the people who say that just don't listen to much rap or if they just value drastically different things in their rap than what I look for.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
beats? yeah he got the fly beats.

but jesus christ when he opens his mouth his lyrics are the worst.

I actually use him as a case study when describing other musicians who make great music but then their lyrics are garbage.

Like they are literally loving painful, it's so bad. Try listening to some other rap maybe? He was manageable at first when he was just making beats for jay and his first couple solo albums but even then the writing was on the wall!

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
His delivery sounds like a kid with down syndrome who somehow doesn't realize how retarded he is and instead thinks he's hot poo poo because the other kids on the playground kept telling him he's cool in an effort to get him to make an even bigger fool of himself.

This is pretty much how he sounds all the time actually.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

^^^^ this literally describes Lil B

See the problem is it is unclear how much he actually contributes to said beats. Mike Levy (gesaffelstein) worked on some of his recent album and his comments suggested that kanye was basically just like "send me a few dozen tracks" and then he picked out the best few. He has the money to do this with enough good producers that it is possible he has little involvement beyond curating it like a playlist, and the massive amount of featured contributors suggests this might be the case.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
expect when kayne was on def jam poetry before he blew up how can you honestly be hating on yeezy gbs is hosed

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanye_West_production_discography

"get by" and the tracks he cut for jay were fuckin awesome

again, the main problem is when he opens his mouth and turds spill outwards

though I'm sure at this point he gets a lot of help on his beats. I mean he straight ripped aphex twin off recently, it's the same goddamned song.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Before he blew up he relied much more heavily on closely sampling an existing song, which he has been progressively phasing out as he has become more successful. But yeah I can agree he is probably a good producer when he can still be bothered to diy it. My real beef is that lyrically he fails to ever go beyond bragging. On yeezus he tries to comment on modern black identity but fails to go beyond a literal "my skin is black" before falling back on the same tired old boasts, which is embarrassing when soon after kendrick, an artist at a much earlier stage in his career, would release to pimp a butterfly - an album that really nails a discussion of modern identity backed with beats that cover the history of black music. Similarly he has described Bound 2 as a sincere love song for kim, but the lyrics are nothing but bragging. Sure that is a big part of rap but you've got to have something more to say and kanye seems too self-absorbed to write something that touches on anything beyond his own very specific individual experience. All of this is irrelevant though because music is only his side gig and his real profession is being the modern day version of a clown, which he is exceptionally talented at.

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

https://youtu.be/zIUzLpO1kxI

1:32

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
same question, but kendrick lamar. only people i've seen wanting to suck his dick are mostly upper-class white girls in college/post-grad because he talks about "real ghetto life" or some poo poo?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
white people love kendrick lamar

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

fits my needs posted:

same question, but kendrick lamar. only people i've seen wanting to suck his dick are mostly upper-class white girls in college/post-grad because he talks about "real ghetto life" or some poo poo?

Real talk: Kendrick had like one good song and then everyone got on the bandwagon and now they're too ashamed to jump off even though it's painfully clear he's really, really bad.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
i could have sworn some of kendrick lamar's first stuff was like some spoken poetry crap

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Yeah I guess we are definitely just looking for different things in our rap music. I know people have a strong semireligious devotion to kanye so I should be careful not to offend, but for the record I consider this the rap equivalent of loving nickelback and dismissing bands like the white stripes, black keys and qotsa as one hit wonders.

Foid One
Mar 2, 2015

by Ralp
danny brown ftw

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Foid One posted:

danny brown ftw

Agreedo. Last time I saw him his dj's laptop kept spitting out error noises and he still managed to loving kill it.

lite frisk
Oct 5, 2013

Moon Atari posted:

^^^^^ nice try but there are no new posters.

I have a theory that kanye is a closeted gay. Let's review the evidence.

- rarely if ever rumored to be involved with someone or even seen with a model on his arm.
- when he finally got involved it is with the woman most likely to agree to a sham marriage.
- bizarre obsession with the world of high fashion.
- general aura of unexplained insecurity behind his narcissism.
- seems to be in a more emotionally supportive friendship with Beyoncé than jay-z, to a hysterical 'protective bff' degree.
- weirdly intense respect for drake.
- beautiful dark twisted fantasy has a theme of sexual temptation used as metaphor for sin in general, but maybe also more literally.

It would be cool if he came out but his religious conviction probably prevents him. If he came out then people could accuse his haters of being homophobes as well as racists.

that's gay?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Yeah from what I've heard of Kendrick lamars songs he isn't even real rapping but doing some sort of gay beat poetry poo poo or something

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

i was reloading posted:

where could you have possibly heard that?

What is up w dis n*ggas regdate

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

drjuggalo posted:

literally every album kayne has made that isnt 808's and heartbreaks is a classic and i dont know if the bad opinions on him are serious or not nor if any of you have listened to him

Yeezus was dogshit.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

What is up w dis n*ggas regdate

Yeah??!

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
i think most black americans are kinda indifferent about kenya dude

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

But what's a man to do with all that powah?

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

Especially when there are flashing lights.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Foid One posted:

danny brown ftw

Hell yeah

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Shirley Crabtree posted:

ummm... op you do realise that black people have their own different opinions right and are not some kind of collective hive mind? im pretty sure that just as some white people like or dislike kanye the same is true with all races check your privilege a little please.

pretty sure they all get their thinking orders from clearchannel hiphop stations and BET

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Interesting trivia: kanye's All of the Lights is one of two songs featuring rihanna in which a man casually raps about commiting domestic abuse. The other is eminem's Love the Way You Lie.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Black high school and college students who think they speak for their entire race love him. The rest are either "eh" to "gently caress that guy"

i was reloading
Aug 15, 2015

by zen death robot

Fish Cant Hold Gun posted:

welcome to my very first post!

Thanks for reading it!!

welcome!!!!!

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

what's with your reg date?

i was reloading
Aug 15, 2015

by zen death robot

Moon Atari posted:

Before he blew up he relied much more heavily on closely sampling an existing song, which he has been progressively phasing out as he has become more successful. But yeah I can agree he is probably a good producer when he can still be bothered to diy it. My real beef is that lyrically he fails to ever go beyond bragging. On yeezus he tries to comment on modern black identity but fails to go beyond a literal "my skin is black" before falling back on the same tired old boasts, which is embarrassing when soon after kendrick, an artist at a much earlier stage in his career, would release to pimp a butterfly - an album that really nails a discussion of modern identity backed with beats that cover the history of black music. Similarly he has described Bound 2 as a sincere love song for kim, but the lyrics are nothing but bragging. Sure that is a big part of rap but you've got to have something more to say and kanye seems too self-absorbed to write something that touches on anything beyond his own very specific individual experience. All of this is irrelevant though because music is only his side gig and his real profession is being the modern day version of a clown, which he is exceptionally talented at.

I am a kanye fan and this was hilarious

i was reloading
Aug 15, 2015

by zen death robot

Gaunab posted:

what's with your reg date?

I'm from the future

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
kanye west is a born rich white manlet that does not write any of his own stuff except maybe some of the terrible lyrics

if you enjoy kanye west then you are an easily led fool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Moon Atari posted:

Interesting trivia: kanye's All of the Lights is one of two songs featuring rihanna in which a man casually raps about commiting domestic abuse. The other is eminem's Love the Way You Lie.

Yeah, but Rihanna is clearly into that poo poo so...

• Locked thread