Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

good or bad?

ha ha who are we kidding it's the best movie ever made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
die hard: dead IP

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
you're right op
Sears makes a drat good car battery

Burns
May 10, 2008

Best die hard. But starts trend of annoying sidekicks.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
john mcclane gets really involved w/ the bug chasing community

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

if I was a female wrestler I would name myself Zangqueef

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxoGIo9vQ5Q

Aug 4, 2010

its not the best die hard but I still like it.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
the first die hard is the best thing about christmas

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Die Hard > Die Hard 3 > Die Hard 2 > Live Free or Die Hard >>>>>>>> A good day to Die Hard

hth.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

KennyLoggins posted:

Die Hard > Die Hard 3 > Die Hard 2 > Live Free or Die Hard >>>>>>>> A good day to Die Hard

hth.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Die Hard 3 was good. 2 was bad. 1 was perfect. Don't know why they made the rest.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

KennyLoggins posted:

hth.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004

2 had its moments and is way better then the latter 2 films.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

KennyLoggins posted:

hth.

Not enough >>>>>>>>>.

To be fair it's impossible to put enough. Live Free felt fun in spite of itself, where the last one was just pure and utter horseshit for every single frame.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
2 is like if your dad had five minutes to write the plot of die hard on a cocktail napkin

that said it's still pretty watchable if you ignore how loving dumb it is compared to the first one

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

pretty soft girl posted:

2 is like if your dad had five minutes to write the plot of die hard on a cocktail napkin

that said it's still pretty watchable if you ignore how loving dumb it is compared to the first one

Watch the edited version, it's far more hilarious
https://youtu.be/DuQP4d_r_Gs?t=1m26s

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jun 30, 2015

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Yippie Ki Yay Mr Falcon.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

Blazing Ownager posted:

Not enough >>>>>>>>>.

To be fair it's impossible to put enough. Live Free felt fun in spite of itself, where the last one was just pure and utter horseshit for every single frame.

The fifth installment is always the worst installment of a series and I suspect any series that survives a part 5 can go on to live an eternal lifetime of quiet forgettable mediocrity

Rocky
Die Hard
Death Wish
Friday the 13th (I disagree with this because I think it's a way funnier movie than the rest but mouthbreathing Jason fans hate it)
Star Wars Attack of the Clones

I know there are others where part 5 is a huge nosedive in quality but I can't think of them off the top of my head, Die Hard 5 is maybe the worst part 5 I've ever seen in my life though

I really hope they ever finish making Rambo 5 because it'll be hilariously bad and I suspect the new terminator will follow suit

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

Blazing Ownager posted:

Watch the edited version, it's far more hilarious
https://youtu.be/DuQP4d_r_Gs?t=1m26s

lmaoooo I knew dubbed for network TV movies were always considered notoriously bad but this is far worse than any parody of it ever made it out to be

did they get someone new to dub him every single time he had a line of dialog jesus chris hahahah

pretty soft girl fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 30, 2015

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

if i was a female sumo i'd call myself she-honda

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Parallax Scroll posted:

nice

MajorB
Jul 3, 2007
Another stupid '07er
i wonder how many idiots were utterly confused by the water jug puzzle scene. it must have been really lovely not being able to covertly google the explanation because neither google nor smartphones existed

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

2 was worse than 4

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Wall Balls posted:

2 was worse than 4
your wrong.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i like dthe part when they threw the grenades in the cockpit and they took like 20 seconds to explode meanwhile john mcclane gingerly straps himself into an ejection seat

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

The original ending was better than what we actually got.

Somebody got a bug up their rear end about this ending so they had to spend a bunch of money making a new one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-GqY-M5fE4

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

Parallax Scroll posted:

Galrog

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Dollsim

She-Cock

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

die hard 3 is a terrific movie

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

I think the only reason I rate 2 higher than 4 is it was more memorable to me, I can't remember anything about 4 other than it being mediocre but maybe I need to watch the R rated cut, I haven't seen it since it was in theaters. really though die hard is a bit like the james bond movies in that they're generally as good as their antagonists are and if they fail to be memorable that's a big problem

1 - Hans Gruber is a top ten ranking antagonist out of any movie ever made, easily, plus Karl, the nerdy hacker guy, the American at the front desk, and pretty much the entirety of the FBI if you count them. even throwaway bad guys like Al Leong's character or Karl's brother manage to be really memorable
2 - That Cuban dictator is kinda forgettable and I'm having a hard time remembering what the other bad guy's motive even was. The defecting military guy ("I'm your kind of rear end in a top hat") was pretty good, Dennis Franz was memorable
3 - Jeremy Irons is pretty great and charming as a Gruber
4 - some nerdy hacker guy and I think there was a chinese kung fu lady too
5 - ????????????????

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

FIRST TIME posted:

The original ending was better than what we actually got.

Somebody got a bug up their rear end about this ending so they had to spend a bunch of money making a new one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-GqY-M5fE4

also yes the series should have either ended here or continued on with john mcclane as a disgraced ex-cop. maybe have him end up as some fuckin' sad sack rent-a-cop working security who has to foil a terrorist plot at an amusement park or something, like in three ninjas high noon at mega mountain aka. die hard 2 for kids

couldn't be any worse than sending him to russia (???) in 2013 instead of back in the 80s when it might've been relevant (?????????)

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

I'm all for free speech, but there has to be a line somewhere.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Bruce Willis is really phoning it in lately

Remember when he was cool? We don't have action stars like him any more. Now we have...uhh...Chris Pratt? I guess? The avengers people? And uhh

I don't even recall any serious good action movies from the last 5 years that weren't comic book related

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

Verisimilidude posted:

I don't even recall any serious good action movies from the last 5 years that weren't comic book related

john wick loving owned

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

KennyLoggins posted:

interesting

Rocky > Rocky 3 > Rocky 2 > Rocky 4 >>>>>>>> Rocky 5 and yeah it ended there

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

SHARTING BEAR posted:

interesting

Rocky > Rocky 3 > Rocky 2 > Rocky 4 >>>>>>>> Rocky 5 and yeah it ended there

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQtK3fJN7as

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Verisimilidude posted:

fury
jack reacher
edge of tomorrow?
the liam neesons in non-stop
the new mad max movie

but yes theres not many

Happy Bear Suit fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jul 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

KennyLoggins posted:

2 had its moments and is way better then the latter 2 films.

2 is loving poo poo, and 4 is much better than it.

• Locked thread