Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

satanic splash-back posted:

I am trying to imagine a situation in which it is socially acceptable for you to know this, and repeat it in such detail.

I can not think of one.

I was wrong about what was said. I also remember a lot of stupid, useless poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Slapdash posted:

Paper AND Plastic????

Lol good luck figuring out how to use plastic China.

lol

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

extra stout posted:

heh say what u will about my bitcoin investment but this mox diamond is tangible, idiot!!

:f5:

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Still only on page 5, but these card matches literally have color commenting? Is it broadcasted somewhere or just a closed circuit channel... Or I guess something that is somehow worse?

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

me chinee
me play joke
sell fake nerd card
give nerd stroke!!!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I am really disappointed that the die hard magic wannabe pros in the TG magic thread haven't posted here yet.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

NecroMonster posted:

yeah it might actually be a bad game it turns out

best designed bad game ever

:agreed:

Told Two Times
Feb 13, 2014

by Smythe
I played Pokémon cards in like the 5th grade. I had the sense to grow out of it. What the gently caress is wrong with you people?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
The Chinese will never be able to replicate All America rear end Crack

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I remember making fun of pokemon and magic cards kids back when I was like 12. I wonder what they've become, I know one of them electrocutes cows for a living

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

swims posted:

Still only on page 5, but these card matches literally have color commenting? Is it broadcasted somewhere or just a closed circuit channel... Or I guess something that is somehow worse?

They broadcast "feature matches" on a twitch.tv channel. You get to watch nerds get deflated in real time as their opponent draws the one card they needed to turn the game around.

http://www.twitch.tv/scglive/b/405522193?t=12h27m55s

You don't even need the sound on. Just watch the dude on the left for a few minutes, and the greasy, fat gently caress of a judge laughing right next to him.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The constant nervous shuffling is the best part.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

basement jihadist posted:

me chinee
me play joke
sell fake nerd card
give nerd stroke!!!

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
I kinda want a set of fakes for kitchen table gaming. Getting to play with all the big power cards without having to worry about damaging them would be great.

Told Two Times
Feb 13, 2014

by Smythe

pointlessone posted:

I kinda want a set of fakes for kitchen table gaming. Getting to play with all the big power cards without having to worry about damaging them would be great.

NERD

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

pointlessone posted:

You know you can make your own with card stock and a ballpoint pen, right? The magic police isn't going to break down your door and arrest you.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

HerStuddMuffin posted:

You know you can make your own with card stock and a ballpoint pen, right? The magic police isn't going to break down your door and arrest you.

I like the art :shobon:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Moridin920 posted:

lol at people hoarding their magic cards like some sort of rainy day fund when in 20 years they'll probably be worthless as gently caress

i have a buddy that got me into mtg and he was pretty, well, not serious, but he could easily go on the pro tour

he got sick of mtg and sold everything but his several boxes of pretty rare expensive cards (like full sets of dual lands) and put them in a safety deposit box for a few years
then he got a one in a million opportunity to trade them all for one single card, a super rare misprint that was worth a bit more than that

so yeah he has one magic card in a sleeve in a box in a safe deposit box in a bank and its worth like tens of thousands or some poo poo. or it was last time i talked to him a few years ago. i cant see it collapsing any time soon, rich nerds are INSANE for misprints

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

pointlessone posted:

You can get 360 proxies printed on card stock at any print shop for about $20-40. Just sleeve them with a real card and have fun.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

Batterypowered7 posted:

You can get 360 proxies printed on card stock at any print shop for about $20-40. Just sleeve them with a real card and have fun.

I never thought about doing it that way. I figured print shops would get antsy about printing them because of copyrights. Going to have a great nerd time without worrying about destroying thousands of dollars with of cards by having beer spilled on them.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

so yeah he has one magic card in a sleeve in a box in a safe deposit box in a bank and its worth like tens of thousands or some poo poo. or it was last time i talked to him a few years ago. i cant see it collapsing any time soon, rich nerds are INSANE for misprints

You know what else he could do? Have tens of thousands of dollars in his bank account instead of a defective card in a vault.

And people always read about the tulip mania and wonder how people could have been so dumb

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

quakster posted:

scan & share your fave magic cards itt:

won a lot of turnamentsd over the ywears

aint nobody gonna tap that

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012
i've seen a lot of fake pokemon cards, and they were always super obvious, i'm sure the magic fakes are too.

magic is a cool game, but it's too drat expensive and the amount someone can spend on cards matters too much. if they just released every set for like $30 and everyone had x4 of everything, it'd be really cool.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

pointlessone posted:

I never thought about doing it that way. I figured print shops would get antsy about printing them because of copyrights. Going to have a great nerd time without worrying about destroying thousands of dollars with of cards by having beer spilled on them.

It depends on the copy shop. Somewhere corporate like Walmart will tell you to get hosed. But if you can find a "joes copy shop" near a university they will print whatever you ask for. Small time copy shops "respect" copyright in the same way that ethnic convenience stores "respect" underage tobacco laws.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

NecroMonster posted:

they use special card stock with thin layers of plastic embedded in it and extremely high quality inks, it's both anti-counterfitting and simply necessary for the quality of the cards

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

If there are fake magic cards are there also cheap knock-off versions of the game?

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Benny Harvey posted:

If there are fake magic cards are there also cheap knock-off versions of the game?
every ccg game is a magic knock-off. none of them are cheap, afaik

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
a lot of them are better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Benny Harvey posted:

find friends who have made their own custom cubes and just draft them, congrats you figured out the cheat code to play top tier fun magic for free

• Locked thread