Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

I said come in! posted:

I did some Google searching and apparently these can only be bought in a set of 54,000 cards for $800. What would be cool is if you could buy a whole set like you normally would from Wizards of the Coast but for a fraction of the cost because who gives a poo poo if the cards are fake or not.

yeah if i could just buy an entire set for like a 100 bucks this game might be worth playing again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

NecroMonster posted:

naw it's actually not

it's like poker with less room to bluff (and poker already has a heck of a lot less room to bluff than people like to think it does)

i havent played in years but thats just a dumb thing to say. heartstone is way simpler than magic and that game still has tons of strategic depth

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

though i always liked limited more than constructed cuz of the prevalence of a few decks

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

huskarl_marx posted:

you wouldnt' understand if you joined the game during the periods where they were actively creating novels to go along with the game

it was better when it was a limited view of events gleaned through vague flavor text

:goonsay:

i liked the ones that had cool art and like a shakespeare quote or something fancy like that

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i had a pretty good thing going as a kid cuz my lil bro was a trading savant and no one ever expected to get embezzled by a 10 year old. for a while we get a set of any card we wanted and play whatever decks we wanted. then he started losing interest and we didnt replace our stock before the new edition and this was 10th were a lot of staples were removed so all our cards lost most of their value

• Locked thread