Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

CannonFodder posted:

Saw a car decorated for July 4th with red white and blue letters saying "Back 2 back World War champs"

It was a BMW.

Are you sure it didn't say "chumps"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

T1g4h posted:

Nah, I haven't actually seen it in years :v:

That being said, it still just kinda strikes me as overdoing things at this point.

Afaik they haven't said why, but getting mad over a 40 year old TV show losing its 1 hour/day programming on a niche cable station that maybe has a few thousand viewers is ridiculous.

It's kind of like how sales of the CSA flag were up 3600% when amazon said it was stopping the sales: the initial action might be dumb or weird, but the spite response is beyond comprehension.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Gorson posted:

To be fair, BMWs are made in South Carolina.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Phone posted:

Afaik they haven't said why, but getting mad over a 40 year old TV show losing its 1 hour/day programming on a niche cable station that maybe has a few thousand viewers is ridiculous.

It's kind of like how sales of the CSA flag were up 3600% when amazon said it was stopping the sales: the initial action might be dumb or weird, but the spite response is beyond comprehension.

At least the flag makers are profiting from all of this? :v:

I wouldn't say i'm mad about it, to be honest. Like I said, I haven't even watched the show in years. I'm confused more than anything because like I said, it seems like they're really going overboard by just straight up pulling the show from TV. It's a really weird situation overall.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

They should have pulled Dukes of Hazzard for being unwatchable poo poo long ago. It's not even worth hate viewing. .

You take that back. Watching the Duke boys powerslide and jump a Dodge Charger is quality entertainment at its finest :colbert:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

T1g4h posted:

I'm just annoyed this whole thing has resulted in TV Land pulling reruns of Dukes of Hazzard, frankly :colbert:

They should have pulled Dukes of Hazzard for being unwatchable poo poo long ago. It's not even worth hate viewing. .

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Man I've been watching some of the Month of Zen - Comedy Central is showing all of the Daily Show episodes back-to-back - and all it's doing is making me feel really old. I remember all of this stuff (right now, from the summer of 2001) like it was yesterday.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Phone posted:

To be fair, BMWs are made in South Carolina.

It works both ways since we (in Murica we assume everyone on the internet is ONE OF US) got chumped into joining both wars, while the Krauts got themselves chumped out of them.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

TDOH made me the man I am today *finishes can of Old Milwaukee and crushes it on his forehead. Stares at unpaid alimony bills*.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Yeah man, gently caress car chases where some brightly painted car gets jumped over/through things.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

InitialDave posted:

Yeah man, gently caress car chases where some brightly painted car gets jumped over/through things.

Not gonna lie, slightly disappointed the MFP police car didn't have some sort of cameo in Fury Road.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011

Fucker in charge of you fucking fucks

T1g4h posted:

Nah, I haven't actually seen it in years :v:

That being said, it still just kinda strikes me as overdoing things at this point.

"They banned Birth of a Nation? That strikes me as overdoing it at this point."

We are living in a transition time where all of the old world stuff is no longer considered not just unacceptable, but actually antiquated. It's going to get worse while we march forward to this horrible cyberpunk nightmare that is our future.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Previa_fun posted:

Samsung phones are pretty good.

I've washed my hands of Samsung phones. From a feature standpoint they are very good, but I've had two different models (S4 and Note 3) turn themselves into expensive tablets after the SIM trays on both stopped working out of the blue, and Samsung's warranty process (if you aren't a carrier) is next to non-existent. On each one I couldn't progress through the warranty claim process because there literally wasn't an answer in their drop-down menu for "what troubleshooting steps have you taken?" that it would accept for SIM failure.

I will jump on the Samsung washer/dryer bandwagon. I bought a plain jane HE washer about a year and a half ago, and aside from occasionally getting out of balance with heavier loads like large blankets it hasn't given me any trouble to date.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Gorson posted:

The side windows had stuff like "yaaaay USA"

I'm still kicking myself for not getting a picture.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Lol, it's a stunt car show with goofy characters geared towards kids pretty much. When I was ten years old it was awesome.

Of course as an adult now it's pretty bad, but the nostalgia alone makes it fun to watch. If you're a car guy and scoff at the General Lee something is wrong with you.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I want to be first in line for director and writer when they decide to do a gritty reboot of the Dukes of Hazzard in 2026.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I always love when people write "the south will rise again".

I often reply "been waiting now for the last 150 some years, seems like you need more momentum",

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I have this Dell Latitude E4200 laptop and it has one DDR3 slot. Is there any way to tell if it'd take a 8GB card successfully? I can't find any mention of the model in user reviews or on their forums with respect to RAM upgrades. Is it possible it was sold under a different model line for non group purchases?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Did a manual come with it? Usually the Apple ones say what it takes and how much (though they usually estimate for the RAM available at the time of manufacturer so their max RAM number is often low).

edit:
Memory module capacity 1 GB, 2 GB, and 4 GB
NOTE: 4 GB memory modules may not be available
Memory type DDR3 SODIMM
Minimum memory 1 GB (onboard memory)
Maximum memory 5 GB capable (requires 64-bit Windows Vista operating system)

I have a feeling it will probably address 8GB even though 8GB sticks did not exist at the time. Usually if there is a motherboard restriction it ends up at some weird number (like the first-gen Macbook Pro's 3GB).

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jul 3, 2015

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Did a manual come with it? Usually the Apple ones say what it takes and how much (though they usually estimate for the RAM available at the time of manufacturer so their max RAM number is often low).

edit:
Memory module capacity 1 GB, 2 GB, and 4 GB
NOTE: 4 GB memory modules may not be available
Memory type DDR3 SODIMM
Minimum memory 1 GB (onboard memory)
Maximum memory 5 GB capable (requires 64-bit Windows Vista operating system)

I have a feeling it will probably address 8GB even though 8GB sticks did not exist at the time. Usually if there is a motherboard restriction it ends up at some weird number (like the first-gen Macbook Pro's 3GB).
Well I've looked at the service manual etc, they all say 4GB max but sometimes stuff works anyway...

I didn't realize it had a 1GB chip on the board. I doubt it'd work with 9GB. Oh well.

What form factor is this drive?

It doesn't look like the mSATA when I look at those on Newegg, etc.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

That's msata, you're looking at the bottom, the connections are at the top there. Otherwise just remove it and double check

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
Looks like standard 2.5'' SATA drive without a cover to me. Maybe a slim 2.5'' ?

edit: It even says what it is thing 128gb uSATA MLC

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

e: ^^^^^^ it's not a 2.5" or mSATA drive, it's 1.8", which is an oddball form factor. Got that much just by typing the p/n into Google.

Ugh. Ignored the tire with a nail in it just a bit too long. Started losing air really quickly today. Discount was reluctant to patch it since it was down to 3/32 (at its highest spot), but said they would if I couldn't afford a new tire right then on the spot. That tire has a nasty flat spot on it, so I wanted to replace it anyway. Their initial price was $2 more than what I had on me (my tips from today), so the guy at the counter worked some kind of voodoo magic to get it down a little more. So one new tire today, and I go back sometime next week to get the other front tire replaced (which is equally worn and flatspotted). 2 1/2 hour wait though :stonk: - I was bullshitting with the manager at one point while waiting, and I asked him what time he thought everyone would actually go home. "I brought a sleeping bag with me." drat. I got there a little after 4, and left around 6:30 - 30 minutes after close - and every bay was still full, with a parking lot of cars waiting.

Lightbulb Out posted:

edit: It even says what it is thing 128gb uSATA MLC

uSATA seems to mean 1.8" form factor? I'd never even heard of it until I googled the part #.

CharlesM posted:

Well I've looked at the service manual etc, they all say 4GB max but sometimes stuff works anyway...

I didn't realize it had a 1GB chip on the board. I doubt it'd work with 9GB. Oh well.

What form factor is this drive?

It doesn't look like the mSATA when I look at those on Newegg, etc.

Typing the model # into Google says it's a 1.8" thin uSATA drive (the gently caress is that?). Looks like it's something only Dell, Sony, and IBM used. 64GB and 128GB are the most common ones, they get incredibly expensive once you pass that mark if you can find them. The 128GB ones are dirt cheap on ebay, but anything bigger is going to be pretty expensive. I found some adapters that will let you fit a mSATA drive into a uSATA slot, if that helps - the uSATA drives are obscenely expensive compared to nearly every other type.

Go to crucial.com and either punch in the specs, or use the system analyzer. It'll tell you what RAM they've confirmed will work with it. You'll definitely need a 64 bit OS install to take advantage of anything over 4GB total.

Fo3 posted:

I used to repair samsung whitegoods.
I own a LG washer and dishwasher. I find LG more reliable honestly, and spare parts are insanely cheap compared to other brands when dealing with out of warranty repairs at least too.

That said, it's all much of a muchness, I would buy a samsung fridge if I had the money for a new large side by side one (depending on model - twin cool only) because I know the devils.
What matters most is buy something that has local backup, repairers and spare parts stocking to where-ever you live, or a retailer that will exchange/replace things that fail under warranty .
I'm comfortable with either because I know how they work, and would edge towards LG first unless samsung's price and features were heaps better E: and I knew there was a local repairer that could fix them and have spare parts in a day or so - it's not always the case though.

Samsung and LG both have such a small (but rapidly expanding) footprint in the US whitegoods market that parts generally have to be ordered - often from out of state, sometimes from Korea. Both have a pretty terrible reputation for reliability with their refrigerators. I would imagine they've been in Australia for much longer, particularly with washers/dryers, as front load washers seem to be much more common there.

Darchangel posted:

Huh. Hadn't seen/heard of that one.
Swift meat packing plant near the Stockyards is the one I mentioned, as it's the one (or one of?) they used for Prison Break:
http://rust2.com/?p=612

What's the problem with Chase's online banking? I don't have any problem with them, though I may have low expectations.
I love the ability to deposit checks from my phone, for instance.

I was tired as hell and thought you were referring to Luna Rd for some reason. :downs:

Yeah, Swift is what I was talking about. I've been there plenty of times over the years. This is a set of photos from my last visit, circa 2010.

Chase's online banking was never bad, though honestly it's been so long since I told Chase to go gently caress themselves that I don't really remember what I disliked about their online system. Pretty much every bank/CU these days should offer mobile deposit; I know Texans CU (primarily Collin County) does. I had massive issues with Chase's customer service and draconian fees, since I don't keep enough money in the bank they wanted to charge a monthly fee. I don't like monthly fees for a basic checking account, especially when they're already getting a per-swipe fee for every debit/credit transaction I make (I generally pay with my debit card, makes it easier to keep track of how I'm spending my money). I average at least a few card swipes a day; I know a good chunk goes to middlemen, but they're still getting a decent chunk. My CU gives you free checking if you just sign up for paperless statements.

bennyfactor posted:

If you're a former member then you should still qualify for membership, AFAIK. It looks like their main ATM network membership is allpoint, basically any 7-11 ATM is going to be surcharge free, and several others. Their site just directs you to Allpoint's stock ATM locator, which is kind of garbage (building the backend for ATM/branch locators is one of the things I do for work). It doesn't look like they're a member of a shared branching network, so you'd actually have to go up to Denton if you needed something more than an ATM, but I might just not be seeing the right information. And yeah, a lot of small-to-medium credit unions have ancient-looking online banking, usually sold by the same, or a related, vendor to who makes their core the thing that keeps all the account/transaction balances. But then, if those vendors actually knew how to make good looking, modern, responsive, useful online banking systems I'd be out of a job :smuggo:

DATCU had one of the best online banking systems I've ever used (one I've never seen elsewhere), the only one that was comparable is USAA's. And you're right in that they're not part of shared branching. I think Texans can receive shared branch deposits, but you can't make them from Texans? And Texans is also on Allpoint.

Even if I can't rejoin just because I was a member at one time (I do think you're right on that one though), one of their qualifications is "attend church in Denton County". Once I have a job with direct deposit, I'll probably go ahead and re-open my old account.

Texans is using Digital Insight's online banking platform (which is also used by Legacy Bank, formerly Viewpoint Bank, formerly Community Credit Union). Not sure what their backend is, but I know a lot of the online banking features take you to Intuit-hosted sites, and both Legacy Bank and Texans CU use NCR ATMs (though I'm sure any decent ATM can be setup to communicate with drat near any backend). It'd be nice to be able to manually enter transactions that you know are going to hit (such as an automatic debit, or from swiping your card at the gas pump) like you can with USAA's, I get bit in the rear end now and then when I forgot how much I spent on a fillup.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jul 3, 2015

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Ayyyyyyyyeeee, unlike USB, micro SATA is larger than mini SATA (mSATA). I guess there are adapter boards. I don't know if it's worth it for this thing. Maybe I shouldn't have given away my last working laptop. :D

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

If the SSD is dead, just google the part number and follow the first ebay link. They're all over ebay for <$50.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Took the Murci in because I noticed a leak (and shuddering on braking) of some sort and my AC wasn't working.

So, they checked the entire AC system, took all 4 wheels off to check the suspension, checked the brakes, tracked down the AC problem, fixed it, recharged the freon, took the diff off the car to hunt down the leak, found the leak was from a leaky seal, replaced the seal, and put everything back together. Oh, and fixed a steel bar that literally saved my side skirts after I high centered on a speed bump.

Total bill? $800. Absolutely blown away. Nice to have trustworthy mechanics.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Claims adjuster came out today, the xb has an estimated $3100 in damage, and the 635csi about $2000.
I think the number on the 635csi will go up once it goes to a shop. It's hard to see anything on the paint because he came at noon, the sun was super bright, and the sky completely clear.

Now I have to go and find a competent shop. The adjuster recommended a dealer here in town and was fairly knowledgeable about PDR since he apparently used to work at a body shop.

I'm going to try and put this out of my mind for the next three days as I'm going to go visit family and hang out with some friends! Forecast in Flagstaff calls for 75° weather, can't wait!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

What year is the xB? Might be a write-off, but worth buying back if the glass damage is minimal.

The last adjuster I worked with owned a few body shops before he got into claims, and seemed to know his stuff pretty well. Especially when it came to how well 3rd party vs OEM parts fit, and specced OEM for a few parts that he knew would be a PITA to make look right.

Also gave me some good advice. "The insurance company doesn't care if you fix it or not, as long as you don't try to file a claim for the same damage again - in their eyes, you'll be made whole by the check - so if you decide not to fix it, consider the check as covering the depreciation from the damage". I took that advice to heart (and might have used a chunk of the check to actually get the car running again, it hadn't moved under its own power in over a month). In my case, someone whacked it in a parking lot hard enough to push the back end into the next parking space, and to cave in the RR door and a bit of the rear quarter panel.

Isn't the csi black? I would think bright daylight would help with spotting hail damage on anything that's not white. Or am I thinking of someone else's csi?

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
Paging Ken and any other Jeep aficionados out there:

A friend of mine is looking at WJ Grand Cherokees. He lives in Fairbanks, AK and needs something for the winter. I told him to avoid the V8 WJs because the 4.7 is a bit crap and to check under the oil cap on 4.0s for the TUPY mark.

Is the WJ generally a reliable platform with the 4.0/42RE combo? Anything else he should look for?

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Indeed!

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
STR, the xb is a 2008, we paid $7500 (plus ttl etc) and we have gap coverage on it. Only the windshield needed to be replaced, it looks like the hail hit right on the gasket and cracked it along the edge.

The csi is black but you can't see anything but blue in the reflection. The side next to the scion, where you could see something in the reflection, was super easy to see all the divots.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

leica posted:

If you're a car guy and scoff at the General Lee something is wrong with you.

The General Lee was a piece of crap. Not enough supercharger and too much loving idiots driving.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

bandman posted:

A friend of mine is looking at WJ Grand Cherokees. He lives in Fairbanks, AK and needs something for the winter. I told him to avoid the V8 WJs because the 4.7 is a bit crap and to check under the oil cap on 4.0s for the TUPY mark.

Is the WJ generally a reliable platform with the 4.0/42RE combo? Anything else he should look for?

The 4.7 isn't perfect but if you treat it with any respect at all (also known as "like any engine that is not a 4.0") it should be fine. The 545RFE they get is definitely a better transmission than the 42RE. V8s also get a beefier rear end (D44a vs D35). Quadradrive (factory limited slip front and rear axles) is more common on V8s too. My WJ was an absolute beast in the snow the one time we got it up in northern AZ on new year's.

I've had mine for just under a year now and its been fairly trouble free. I did have to fix the blend doors, but the " cut a hole" method to access them makes it a very straightforward job.

With that said, if he just wants AWD there are probably better options. The WK is arguably better in every way that isn't articulation-dependent offroading (IFS).

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The General Lee was a piece of crap. Not enough supercharger and too much loving idiots driving.

And they welded the doors on a daily driver BECAUSE RACECAR. What a bunch of posers.

I like the vague concept of TDOH way more than anything I've seen of the actual show. And the flag can go, period.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

fjelltorsk posted:

Tesla came trough btw, big time.

That's awesome, good to see them helping you out!

fjelltorsk posted:

In happier news, latest imaging done shows that the cancer is still in on the retreat. we get our new house in three weeks and my wife told me that i should bring my bike on holiday. i figured she would be pissed if i brought it up. but looks like im riding.

That's even more awesome! :hfive:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Haha did you think Daisy Duke's shorts were too revealing? THOSE JORTS WERE CRAP :mad:

Never change CT.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I need to quit trolling Craigslist sellers, they're getting crankier when you call bullshit on their "just did $1000 worth of brake work" posts. How the gently caress do you spend $1000 on brakes for a car you're selling for $1200?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I spent $1000 on brakes once...

It was a BBK for all 4 corners, a Wilwood prop valve, ducts for the fronts, new to me booster, new MC, SS lines on all 4 corners, a MC brace, and Hawk DTC-60s. The only thing I didn't touch was the rear calipers and the hard lines that were bolted to the chassis

My car is valued at $1200 or $1000 this year by the county.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

some texas redneck posted:

Texans is using Digital Insight's online banking platform (which is also used by Legacy Bank, formerly Viewpoint Bank, formerly Community Credit Union). Not sure what their backend is, but I know a lot of the online banking features take you to Intuit-hosted sites, and both Legacy Bank and Texans CU use NCR ATMs (though I'm sure any decent ATM can be setup to communicate with drat near any backend). It'd be nice to be able to manually enter transactions that you know are going to hit (such as an automatic debit, or from swiping your card at the gas pump) like you can with USAA's, I get bit in the rear end now and then when I forgot how much I spent on a fillup.

Yeah, DI used to be owned by Intuit and was recently sold to NCR. FIS, Fiserv, and Jack Henry/Netteller are the other big white-label online banking providers. I'll have to look into what DATCU is using, I'm intrigued. And yes, ATMs can be tied into whichever core banking product, although I wonder if NCR is going to try and figure out some lock-in now that they own DI (their ATMs are better than diebolds, anyway, in my personal opinion. I just code stuff to show where ATMs are, I don't actually have any interaction with the ATMs or their middleware themselves).

CharlesM posted:

Ayyyyyyyyeeee, unlike USB, micro SATA is larger than mini SATA (mSATA). I guess there are adapter boards. I don't know if it's worth it for this thing. Maybe I shouldn't have given away my last working laptop. :D

Hong Kong specials for microsata to MSATA adapters are under ten bucks on eBay, and a name brand like Addonics has an msrp of $22 so if the laptop has relatively usable specs for web browsing otherwise getting something like this plus a msata drive wouldn't be an unreasonable investment.

fjelltorsk posted:

Tesla came trough btw, big time. My dealership pulled some strings with tesla motors. The one they had a line on was lacking some of the options and the wrong colour (black). but it seems a dealership in northern denmark had just taken delivery of a dealer demo with the right colour, all the stuff i wanted and even some more. its a new car, they havent even removed the plastic covering and its got 0 kms on the clock. because i am probably the first customer to buy two p85ds in six months they are eating the cost of the options i would not have ordered and have sorted with my insurer that they are basically borrowing me the car until the insurer pays them directly. I even got a mail from Elon Musk(s pr people, no doubt) wishing me a healty recovery and some other niceties. I guess thats what you get when you spend 250k usd with an upstart. really impressed with Tesla, and even my insurer. The insurance dude looked over the car today, and agreed its fubar.

I talked to one of the FD guys who responded to the accident. apparently the Audis engine entered the cabin :gonk:

In happier news, latest imaging done shows that the cancer is still in on the retreat. we get our new house in three weeks and my wife told me that i should bring my bike on holiday. i figured she would be pissed if i brought it up. but looks like im riding.

There are some real frothing-mouth Tesla/SpaceX/Musk fanboys out there that totally overhype everything, but this some above-and-beyond excellent behavior on Tesla's part. And it's great to hear how well you and your family are doing, all things considered. Although I am slightly concerned that you're going to update next that a meteor destroyed your new dream house, but it's okay because you'll have the ability to rebuild it to your exact specifications.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

IOwnCalculus posted:

With that said, if he just wants AWD there are probably better options. The WK is arguably better in every way that isn't articulation-dependent offroading (IFS).

They live up a mountain outside Fairbanks, so off-road capability and being a beast in snow is important. A good WJ falls right in his price range of around $4k, but all the WKs in that range are beat to poo poo, it seems. Inventory is a problem for them, being fairly isolated in the great white north.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

bandman posted:

The 4.7 does have a few bullshit issues to watch out for. Head gaskets can poo poo themselves and timing chains if the oil wasn't changed.

I had issues with the transmission puking in a parking lot. YMMV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
Just a reminder for Seattle area goons the vintage races start tomorrow at Pacific Raceways. I'll be there bright and early with my four year :)

• Locked thread