Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

That's msata, you're looking at the bottom, the connections are at the top there. Otherwise just remove it and double check

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

I think I have found footage of Kastein washing one of his jeeps.

http://i.imgur.com/gLux28Z.webm

Brings a new meaning to drive-thru car wash.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

http://youtu.be/QGJuMBdaqIw

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

So... apparently I bought a set of whitewalls. Bridgestone B420 (:350:) for the foz beater. Whitewalls are going to be pretty pimpin :dukedog:

Couldn't really tell they were whitewalls from the sellers picture, and in person I didn't really notice it either.

Spent about an hour scrubbing away and now they're all shiny and magnificent

Pretty good deal at $60 for the set. They're old, but the rubber isn't dryrotted and they have almost no wear on them. Pretty sure they were bought NOS and then put on for part of a season then stored in his shed for the last couple years.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Date code was for 03, so drat old, no idea how they survived this far.
They only have to last a few months before winter, getting proper winters for it, but in the mean time I needed the cheapest tires that'll pass a safety inspection. They don't check dates, only tread depth and if they're dry rotted which the (much newer) tires currently on it are.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yeesh. The original spare on my Ranger, which was only a couple years older at the time, lasted about 20 miles of extremely cautious city driving. So, uh, please don't kill yourself.

I'll try not to, I hope. I've seen others driving on ticking time bombs that have pre-2000's date codes. Always makes me go wtf as to how they haven't blown out yet.

The minimum I need them to last is for the drive to the shop for a safety and back. Thinking of going with the cheap favorite winter tire, firestone winterforce, at least 205/70R15 is a cheap size.

E: also thinking rubber survives the cooler climate in the frozen north than the scorching hellscape of Nevada/Arizona. We get to deal with rust, not brittle and broken plastics/rubber

Bajaha fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jul 13, 2015

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

drat STR, keep your head up. Cancer is terrible, but it's also beatable.

CornHolio posted:

Alright guys, weird-rear end issue on my 850.

Loud buzzer noise, like an apartment buzzer, and that's the sound.

Saw your video on snappenischat, and that's hilarious.

First thing I'd do is lift the front up and just go jack stand racing and see if it's tied to your vehicle speed directly. Could be some PO fuckery that enabled itself somehow. I could see some parent putting a loud annoying buzzer on their teens car for when it goes above a certain speed.

If that works then start pulling fuses to see which system it's tied into.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

drat you AI and your Five Guys Gorilla marketing! Went yesterday and drat, was that ever the best fast food burger I've had, if you don't load up on all the toppings, you're doing it wrong. Went with the missus and for the both of us with small fries and a drink came out to $26, so pricey but honestly not that bad compared to how fast food is priced up here. Hell, even McDonalds would cost us ~$20 for the both of us, and the five guys up here are drat good quality. It's not cheap to eat out.

Went to see the minions movie as well, I'd say it's pretty enjoyable. Felt a little drawn out at times, but it made for a good evening.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Rhyno posted:

I ate 4 or 5 hamburger patties. (Buns got moldy).

So burgers with meat buns?

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Fuckin cat is stressing me out. The short haired one is missing since Saturday night, they've never been gone for more than 5 hours at a time. Threw up a post on the local FB lost cat page, made a kijiji ad, and notified the humane society (pound?) as well as talking with neighbors. His brother, the floofy cat, has been meowing all day trying to find him. Going to make some posters and throw them up on the mailboxes in the neighborhood.

Hopefully he shows up soon and not as roadkill or fox food :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Hey! My stupid catte is back home! He came back at 5 am, looking pretty healthy other than what looks like the result of a fight with another animal (missing fur on the very top of his head, and a medium-small patch of fur missing from just to the side of his eye with some dried blood on the skin.

Gulped down his food and started demanding to outside again. Ahahaha... no.

Fuzzball gets to stay home while he heals up from his misadventure.

• Locked thread