Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

They should have pulled Dukes of Hazzard for being unwatchable poo poo long ago. It's not even worth hate viewing. .

Lol, it's a stunt car show with goofy characters geared towards kids pretty much. When I was ten years old it was awesome.

Of course as an adult now it's pretty bad, but the nostalgia alone makes it fun to watch. If you're a car guy and scoff at the General Lee something is wrong with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The General Lee was a piece of crap. Not enough supercharger and too much loving idiots driving.

Haha did you think Daisy Duke's shorts were too revealing? THOSE JORTS WERE CRAP :mad:

Never change CT.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Nothing like scaring the poo poo outta my roommate at 9AM with a 0-100 pull.

I was expecting this to end with a 5 gallon bucket of water or something.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Slow is fast can I pm you :allears:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

gently caress this holiday, it's like a license to be a drunk idiot for anyone staying at a hotel on the beach :argh:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

the spyder posted:

Why limit it to the beach? Downtown Portland is full of drunk idiots.

Yeah right. I work on the beach and this is without a doubt the worst holiday of the year for us. I have learned to hate the 4th of July and it's pretty sad really, especially since it's my wife's birthday.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Anyone ever use those cheap ebay controllers for the PS3? Are they any good? I really don't want to spend 40 bucks for a Sony if I don't have to.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

88h88 posted:

UK midlands peeps, Cars in the Park is on in Lichfield today and tomorrow http://www.carsinthepark.com/index.html

I'll be visiting tomorrow with a bunch of friends and due to not owning a particularly scene motor and one friend owning all the cars in the world, I'll be driving this over:

Entry is free and there's always some cool poo poo to look at.

Love the car, is that an old Mazda 626?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Cross posting from Cycle Asylum, I hit a loving Egret riding my scooter to work and almost bit the dust. Got a face full of feathers and next thing I know I was bouncing of the curb, super lucky I didn't crash.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Ah yes, I remember the Blue Birds from my days in Japan, love those cars. Wish they were sold here.

Those wheels fit the car perfect, it looks awesome and I'm jealous :3:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I thought I would never get a chance to use this.

Lol that was posted in CA as well.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Punch her in the face.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Oh and other acts of loving idiocy!

I have a friend doing research for a graphic novel about the WTC bombing that happened in 1993. We were discussing similar projects that have already been published and another guy chimed in "9-11 HAPPENED IN 2001 YOU loving TARDS." My friend tried to explain about the '93 bombing but this dude was "THE TOWERS FELL IN 2001 YOU gently caress, LEARN YOUR HISTORY."

America.

To be fair I completely forgot about that bombing for a bit and thought wait, 1993? That's not right :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yuck.

If anyone is awake, the rain delayed Cup race at Daytona is running right now, The last 10 or 15 laps should make for some good entertainment :v:

[edit] Um yeah

:stare:

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jul 6, 2015

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

SFH1989 posted:

Who the gently caress thought a night race at the end of a long weekend, in a place where a rain delay is likely, was a good idea? Looked like a good race, the last few laps would have been really exciting if I didn't know who won.

It sucks that plate racing is so dangerous. The plate package is the only one that consistently makes for good oval racing with this car.

The 4th of July race has been going on for decades, and because of the time of year they do tend to get rained out or delayed.

And yeah, the super speedway races are the only good oval races anymore unfortunately.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

They did it to try and get better ratings, since no one would be home on the 4th apparently.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/nbc-returns-nascar-coverage-sunday-race-daytona-32226889

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

goatse guy posted:

Should I buy the R package? Is that a dumb question?

Yes and yes.

goatse guy posted:

A lot less than it's worth.

Makes the first question even dumber.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

goatse guy posted:

I know. I was so excited to find out it was an R package because I wanted to help them find more cars for their collection, but then my boss told me what he'd sell it to me for and there was no way I could let it go.

Shoulda kept your mouth shut, and you would have got it even cheaper. Then after the title is in your name is when you go "Turns out it's an R package, lucky me!"

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That cat looks exactly like my mother in law's cat that died today, was the sweetest cat ever, the only cat my son knew well and now he's crushed and has been crying all day :(

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

goatse guy posted:

Enjoy your bandanna, dude.

Wouldn't be surprised if he loves it tbh.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Five guys is a five minute walk from my house :smug:

My son inhales their cheeseburgers in 2.2 seconds.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

If you like Bourbon and/or really good ale, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale is the poo poo, soooo good.

quote:

Our Kentucky Ale® is aged for up to six weeks in freshly decanted bourbon barrels from some of Kentucky’s finest distilleries. Subtle yet familiar flavors of vanilla and oak are imparted to this special ale as it rests in the charred barrels.

http://www.kentuckyale.com/portfolio_page/kentuckybourbonbarrelale/?age-verified=f8ec6afaab

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

At work people leave behind lots of beer, the other day I got a case of Corona, and surprisingly it was pretty drat tasty with a lime on a hot day, poo poo goes down like water because that's pretty much what it is :v:

Also got a case of Heineken light and can honestly say it one of the better light beers out there, even though I can't stand regular Heineken.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I don't get it, am I missing something?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Awww, forgot about World's Worst Clydesdale already?

That was a '71 Mustang :colbert:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWLddlTthm4

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

He wants $2K. I've just started a ramen diet because I want new wheels, tires and suspension for the Miata. I seriously just realized I've spent $600 on Jimmy Johns this loving year and could have knocked out new wheels by now had I not wasted money on subpar sandwiches. If I could get my plastic-robot habit under control I could probably own a GTR by next year.

Learn how to cook and make you own sandwiches, seriously it's not hard and will save you a ton of money.

Every time I eat out it amazes me how loving expensive it is so I rarely do it anymore.

Also whatever you do don't get RPF1's for your Miata because they look horrible on NCs.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I know how to cook! It's about convenience. I took a crate or ramen to work to try and avoid takeout for a while.

Well then stop being lazy and cook your own meals? Ramen is the worst possible poo poo to put in your body, jesus.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

^^^^ lol

Rhyno posted:

I don't have time to prep lunches to eat at work, I have like 20 minutes to eat on Tuesdays. We cook at home 75% of the time, this is just for lunch on Tuesday and Fridays.

I work 50 hours a week and manage to prep my meals, I do it ahead of time on my days off. And making a sandwich takes five minutes tops if that's all you're eating. It's not difficult or time consuming, you just have to get into a groove of doing it all the time and it's second nature. Way cheaper and way healthier.

El Jebus posted:

Seriously. I eat out when it is either going to be so amazing and I can't cook it well or don't have the equipment to do it well or more often, when I don't want to clean up afterwards.

Same here. So many restaurants are disappointing, it sucks when you have to shell out 50 bucks for a mediocre meal when you could have fed yourself much better for a week for that much.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Phone posted:

Weber kettle.

Yep, i have two kettles and a little webber q for simple poo poo. One of the kettles is converted into a pizza oven and it works so good it's scary. Better than any pizza joint around here.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Its not hype, they are terrific grills but are way over priced imo. A webber kettle works just as good for a fraction of the cost. I got the kettle for my pizza oven conversion off cl for 50 bucks in great condition.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I can do anything a green egg can do on my kettle, just a bit less efficiently.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Enourmo posted:

Yeah my dad has a BGE too and he loves the poo poo out of it, but I feel like I could do everything it can with a smoker* and a normal grill for a shitload cheaper.

* I have never owned nor used a smoker, but I'd like to at some point.

You can smoke with a kettle just as good as any commercial smoker out there, no need for a dedicated smoker.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Girlfriend is the property manager, our patio is adjacent to the leasing office patio so it would be seen.

Weber q unless you need to grill for a bunch of people.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

poo poo I didn't know they made a Q series that you didn't have to squat on the ground to use.

Edit: ha, I just showed her and she's like "Oh funny story, they rescinded that rule. We can get charcoal."

Get a master touch kettle or a performer kettle if you can afford it, its worth the extra coin. I have both and the performer is the best grill ive ever owned.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Excellent I will just get a weber kettle. I didn't know if there was better options for charcoal because natural lump, then the others, etc.

The only thing I never cared for off the charcoal grill was chicken, maybe I'm just not as good with it.

Watch as many of these videos as you can:

https://www.youtube.com/user/BarbecueWeb

[e] I use Kingsford and stock up when it's on sale. I've heard Publix Greenwise charcoal is really good but haven't tried it yet. Whatever you do just don't cheap out, the cheaper brands suck. Kingsford starts quick with a chimney and burns nice and long.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jul 21, 2015

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

1500quidporsche posted:

It's more in my mind these parents being idiots letting their young kid ride an ATV with a side of the broker shooting themselves in the foot.

We cover physio and if the claim helped the kid in any way I'd probably fight tooth and nail to get this kid covered. As it stands in my view (that has been warped by this job) this is what the parents get for making an extremely stupid choice that injured their kid.

Do you know the specifics of the story? How do you know the parents were being idiots?

Where I grew up kids rode mini bikes and mini atv's all the time, 6 yrs isn't that young. So unless he was riding a full size atv instead of a child size I don't see the problem, especially if he was wearing the right gear. Accidents happen.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

freelop posted:

Don't have a pizza stone but may get one soon.
My oven goes up to 230C and I can wack the fan on to send it even hotter. Isn't that overkill?
It was only on 200C for that pizza.

Made the dough last Sunday so it had been sitting since then.

You gotta get WAY hotter, using your oven is an exercise in futility.

Get a cheap weber kettle grill off CL then get this: http://www.homedepot.com/p/PizzaQue-Pizza-Kit-for-Kettle-Grills-PC7001/205581858

You can achieve 400C easily and go higher than that if you want. Perfect pizza every time.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

88h88 posted:

Yeah I've heard of this technique. I'll have to acquire me a skillet and give it a go.

...and this is implying pizza isn't perfect in the first place :colbert:

If you can make it better, awesome, but pizza simply by being pizza, is drat loving fine.

Like was said earlier, you're better off ordering a pizza than cooking one in an electric oven.

For a couple dollars worth of charcoal you can bake a pizza in a coal oven at appropriate temps that will come out better than most any local pizza joint.

kastein posted:

I have a long list of vehicles which I would drive home for free, and then immediately sell to some idiot and spend the money on something worthwhile like a half dozen rotten $500 comanches.

My son always says to me when we're driving around "Dad would you take that new Corvette (or other expensive car/truck) for free?"

Sure, I'd drive it for a bit then sell it immediately and pay off the house :v:

I'm fine with my 90's Japanese cars thankyouverymuch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Also book face

• Locked thread