Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Newcastle United literally worse than MLS team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Didn't Sunderland lose to Sacramento Kings FC recently? So quite literally worse than worse than MLS.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Pre-season results don't mean anything, especially against American teams who are in the middle of their real season.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Liverpool are undefeated against a bunch of Australian and Thai teams. A win or a draw in Malaysia will convince me that the league is going back to Merseyside.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Vegetable posted:

Newcastle United literally worse than MLS team

I think you'll find that they actually lost to an MLS reserve team.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Philadelphia Union lost to Bournemouth 4-1, but that's because the Union are bad (except when playing with ten men in the US Open Cup, it seems).

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
But I thought friendlies didn't matter?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I think The MLS are catching up the The EPL.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Crunkjuice posted:

actually we just powerfully dominated the san jose earthquakes in our proud defence of the international champions cup (which incidentally is probably a Pointless answer if "competitions more credible than the SPL" ever comes up)

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
do not post about mls in my gay and bad thread

Psybro
May 12, 2002

Crunkjuice posted:

Of course they don't, everyone poo poo themselves when Moysey managed to lose his first game against Singha All Stars, and then

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Chelsea lost to the NY Red Bulls

EPL literally worse than MLS

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Fabbrizio Miccoli is gonna knock you out of Europe.

This is happening, btw, he just scored to bring Birkirkara level.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Vegetable posted:

Actually they lost to what was mostly RBNY 2, which is the third tier in US soccer. I do not know how this compares to the third tier of Scottish football but I'd imagine not very favorably.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Vegetable posted:

No one

Akileese posted:

Actually they lost to what was mostly RBNY 2, which is the third tier in US soccer. I do not know how this compares to the third tier of Scottish football but I'd imagine not very favorably.

Curr

And I say that as Red Bulls fan.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
west ham had to go to penalties to beat a team from malta

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

poo poo Farm posted:

Best league in the world.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

poo poo Farm posted:

Qualified for Europe on fair play, 2 red cards in 4 games ftw

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

poo poo Farm posted:

People give Nolan a lot of poo poo but I think it's actually more embarrassing to watch Matt Jarvis try and play a game of football. At the very least, Nolan has the excuse of getting old. Jarvis cost more, is younger, is just as poo poo and never had the period of being good that Nolan did.

On the plus side, I can't see Bilic playing anything other than a full-strength side for the next round after this lovely game. Plus, a load of people are now eligible to play: Payet, Ogbonna, Lanzini, Jenkinson and Valencia should all be available so at least I won't have to watch Jarvis or Maiga next time.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

People give Nolan a lot of poo poo but I think it's actually more embarrassing to watch Matt Jarvis try and play a game of football. At the very least, Nolan has the excuse of getting old. Jarvis cost more, is younger, is just as poo poo and never had the period of being good that Nolan did.

On the plus side, I can't see Bilic playing anything other than a full-strength side for the next round after this lovely game. Plus, a load of people are now eligible to play: Payet, Ogbonna, Lanzini, Jenkinson and Valencia should all be available so at least I won't have to watch Jarvis or Maiga next time.

Jarvis would be alright if he could cross, shoot or pass

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

patrick ronaldinho just poo poo on liverpool

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Ibe's goal :eyepop:

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
A hard fought draw with the Malaysian All-Stars. Liverpool are still undefeated. :)

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

trem_two posted:

Ibe's goal :eyepop:

Ibe ftw

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster
Did Liverpool seriously draw against a ching chong XI?

drat.

Seriously poor.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
arsenal won the emirates cup pretty sure this is their year

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

poo poo Farm posted:

arsenal won the emirates cup pretty sure this is their year

they did it is

Kiger_Soze
Feb 1, 2005
They also won the Barclays Asia Trophy

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
My season ticket turned up and they didnt even put it in a box like last year. It doesnt even come with any freebies, theres a voucher for the usual diary of the season that comes with it normally that you have to go to the megastore to collect.

I think it came standard post the envelope was so thin. Im not happy. I wanted a box.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
you used to get a big box full of stuff like the yearbook, various branded tat just for being a member never mind an ST holder

glazers UTD.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

excuse me lady posted:

you used to get a big box full of stuff like the yearbook, various branded tat just for being a member never mind an ST holder

glazers UTD.

Yeah Ive still got a load of badges and keyrings that used to come in the member packs.

I thought I'd posted last years box in the kit & box thread but I didnt. It came with 2 magazines, yearbook, dvd and a load of vouchers. This one is literally in an envelope like a train ticket and with the voucher booklet and nothing else.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Van Gaal has stated he will most likely not extend his contract beyond 2017 because of **in borat voice** his wife. Looks like he's planning on retiring after that.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
He'll be lucky to last that long

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Machinegunboyo posted:

Van Gaal has stated he will most likely not extend his contract beyond 2017 because of **in borat voice** his wife. Looks like he's planning on retiring after that.

Duh. When he came here he said this would be his last contract.

What's new about the latest interview is that he's actually open to extending his stay now.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Newcastle have sent half their ticket allocation for their first away game of the season back to Swansea.

Best fans in the world my arse. Tin-pot small-time club.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Supporters of all clubs should rebel against the rising prices of away tickets.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

The Big Taff Man posted:

Yeah Ive still got a load of badges and keyrings that used to come in the member packs.

I thought I'd posted last years box in the kit & box thread but I didnt. It came with 2 magazines, yearbook, dvd and a load of vouchers. This one is literally in an envelope like a train ticket and with the voucher booklet and nothing else.

maybe if you hadnt lost all that money on di maria youd have got some stickers

or if you supported a proper club

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Jose posted:

Supporters of all clubs should rebel against the rising prices of away tickets.

Didn't Swansea cap theirs though?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Total Meatlove posted:

Didn't Swansea cap theirs though?

Swansea still charge the earth to fans of other clubs. It's Swansea fans that get cheap away days thanks to good old Huw.

But only loyalty card members and only on tickets bought before they go on general sale.

There's a lot of lovely clauses involved, actually. It's a bit disappointing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

make all football tickets free, allocate based on being able to name members of your 1994 first team squad

if you bring your girlfriend with you the team mascot is allowed to put you in a gunge tank

• Locked thread