Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theris
Oct 9, 2007

fosborb posted:

e: ah, visiting all the states and not officially announcing. Here's to another 8 years of Biden in national politics!

I kind of hope he ends up as Hillary's running mate. He should be VP for as long as he wants to be. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

Inferior Third Season posted:

I think it's that even Hillary thinks 'ugh Mark Penn', by not including him in cc on the forward, and explicitly telling her staff to "overlook the source".

I like how Walker loses nearly half of his support, and that's "down slightly".

He's still leading in Iowa, though I'm not sure how relevant that is these days.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
So Macy's just pulled the entire Trump clothing line from their shelves.

The hits just keep coming.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Rand Paul met with Cliven Bundy because of course he did

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Alter Ego posted:

So Trump, are you still sure that name is worth $3b?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Alter Ego posted:

I hope Trump is able to successfully tie this to grassroots conservative backlash over the Confederate flag and we get to see the whole drat thing go down in flames.

Franco Potente
Jul 9, 2010

I guess Rand realized early that he has no hope and is just going to grifter-king route of his dad?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Oh and leaks from the Feds are saying the fire at the Greeleyville church was not arson

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

ComradeCosmobot posted:

So Trump, are you still sure that name is worth $3b?

He's running for President to Make America Great Again. Macy's is Weak And Foolish.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Fried Chicken posted:

Oh and leaks from the Feds are saying the fire at the Greeleyville church was not arson

Are they finally recognizing burglarcenarsony as a crime?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Fried Chicken posted:

So when will Donald Trump refer to it as a false flag?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Theris posted:

I kind of hope he ends up as Hillary's running mate. He should be VP for as long as he wants to be. :3:

Is he allowed to do that, or will this be another example of the Administration treading on the Constitution?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Fried Chicken posted:

So is that five arsons, and three accidental fires at black churches in just two weeks? What the gently caress is going on here?

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Alter Ego posted:

Wait, he had a clothing line? I hate to ask what "Trump Clothes" look like.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Wait, he had a clothing line? I hate to ask what "Trump Clothes" look like.

Ties, cufflinks, dress shirts, men's shoes.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

mdemone posted:

So is that five arsons, and three accidental fires at black churches in just two weeks? What the gently caress is going on here?

No clue but totally doesn't have anything to do with symbols of southern heritage.

berzerker
Aug 18, 2004
"If I could not go to heaven but with a party, I would not go there at all."

mdemone posted:

The accidental ones are probably like the shark attack frenzy a few years ago, in which a smaller number of shark attacks than usual happened that year, but everyone was looking for them so it seemed like an epidemic. Or the "knock-out game," with a few isolated actual cases and the media folding every episode of interracial assault in the country into "stats" showing this was a widespread thing.

No doubt there's a very serious issue here (5 still seems like a lot), but it is important to keep perspective on the human tendency to see patterns in things.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

mdemone posted:

Same thing that happened in Birmingham Alabama 1963 if my guess is right. Terrorism.

berzerker posted:

No doubt there's a very serious issue here (5 still seems like a lot), but it is important to keep perspective on the human tendency to see patterns in things.

All at black churches. Forgive my rush to judgment.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

mdemone posted:

Much like shootings, Media is focusing on it, so we hear more about it.

berzerker
Aug 18, 2004

Spun Dog posted:

All at black churches. Forgive my rush to judgment.

I sincerely doubt those black churches are the only buildings that have been accidentally or purposefully lit on fire in the past two weeks.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

gradenko_2000 posted:

Is he allowed to do that, or will this be another example of the Administration treading on the Constitution?
There are no term limits for Vice President.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

CommieGIR posted:

The LA Times article I linked in the OP agrees that it may indeed be a media frenzy. (Not to say it isn't bad, just no worse than usual.)

quote:

Church fires are relatively common in the U.S. According to the most recent data available from the National Fire Protection Assn., officials responded to 1,660 fires at religious and funeral properties in 2011, down from 3,500 in 1980.

About 16% of those church and funeral-property fires were intentionally set, which equals about five arsons a week, according to the association.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Federal officials are investigating all these church fires, correct?

Do they have breakouts for minority vs white churches?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

zoux posted:

Do they have breakouts for minority vs white churches?

You'd have to ask the association. The article doesn't seem to indicate one way or the other.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

CommieGIR posted:

I've literally heard nothing about it besides on here and one left-leaning news outlet, and only there after it got up to the current figure

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Five a week is still four too many.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

mdemone posted:

3 arsons, 2 under investigation, 3 probable accidental. But yeah

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

berzerker posted:

I sincerely doubt those black churches are the only buildings that have been accidentally or purposefully lit on fire in the past two weeks.

And I sincerely doubt that racist angst over the confederate flag and a string of black churches burning is a coincidence. For what it's worth, I hope you are right.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Good Citizen posted:

I've literally heard nothing about it besides on here and one left-leaning news outlet, and only there after it got up to the current figure

"Another black church in flames" is above the fold on CNN right now. This is getting lots of press. Just not as much as gay Trump executions.

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:
The president just announced that the US is reopening its embassy in Cuba.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Alter Ego posted:

My rich republican uncle loves his dress shirts actually.

berzerker
Aug 18, 2004

Good Citizen posted:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/02/u...WT.nav=top-news

Spun Dog posted:

And I sincerely doubt that racist angst over the confederate flag and a string of black churches burning is a coincidence. For what it's worth, I hope you are right.

Racists are always angry about something, oftentimes something that never even makes the news outside of their insane "news" bubble. Post hoc ergo propter hoc isn't especially definitive.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Bernie Sanders should launch a line of Sandals, and a line of Sandies.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

gradenko_2000 posted:

Yes and yes.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Alter Ego posted:

All made in China. Which is par for the course (that Univision employees can't use) but not something that helps your image when you're running for President partly on bolstering US jobs.

greatn posted:

Bernie Sanders should launch a line of Sandals, and a line of Sandies.
That name is reserved for his cookie line.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

OAquinas posted:

All made in China. Which is par for the course (that Univision employees can't use) but not something that helps your image when you're running for President partly on bolstering US jobs.

The only thing Donald Trump cares about right now is getting Donald Trump more attention.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Alter Ego posted:

No hats?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
m' laissez

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

He's proud of that hairdo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

mdemone posted:

I think you mean "accidental" and the answer is racists and racist LEOs.

• Locked thread