Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
is singapore as cool as i think it is or not
yes super cool, nearly perfect
no there is a serf underclass
no bcause it is bad for the environment
hmm...not sure op
View Results

• Locked thread
Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

strict and boring, it's a utopian wonderland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Riptor posted:

take a taxi ride to the airport aka a mobile 45 minute right wing diatribe about malaysians

lol

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
Malaysians are bad

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Its really good if you don't care about bourgeois human rights or democracy.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Jk its trash.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
im glad to see nobody cares about the environment

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
I AM BOLO SANTOSIIIIIiiiiiiiii *fart*

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Miltank posted:

that's me

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

$$$$$$$$$

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Yeah that's about how many Singapore dollars you need to buy anything.

Singapore, more like Singapoor.

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW

Miltank posted:

sounds like a paradise

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW
lee kuan yew was right about everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8rPofi-AUw

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

singaporean gamer Ho Kun Xian won the 2013 evolution championship in street fighter 4, effectively stealing money from hard working american gamers

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Its Asian Venice op.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Lawman 0 posted:

Its Asian Venice op.

venice is an open sewer

real talk i knew a guy from singapore and he said a small car costs $60,000 and you have to pay a fortune for parking

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jul 1, 2015

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
http://www.heritage.org/index/country/singapore

:getin:

Freestyle
Sep 2, 2014

by R. Guyovich

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

Singapore is very good as long as you are one of the good sorts of asians, or white.

So its just like Orange County

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

ghetto wormhole posted:

I watched a youtube of one of their military parades once and it was very elaborate, especially considering they have a population of like 5 million. Like it seems like the real life equivalent of the kind of vaguely sinister future society you'd see in a first person shooter.
I am stoked for the new mirror's edge

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

baw posted:

i cant see the smiley you used, please describe it to me in precise detail

are you somehow using the old stylesheet???

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

It's horribly loving boring. My second week in Singapore I asked a coworker what locals do for fun. He replied "go to KL."

It's Asia for beginners, babies first Asia.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

destroying asses to make a utopian society

the whole place is basically the gated community concept applied to a city state

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Chilli crabs alright though. Some good curries too.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

creates bland police state gated community and wonders why people don't want to gently caress anymore

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

if you smuggle drugs in singapore, they'll kill you (even if you're a rich white girl)

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

Singapore is very good as long as you are one of the good sorts of asians, or white.

excellent thanks

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
the food is some of the best in the world, i had a lot of fun visiting for that alone, but yeah i definitely would never want to live there

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Happy Bear Suit posted:

if you smuggle drugs in singapore, they'll kill you (even if you're a rich white girl)
I'm glad of it.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

squirrelzipper posted:

It's horribly loving boring. My second week in Singapore I asked a coworker what locals do for fun. He replied "go to KL."

It's Asia for beginners, babies first Asia.

Kings Landing?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

what food does singapore have that's so good

feller
Jul 5, 2006

kill all rich white girls

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Omelette du Fromage posted:

Contrary to belief, not "Singapore noodles", that is some sort of Chinese-American invention or something I dunno

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Omelette du Fromage posted:

tons of indian, chinese, malaysian food all packed together. i stayed in little india, the smell was pretty overwhelming in terms of human body odor and curry and whatnot but i tell you it really works up the appetite

http://travel.cnn.com/singapore/none/40-singapore-foods-we-cant-live-without-810208 there's a lot of diverse street food, it was my favorite place for food in asia anyway, bangkok was good too. I pretty much spent the whole time in singapore with some local friends cruising street stalls and eating durian and it was great

edit: if you go to singapore, and OP This is for you, you really have to try laksa it's great and there's this huge long complicated process for making the broth, singaporean laksa is the best it's way better than malaysian laksa

Invisible Handjob fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jul 2, 2015

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
but i would hate to live there because i smoke LOTS of weed

and it's boring as gently caress other than the food

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Gibson had a nice takedown of the place in a article called Disneyland with a death penalty

http://archive.wired.com/wired/archive/1.04/gibson.html

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

kuala lumpur. Singapore foods great, city's dull and oppressive although pretty.

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
also i feel like some day soon the native singaporeans might start lynching the foreigners taking their jobs so be careful op

naem
May 29, 2011

I'm the Indonesian maid enslaved unpaid trapped in a high rise apt forced to clean the EXTERIOR of the windows who jumps to my death, the only release

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
also the place is so clean it's unsettling, one day i was taking a poo poo and somebody had spraypainted DOWN WITH THE PAP and a dong, i was so afraid of being associated with it i quickly squirted out my poop, took the toilet paper i had to pay for wtf guys, and then got up out of there

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
It's a tiny country with a tiny economy that has absolutely no influence on the world. If it were to sink into the ocean literally nobody would be affected. If Russia were to decide to annex singapore nobody would give a gently caress. It's literally less of a country than loving Ukraine which is saying a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

SweetKarma posted:

It's a tiny country with a tiny economy that has absolutely no influence on the world. If it were to sink into the ocean literally nobody would be affected. If Russia were to decide to annex singapore nobody would give a gently caress. It's literally less of a country than loving Ukraine which is saying a lot.

Nope. It's boring. It's also rich.

• Locked thread