Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mithranderp posted:

?

I haven't had much time to sit down and read the entire thread so forgive my confusion

I'm poo poo stirring but my point is you were pretty quiet last game, more so than usual. No biggie yo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."

Freudian Slip posted:

So you read Beet and Gaspy claims about being vanilla town as joking?

Yes. They're always mucking about in the early game. Same as how Gaspy was talking about the scumdoc. It's the opening series of feints the do.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Gwynplaine posted:

I have voted for Gaspy , people who know their Mafia history. Can't remember if it stuck or not,but I have done it. Lynching eachother isn't out of bounds - just nightkills.
At the end of last game while it was slightly more likely that Gaspy was scum instead of MO. Gaspy had been clever whereas MO had been lurky as all get out. In the event it WAS MO, I think it would have set a bad precedent.

I'm not quite so stupid that if there is incontrovertible evidence toward Gaspy I wont vote for him. And vica verca.

Gaspy straight up said that he wouldn't have voted for you in lylo in that game.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Gwynplaine posted:

Yes. They're always mucking about in the early game. Same as how Gaspy was talking about the scumdoc. It's the opening series of feints the do.

I've never known gaspy to outright lie for multiple posts though.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Kat Delacour posted:

Alright. Coffee and reading.

Mass role claim is straight up bullshit and it's exactly the stupid poo poo Gaspy and Beet would come up with that as their scum master plan because together they're sort of thought leaders in the field of mafia excellence so if they were both on the train I reckon it'd end up happening. Other than that the slap fight feels sincere. Which is balls because it means I can't persecute them.

TOML is already making excuses not to bother playing the game again, how loving convenient.

In the absence of Anidav I'm going to start Day 1 on the smoking gun who doesn't post enough to get a loving read on and is apparently the smiling viper anyway
##vote Mith

bit early to be bussing your scum pals eh Kat?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

Gaspy straight up said that he wouldn't have voted for you in lylo in that game.

Yep.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gwynplaine posted:

While there has been a lot of healthy joking, Beet going on and on about changing things up sure sounded like an actual attempt at gameplay. In fact if it was just joking, I'd say that's even more anti-town than making the suggestion in earnest.

I don't really get this. It's not even the usual making-some-injoke-to-Gaspy or intuitive-guess-you-cant-fully-explain "I don't get this" either, so..

##vote Gwynplaine

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Mithranderp posted:

disengaged.

whoa, did I miss something with you and CrazyTolradi?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Matthew Beet posted:

I've never known gaspy to outright lie for multiple posts though.
Then you've never known Gaspy.

Birdstrike posted:

He didn't have to. Were he town and were I scum and he KNEW I was scum, he would have. He may have more honor than me. I pushed for him in some of the games I was scum because it more blameless than night killing. Don't remember if it stuck, though.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Gwynplaine posted:

Then you've never known Gaspy.

He didn't have to. Were he town and were I scum and he KNEW I was scum, he would have. He may have more honor than me. I pushed for him in some of the games I was scum because it more blameless than night killing. Don't remember if it stuck, though.
in mafia. His jokes are different this game.

##vote gwynplaine

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anywhooo that's by the by. He has flat out said in the past he'd never lynch you.

Must be another one of those lies. :shrug:

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Figures. Shoulda kept my stupid mouth shut.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Matthew Beet posted:

I'm poo poo stirring but my point is you were pretty quiet last game, more so than usual. No biggie yo.

yeah, despite my slightly-more-than-usual free time, I wasn't really feeling too great/was still residually stressed from exams and stuff. I feel a lot better this week though, so I will make an effort to be a bit more active in this game :3:

Kommando posted:

whoa, did I miss something with you and CrazyTolradi?

nah, I am just a grammar nazi.

Those On My Left posted:

the mithranderp maneuver.

manoeuvre.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Kommando's right, I did say I was burnt out over snapchat when he asked me about his mafia idea. One reason I'm so cavalier this game.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

You and your tom foolery. Thst gaspy. What a cad.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Truths:

- burnt out
- vanilla town
- wouldn't lynch gwyn
- FS vote

Jokes:

- this was beet and I's scum strategy
- I'm scum this game

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
One day Kommando might learn not to bring extrinsic material into the mafia thread.

One day...

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Gaspy is trying to cassette us up.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

While there has been a lot of healthy joking, Beet going on and on about changing things up sure sounded like an actual attempt at gameplay. In fact if it was just joking, I'd say that's even more anti-town than making the suggestion in earnest.

I don't really get this. It's not even the usual making-some-injoke-to-Gaspy or intuitive-guess-you-cant-fully-explain "I don't get this" either, so..

##vote Gwynplaine

Also I'm deadly serious. Let's all Mass claim tomorrow. It'll be fun!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Truths:

- burnt out
- vanilla town
- wouldn't lynch gwyn
- FS vote

Jokes:

- I'm scum this game

Just had to slip the last one in there huh?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

Also I'm deadly serious. Let's all Mass claim tomorrow. It'll be fun!

It'll be boring. Booo rubbish bad idea scum tactic etc

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Asphyxious posted:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Bull you know it's a good idea to shake it up.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Interesting.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I will say, Bif mentioning any sort of post I do as being 'the usual' seems odd. I'm probably being weird and guarded because like in the PONPONPON game, I actually have abilities that might be useful and that always messes with Gwynstinct.

Scum team for me is: FS, Mith, Strike

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

check your macquarie :P either is acceptable; the one you've posted is actually the US spelling

anyone up for lynching this seppo sympathiser

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Jokes:

- I'm scum this game

This is the untowniest thing you've ever said! :monocle:

Haha I love having a new phone, finally I can fully appreciate the auto-suggestion jokes. It actually has "untowniest" in there now and immediately suggested "thing" as the next word!

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

If you're missing that patented gwynsane and generally inaccurate wild speculation.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Those On My Left posted:

check your macquarie :P either is acceptable; the one you've posted is actually the US spelling

quote:

In American English, maneuver is the standard spelling of the word referring to (among other things) a controlled change in movement or direction. Manoeuvre is the preferred spelling throughout the rest of the English-speaking world. Maneuver and manoeuvre are pronounced the same, and they share all their definitions.

##vote Those On My Left

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Gwynplaine posted:

Scum team for me is: FS, Mith, Strike

Why am I not surprised :allears:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Those On My Left posted:

FU 2 MQ

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Mithranderp posted:

##vote Those On My Left

holy poo poo you're right, i misread my macquire

my unutterable shame

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Birdstrike posted:

Why am I not surprised :allears:

Because I always throw out wild speculation without voting in the early parts of the game to see which scum are twitchy enough to react to it.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Interesting that Gaspy and Gwyn are both throwing shade on FS but won't say a word as to why. I mean sure he could be scum doing the good townie act of being anti-massclaim, but they won't even say that.

(And if he is scum acting helpful townie, take it from me as a big fan of that tactic, it's probably best to let them run with the deep cover act for a while and give them some chance to help out and bus a scumbro or two :v:)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Those On My Left posted:

my unutterable shame

ehh, it's a 3rd tier uni

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Shouldn't surprise anyone anymore really.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Those On My Left posted:

my unutterable shame

:colbert:

##unvote

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gwynplaine posted:

Because I always throw out wild speculation without voting in the early parts of the game to see which scum are twitchy enough to react to it.

Yes... this is part of that "usual" behaviour you have that you seem surprised for me to have noticed :buddy:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

:golfclap:

• Locked thread