Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
I'm in and I want to be HD DVD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Hello friends sticking my head up out of the torrent of professional poo poo I'm dealing with to say I love you all and I am active on day one and please don't kill me even though I am quite busy

I also want hambeet to die so ##vote Matthew Beet

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

string? we've had one in the last game only i think.

And wasn't that Gaspy bussing a scumbro? Bowmore did me that way recently too.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Those On My Left posted:

psst: the laser scum finder was "lynch the lurker"

which is probably what I'll do today, before I head out at 5 I'll see who's on the bottom of the post list and vote accordingly

Uh oh

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Fwiw I think round xxvii of Gaspy v Beet v Bif is, as ever, town sabre rattling

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Let's kill them all anyway though and waste three days

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

Anywhooo that's by the by. He has flat out said in the past he'd never lynch you.

Must be another one of those lies. :shrug:

Weighing in on this as I catch up, Gwynn has also flat out refused to nightkill Gaspy when we were both scum.

In addition to that Gwyn has soft role claimed as "someone with a lot of powers" (paraphrasing). On day 1.

##vote Gwynplaine

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

##vote sky coq

why would you want to vote a town if they have powers coq?

Come on mate, Anidav's pulled this poo poo before and we still policy lynch him for it.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I don't want to vote a town but I am very suss on someone who, unprompted, essentially roleclaims day 1.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

see i'm suss on coq for rushing to kill the possibly town role claimant. be a great opportunity for scum "hay this guy role claimed lets get 'im!"

I just think it's super suss, though I take your and bif's points that we can give him enough rope to hang himself later.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

or so you can night kill him tonight? like it would ahve been good if you got us to lynch him though.

- A man who attempted to organise a mass day 1 roleclaim

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

i actually relented and said d2. go read my arguments for why it's a benefit and argue against them.

i'll get you started

see? easy!

If I were scum and you actually succeeded at getting this to happen, I'd just claim an obscure role to sow enough doubt to lynch townies and nightkill power roles. In fact, that's how we won in the game where Bowmore bussed me.

It is a bad plan and very anti town. You're either being very naive or scouting for targets.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Tirade posted:

Wait that's not how we won at all. Nothing obscure about our claims, it was all vanilla and we claimed doc and cop.

Unless you've been bussed twice by bowmore

Yeah but you did this in an all vanilla game.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

it's called trying to do something different in an internet game with no stakes. people are that adverse to change or risk when they literally have nothing to lose? fine, okay i guess.

Actually you know what, this has been a super weird and aggro d1 from you.

##vote Matthew beet

I'll be back before hammer.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Ok back, and caught up.

Beet is still being super aggro imo, and that's out of character - to say nothing of trying to force a mass roleclaim, the single scummiest play of the day.

Votecount for Day 1

HiipFire (4): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, Tirade, Bifauxnen, Freudian Slip, Mithranderp
Mithranderp (3): Kat Delacour, Kat Delacour, Kat Delacour, Matthew Beet, HiipFire
Matthew Beet (2): SKY COQ, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, SKY COQ, Kat Delacour, Asphyxious, SKY COQ, Asphyxious, Kat Delacour, Gwynplaine
Tirade (1): Those On My Left
Freudian Slip (1): Asphyxious, Asphyxious, Asphyxious
Kommando (1): EXAKT Science
Asphyxious (1): HiipFire, HiipFire, Matthew Beet, Kommando, Kommando, Birdstrike, Kommando, Matthew Beet, Birdstrike, HiipFire, HiipFire
SKY COQ (0): Matthew Beet, Matthew Beet
Those On My Left (0): Birdstrike, Birdstrike, Mithranderp, Mithranderp, Gwynplaine, Gwynplaine
EXAKT Science (0): HiipFire, HiipFire
Birdstrike (0): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science
Bifauxnen (0): Kommando, Kommando, Kommando, Kommando
Gwynplaine (0): Bifauxnen, Matthew Beet, Bifauxnen, SKY COQ, Matthew Beet, SKY COQ
Kat Delacour (0): Matthew Beet, Matthew Beet

Not Voting (2): Birdstrike, MysticalMachineGun

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 03rd, 2015 at 11:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour.

I can't see a Beet vote gaining the momentum to cross the line in the time we have left. Which gives us the choice of Hiipfire or Mith, who I'm not sure why has momentum anyway.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Well crap. In the time it took to write that Beetmentum has begun.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Mithranderp posted:

um

have you PLAYED mafia with beet before?

:doh: OK, more aggro.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

check again.

this is me doing my day 1 thing i've done every game.

I don't remember you calling for mass roleclaims and aggressively singling out other posters.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Asphyxious posted:

I don't think gwyn is playing scummy, I think he's sticking his neck out wayyyyy too much and any *genuine* scumhunter would see that.

AND Beet has tacitly defended him all afternoon.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Who, Gwyn?!

Indeed. Gwyn soft-roleclaims day 1 and Beet jumps down my throat for voting him, when the same poo poo has gotten multiple posters INCLUDING myself auto-lynched.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

i've explained the mass roleclaim, if you stayed in the thread for more then your two minutes 'throw a vote down' you'd have read exactly why i was suggesting it.

I also went to pains to point out that I was snowed under at work today. As soon as I had the opportunity, I jumped into the thread with both feet, until a dinner appointment meant I had to duck out again. And now I'm back.

But please keep spinning.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

It's your bad karma for the Dangan Ronpa game, Beet :cheeky:

I take back wanting to go along with a lynch on Beet, like only the scummiest people seem to be pushing it all of a sudden

:what:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

oh yes, cos scum don't ever give excuses for not posting much.

I've been posting about this poo poo since Wednesday. Try harder.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Ok straight up if you're not convinced on beet, who is left worth voting for?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Goddammit you numbnuts are all making Beet sound like one of the reasonable ones

And you're going along with him way too closely.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Asphyxious posted:

But no seriously vote for Coq it's very obviously him.

You will regret this decision, particularly in light of Gwyn's grandstanding. If only there was a way to exonerate him.

Oh well.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

You loving win Beet. I'm a town lie detector. I can do it every night. But yeah go ahead and kill me, it will make the game easier for scum.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Asphyxious posted:

You're bluffing!

Call it then.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Freudian Slip posted:

How does a lie detector work - is it like cop?

I can pick one post per day and pm it to Anidave at night and he will verify its truth or tell me it's a lie.

Matthew Beet posted:

i'm glad you were going to lie detect, the person you were voting for earlier for role claiming so early.

TBF once I moved off him to you I fully intended to examine that post.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Votecount for Day 1

SKY COQ (3): Matthew Beet, Matthew Beet, Asphyxious, Matthew Beet, Birdstrike, Mithranderp, HiipFire, Bifauxnen, Birdstrike, Bifauxnen, Mithranderp
HiipFire (3): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, Tirade, Bifauxnen, Freudian Slip, Mithranderp, Mithranderp, Bifauxnen, Mithranderp
Matthew Beet (2): SKY COQ, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, SKY COQ, Kat Delacour, Asphyxious, SKY COQ, Asphyxious, Kat Delacour, Gwynplaine, Asphyxious, Birdstrike, Asphyxious, Birdstrike
Mithranderp (2): Kat Delacour, Kat Delacour, Kat Delacour, Matthew Beet, HiipFire, Matthew Beet, HiipFire, Bifauxnen
Tirade (1): Those On My Left
Kommando (1): EXAKT Science
Asphyxious (1): HiipFire, HiipFire, Matthew Beet, Kommando, Kommando, Birdstrike, Kommando, Matthew Beet, Birdstrike, HiipFire, HiipFire
Those On My Left (0): Birdstrike, Birdstrike, Mithranderp, Mithranderp, Gwynplaine, Gwynplaine
EXAKT Science (0): HiipFire, HiipFire
Birdstrike (0): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science
Freudian Slip (0): Asphyxious, Asphyxious, Asphyxious, Asphyxious
Bifauxnen (0): Kommando, Kommando, Kommando, Kommando
Gwynplaine (0): Bifauxnen, Matthew Beet, Bifauxnen, SKY COQ, Matthew Beet, SKY COQ
Kat Delacour (0): Matthew Beet, Matthew Beet

Not Voting (2): Birdstrike, MysticalMachineGun

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 03rd, 2015 at 11:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 28 minutes.

We're all over the place.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

and not gaspy and not me where we both clearly said we were VT. you just happened to want to lie detect the ambiguous claim and ignore the blatant ones. okay.

and you lie detecting and confirming gwyn had a power role helps how? especially when you're so against role claiming?

Well hey, you've now given me better ideas.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Fuckit, never not lynch

##vote HiipFire

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

riddle me this. captain coq is so against my mass claim because it's scummy, but was going to lie detect the soft claim of gwyn. that helps town how? he'd have to back up gwyns claim therefore making gwyn a target (if not scum). this is not hypocritical because...

i'm kind of having trouble with the last part. can anyone help me?

Had I been able to confirm one of Gwyn's claims, I'd have been able to quietly back him up. Now I guess I'm the Spanish Inquisition.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

But yeah you better have some good material tomorrow Coq, don't blow your wad on some post that leaves lots of wiggle room for just part of it being false.

Yes mum

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Birdstrike posted:

Emphasis added.

##VOTE SKY COQ

Oh my god you idiot why would I say that and then do it the same game

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

well if your town you wouldn't, would you? :smug:

I'm not! God this is getting dumb.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Asphyxious I am so disappointed in you young man.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Mithranderp posted:

not town?

exactly.

As these things go, that was fairly weak.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

like your lynch campaign on me...

In the absence of any evidence exonerating you, I'm not ruling you out champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

well you're gonna be wrong on the flip and then i'll snap chat you a vid of me going 'nya nya nya nya'

Likewise.

Gaspy in particular is about ten minutes away from feeling really dumb.

• Locked thread