Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
In

At least we don't have to worry about the Anidav day 1 argument

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Matthew Beet posted:

whoops typo. lie.

Already cracking under the pressure I see

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Just to be clear we are considering posting our format right? Not our actual role or powers right?

Because getting people to claim their powers early is scummy as gently caress.

Asphyxious posted:

VANILLA TOWN

What the hell Gaspy, you know better.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

I am cool with people making format claims but claiming roles at this point only helps scum.

IF Gaspy and Beet are telling the truth, they have just narrowed down potential targets for scum to knock off at night.

Scum also knows now that there are Vanilla townies, which means they can hide behind vanilla town claims.

Please stop claiming roles on D1, it doesn't help town.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

D for dinner
OK for karaOKe
TOR for videO-aRT

drat your breadcrumbs keep getting more and more obtuse

OK I laughed :)

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Kommando posted:

I remember now. I was an arsonist in a meta irc game. I set up three people for flames and then got killed by a vig or something stupid so never killed anyone.

I think Beet was there.

That was one of the games that I ran!

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Gwynplaine posted:

Currently twitchy about FS tbh. Taking any of Beet and Gaspy's earlier joking as an actual theory strikes me as an early angle.

So you read Beet and Gaspy claims about being vanilla town as joking?

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Gwynplaine posted:

I don't want to be read in general. That's not just a mafia thing, either.

Non mafia post

You do realise that in real life, that people being able to read you is a good thing right? Unless your job is in sales or some other industry where you have to lie, people being able to read you and you them is a really important part of normal healthy communication.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Gwynplaine posted:

I'm a designer who is changing careers to become a private investigator. People don't need to know what I actually think of them.

OK, that's legit scary and pretty cool if true. I take back what I said.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

I think we can agree that we need to lynch today. I don't want it being a hot mess near deadline so I thought I would do a small effort post.

The two posters that have been making the most sense to me today have been Bif and BS. Mainly because they were the most vocal in their opposition about us all revealing our roles/powers on D1.

Kat is being her usual angry self, can't really tell.

Beet and Gaspy both had a really bad start. I know that we have been over this before but it favours scum to let them know who has the power roles. Especially since not everyone has a power and they can hide behind vanilla claims.

Gwyn is being Gwyn, Beet made a clear role claim and Gapsy hasn't taken his back either. To say that they were clearly joking is weird. That said, Gwyn has been like that in every game I have played with him when he was town.

TOML hasn't really added anything except for jokes.

I was going to put Kommando in the same category as TOML, but it looks like he has just started trying to scum hunt.

There are also the low posters Mith, Tirade and Coq That really hadn't added anything. Coq keeps popping in with a vote and then ducking out again. Also is claiming Gwyn claimed before prompted - though I think people were voting for him by then.

I guess I should add myself to the low post count group. I just try not to post white noise.

MMG hasn't really added anything and Exakt science is probably asleep but was active early this morning.

TL;DR; We have to lynch, least suss on Bif and BS.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

poo poo - I totally missed Hiipfire. He hasn't posted today. I am more than happy to lynch him if he doesn't post soon. Lurkers who are town are useless as they don't help with lynching. Lurkers who are scum are the loving worst.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Let's see if we can summon Hiipfire to the thread

##vote Hiipfire

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Freudian Slip posted:

Let's see if we can summon Hiipfire to the thread

##vote Hiipfire

HiipFire posted:

Hey I woke up a bit ago

Ta daahh!

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Birdstrike posted:

We haven't actually D1'd ANIDAV for a while, I think that debate is moot now.

It may not happen, but about a third of D1 chat is about it with most of the rest being a slap fight between 2 or 3 regulars

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

We need to get some sort of consensus on who to vote for. We have to lynch and we are still along way from finding someone.

I would be happy to vote for someone apart from Bif, BS and Kat.

Also Beet, I know that Auspol has mafia games running regularly so winning and losing doesn't really matter. I am not going to get upset if we lose, it's only a game, but I would like to win. Please just acknowledge that its not usually a town thing to say "Hey, it doesn't matter if we lose".

I am actually less suss on you this afternoon/evening, its just that for a guy that is usually pretty sharp it seemed weird coming from you.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

HiipFire posted:

A post I read in one of the later pages implied it and I couldn't find it when going back, so yes "apparently"

also on an unrelated note why isnt votefinder in the OP :(

I will help you dude - he has actually claimed several times

Gwynplaine posted:

I will say, Bif mentioning any sort of post I do as being 'the usual' seems odd. I'm probably being weird and guarded because like in the PONPONPON game, I actually have abilities that might be useful and that always messes with Gwynstinct.

Scum team for me is: FS, Mith, Strike

This is first time he makes the claim. He actually makes it AFTER Bif and Beet have voted for him. So it wasn't out of the blue - though a bit early.

Gwynplaine posted:

My eagerness is transparent, yeah. Got powers I've never had. Wanna see how it goes.

Gwynplaine posted:

I'd RATHER not get lynched day one. But if we have no other ideas I guess we could. I'll flip town and it'll further prove that getting a scum read on me is pointless. I'm more trouble than I'm worth with a power anyways.

Lets DEFINITELY NOT lynch any cruisey lurkers day one. Wouldn't want THAT to happen! I don't even wanna THINK about it! man oh man! Whew!

Gwynplaine posted:

Seriously folks. You can just lynch me. I always waste any power I have.

Are some other examples, not proof that he has powers but he made the claim after being voted for.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Matthew Beet posted:

(bold 1) Why? Why those three? it's day 1 and you're pretty sure you've got three town figured out?

I am not sure at all, but those are the three players that have posted most "town" like.

We need to lynch someone, but I wouldn't like to lynch someone who has been helpful and consistent.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Matthew Beet posted:

where has BS been helpful and consistent.

OK, so I went back through BS's posts and there are a lot more joke posts than I remembered. But to be honest it was mainly this

Freudian Slip posted:

The two posters that have been making the most sense to me today have been Bif and BS. Mainly because they were the most vocal in their opposition about us all revealing our roles/powers on D1.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Matthew Beet posted:

so your okay with Bs based on your own post saying you're okay with BS.

that checks out.

Thhat post was me showing that I was least suss on Bif and BS because they were the ones who also thought a day 1 mass claim was a bad idea. I thought it would show consistency and would be easier to read than

Birdstrike posted:

Beet's idea is so bad that I'm having trouble parsing it as scum behaviour.

Also mass claiming is a bad idea in Werewolf as well, hth.

Birdstrike posted:

Enough scum claim vanilla town, sure some of them might get tracked or watched but if they have access to the power role list it basically maps out who to target when and where.

And I agree werewolf tends to be 'won' on a mass claim, but it sucks the mystery out of the game for me and also screws with the naive people who start as a town and end up as a wolf because they claimed in like the first hour.

Bifauxnen posted:

Well, talking sense IS fairly anti-town behavior... hmm...

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Matthew Beet posted:

but others also hated the idea, coq and kat for example but you're not clearing them?

Ummm, I have put Kat in the same basket as them now. If you look back at your post you asked

Matthew Beet posted:

(bold 1) Why? Why those three? it's day 1 and you're pretty sure you've got three town figured out?

It was in response to this

Freudian Slip posted:

We need to get some sort of consensus on who to vote for. We have to lynch and we are still along way from finding someone.

I would be happy to vote for someone apart from Bif, BS and Kat.

Back in my "effort" post - Kat had only really started posting and had missed the early slap fight.

As for Coq, he was making posts just so that he wasn't the lowest. I wasn't a huge fan of him dropping by to vote for whoever was copping heat at the time.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

SKY COQ posted:

You loving win Beet. I'm a town lie detector. I can do it every night. But yeah go ahead and kill me, it will make the game easier for scum.

How does a lie detector work - is it like cop?

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

##unvote

I only voted for Hiipfire because he hadn't posted.

Asphyxious posted:

I am calling it! You're full of poo poo! And people flying off you at the drop of a MASSIVELY insincere sounding role claim are pretty fuckin suss too!

How sure are you Gaspy? He has made a role call

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

gently caress the thread is moving fast

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

With minutes to go you thought this was a good idea?

Kommando posted:

Well then we just can't tell till we cut you open then.

##vote Matthew Beet

Beetamax. Begone.

Never not lynch and in Gaspy we trust

##vote Sky Coq

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

After last night I am now looking at Kommando and Tirade.

Kommando for voting for Beet with minutes to go.

Tirade for coming in and lording it over us that he didn't vote for Coq. We had to lynch someone, Coq had done enough to deserve the votes.

Beet, I know that Gwyn voted for TOML in similar circumstances, but it struck me more of a Gwyn thing to do.

Also BS is now the only confirmed town. I am going to have a look through their posts and then through MMGs.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

BS misreading Beets posts was interesting, he voted for Beet was based on the misconception that

Birdstrike posted:

Beet called me obtuse on the basis that time was running out and I split the vote
after I had already said there was lots of time.

This is why Beet is obtuse and I'm an acute love machine.

I don't think it's important though now - because I think BS acknowledged that he had hosed up later.

The only post where BS voices an opinion in the last hour on who is this one.

Birdstrike posted:

I'm actually thinking TOML/Tirade on the scums right now tbh

Though BS does question Mith here

Birdstrike posted:

Mith why you so reluctant to hammer this game but not in Jojo?

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

OK, MMGs posts were easy to get through. They were just jokes and banter. He didn't even really throw shade at anyone.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Asphyxious posted:

How about Bif at the time being all "he's definitely town!". Like, that's never suss.

Who?

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Asphyxious posted:

How about Bif at the time being all "he's definitely town!". Like, that's never suss.

I have been back through Bifs posts last night and She didn't say anyone was definitely town.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Haha, beaten, yeah who was this, Gaspy?

FS, you found some of what was bugging me about Birdstrike. Between his mistakes and Coq's I was getting worried last night that the Beet push had come out of nowhere over some good lurker votes, and it was being pushed off the back of a lot of (possibly on purpose) misinterpretation.

Yeah, I think people are making a big deal on how I graded people from being most town and least town. Kat does it a lot and I think its good being able to see each others thoughts. After the PonPonPon game you said I should post more and I am trying to.

When I said that you and birdy were the most town - I was basing that nearly entirely of the fact that you were the most reasonable in the early slap fight.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Asphyxious posted:

I'm aware.

Were you aware before you made that post?

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Asphyxious posted:

Yep :)

Hello Slip.

OK :crossarms:

I don't know what games you are playing, making up poo poo about Bif.

I am going out to get some sunshine. Be back later

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

If he is a dead man walking, if he flips cop, we know that Gaspy is in the clear.

If he survives tonight because of nurse or whatever, we get more info.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Gwynplaine posted:

Okay okay fine.

My analysis of Gaspy was based on my own non mafia appraisal of him. Spoke to him last night. Non mafia related. Have assessed that he's fine. Might be wrong.
Wanted to be ambiguous after my first day gaff of blurting I had powers because I figured using the cover of being an incompetent cop who checks his own brother rather than announcing that I'M THE loving VIGILANTE WITH BRILLIANT loving AIM would make me less of a target.

But gently caress it, dead man walking anyway.

If I don't get lynched or nightkilled I might as well use my power on my self so people think to squeeze someone quiet whose cruising along and laughing at them.

Jesus.

Yes, my play this game has been a new level of bad/stupid.

Dude, no one was calling you stupid. Your Gwtnstincts in taking out MMG were spot on.

Just be careful with outright lying if you are playing town. Its cool to omit information, but don't lie.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Gwyn do you still trust Gaspy after he tried saying 'oh wow Big must be cop or scum', I really don't know what to make of it cause he is kind of traditionally bad at the more tactical side of this game.

I don't think he is bad tactically, he just let's his pride and theneed to show off get in the way of what is good for town

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Also Gwyn, it is not in the spirit of the game to try and work out if someone is scum/town by their behaviour IRL

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

I think Gwyn should keep doing his thing, he has a chance of hitting scum and will keep them on the back foot.

If Gywn says "Nope, no more killing for me" then scum can just ignore him and focus on people like Bif who are useful.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Matthew Beet posted:

While on this note, something odd happened last night. A player here sent me a forums pm after the flip and I don't really think they should have. It was about the game, but they weren't talking about alignment or roles or anything, they weren't trying to suggest I do something or not do something. It doesn't give me anymore info on this person, though I could hypothesise either way based on its content. I didn't respond.

I'm being cagey because I don't want to say who it is straight out, but I want it known publicly that we shouldn't be doing that! Unless you have a role that allows it and even then it goes by the mod.

Pass it by Anidav and see whether the person had that ability, otherwise that's a clear cut violation of one of the most basic rules of mafia.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Matthew Beet posted:

Okay. I don't agree but okay.

I think a vig is a risk to everyone generally so it appears we are all willing to sacrifice town in the hope he hits another scum on a team that's just been reduced by 25-33%

He is a risk to everyone, but if he stops he is no longer a risk to scum. At the moment they are going to have to decide whether to deal with him.

He doesn't even have to kill anyone if he doesn't want to. As long as he doesn't come out and say that he isn't going to kill anyone in the thread - scum will still have that threat hanging over their heads.

Don't push him to say he won't kill is what I am getting at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Gwynplaine posted:

In Bifs defense, not everyone knows that me acting shifty and making mistakes is no cause for alarm like Gaspy does.

I would say that even with my stupid mistakes, there was too much focus on me compared to quieter people. The quietest of which being the first actual scum we found.

In Bifs defense, you were soft claiming cop when she was the cop - she had every right to be pushing you.

Asphyxious posted:

It was horrifically obvious. I was yelling at my phone DROP IT BIF at my phone as I knew your hamfisted attempts were about to gently caress up two power roles for town.

EXAKT Science posted:

wait did i miss a copclaim?

LOL, Gaspy it may have been obvious to a couple of people, but you spelt it out.

• Locked thread