Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
and I said, me tooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Wassup!

omg is that a scumslip?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Hi I'm TOML, pleased to meet you :)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EXAKT Science posted:

gently caress you votefinder ##vote Birdstrike

You're not in Kansas anymore.

:getin:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Things are still a bit weird for me after so much exposure to Videlectrix, Homsar and the whole rest of that mythos really

I CAN'T SPELL YOU!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Matthew Beet posted:

i still have no idea what happened

I was not the mod Auspol needed, but the mod Auspol deserved.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
In tribute to non-Auspol games I think we should base all of our voting on what we think are absolutely rock solid reads we make on D1 because voting someone without an ironclad case on D1 is conclusive proof of scummy behaviour.

Obviously this is true and D1 is absolutely not about throwing votes around for no reason because there is literally no evidence to go on.

I demand everyone have meticulously researched cases today because I am a loving muppet.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Beet's idea is so bad that I'm having trouble parsing it as scum behaviour.

Also mass claiming is a bad idea in Werewolf as well, hth.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Matthew Beet posted:

not a bad idea, it's a top idea. those who are against it are people who have something to hide me thinks.

what are you on about every game of werewolf played thus far has been won by a mass claim.

Enough scum claim vanilla town, sure some of them might get tracked or watched but if they have access to the power role list it basically maps out who to target when and where.

And I agree werewolf tends to be 'won' on a mass claim, but it sucks the mystery out of the game for me and also screws with the naive people who start as a town and end up as a wolf because they claimed in like the first hour.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Fine Beet we'll do it your way.

I'm a nurse.

:boom:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Also I know, just know that there is some kind of indecipherable logic behind the flavour and role alignments that Anidav is dying for us to figure out as the game goes on, and mass claiming would probably ruin any enjoyment he gets from this game tbh.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Those On My Left posted:

fair warning here: tonight i've got dinner, karaoke, and then i'm heading out to seem small keating do some video-art to accompany a mate's music. post-5pm-posting: highly unlikely

look at this friend-haver

##vote Those On My Left

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Bifauxnen posted:

And if I remember correctly, both times they only bussed that early cause they pretty much had to, cause those scum weren't posting enough. Lynch the lurkers seems to be the most successful scumhunt strategy Auspol's ever tried.

This is nonsense the only useful way to play d1 is to vote people based on concrete reads and when we end up lynching a claimed town role because of it completely ignore the people who were on that lynch.

GG, I'm as thick as a brick.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Bifauxnen posted:

Well, talking sense IS fairly anti-town behavior... hmm...

:agreed:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Kommando posted:

Gaspy is feeling burnt out. he told me on Snapchat he wants a break.

##vote Asphyxious

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
This is the part where Gaspy bursts in and says that Kommando's snapchat story is rubbish.

And I say I don't care.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Kat, Kat, hey Kat,

R U OK?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Gwynplaine posted:

Slept in, sorry.

Never lynch Bif day one.
Never lynch Gaspy day one. Gaspy, immediately previous game notwithstanding is generally twitchy and incompetent scum with a Riddler like need to be caught. As town he may do some good.

Gonna go back to the start and see what jumps out.

That's the thing though, isn't it. It's not actually "never lynch Gaspy D1"
It's never lynch Gaspy.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Kat Delacour posted:

There are no stupid videos mocking R U OK DAY so instead have this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djK_ucSYpaw

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Gwynplaine posted:

I have voted for Gaspy , people who know their Mafia history. Can't remember if it stuck or not,but I have done it. Lynching eachother isn't out of bounds - just nightkills.
At the end of last game while it was slightly more likely that Gaspy was scum instead of MO. Gaspy had been clever whereas MO had been lurky as all get out. In the event it WAS MO, I think it would have set a bad precedent.

I'm not quite so stupid that if there is incontrovertible evidence toward Gaspy I wont vote for him. And vica verca.

Gaspy straight up said that he wouldn't have voted for you in lylo in that game.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
One day Kommando might learn not to bring extrinsic material into the mafia thread.

One day...

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Gaspy is trying to cassette us up.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Gwynplaine posted:

Scum team for me is: FS, Mith, Strike

Why am I not surprised :allears:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Those On My Left posted:

check your macquarie :P either is acceptable; the one you've posted is actually the US spelling

anyone up for lynching this seppo sympathiser

FU 2 MQ

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Those On My Left posted:

holy poo poo you're right, i misread my macquire

my unutterable shame

ehh, it's a 3rd tier uni

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

:golfclap:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Kat Delacour posted:

But you're so eager to chat up how useful you are which IS weird.

Nah that's Gwyn tbh

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##unvote

I'm still a bit salty about Jojo (among other things) but I'm leaning slightly town on Gaspy, and a useful town Gwyn could be a good combination for them to keep each other alive.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I've seen town Gwyn do this before so I'm not really considering voting him right now.

What I'm more interested in is observing that Gaspy's ability to read Beet seems to have ceased once they stopped being on the same scumteam. They had a whole big slapperoo today and not one comment on alignment.

makes u think

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Gwynplaine posted:

Seriously folks. You can just lynch me. I always waste any power I have.

Appearing scummy as a town is actually a good skill for a town to have, particularly one with a role.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Votecount for Day 1

Matthew Beet (2): SKY COQ, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, SKY COQ, Kat Delacour, Asphyxious
HiipFire (2): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, Tirade, Bifauxnen
SKY COQ (1): Matthew Beet
Tirade (1): Those On My Left
EXAKT Science (1): HiipFire
Gwynplaine (1): Bifauxnen, Matthew Beet, Bifauxnen, SKY COQ, Matthew Beet
Kommando (1): EXAKT Science
Asphyxious (1): HiipFire, HiipFire, Matthew Beet, Kommando, Kommando, Birdstrike, Kommando, Matthew Beet, Birdstrike
Those On My Left (0): Birdstrike, Birdstrike, Mithranderp, Mithranderp
Birdstrike (0): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science
Freudian Slip (0): Asphyxious, Asphyxious
Bifauxnen (0): Kommando, Kommando, Kommando, Kommando
Kat Delacour (0): Matthew Beet, Matthew Beet
Mithranderp (0): Kat Delacour, Kat Delacour

Not Voting (5): Birdstrike, Freudian Slip, Gwynplaine, Mithranderp, MysticalMachineGun

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 03rd, 2015 at 11:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 4 hours, 43 minutes.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I would vote Hiip but only because he is voting my man EXAKT.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Kat, Kat, hey Kat

sorry for being kind of a squirrel jerk.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
We haven't actually D1'd ANIDAV for a while, I think that debate is moot now.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

SKY COQ posted:

If I were scum and you actually succeeded at getting this to happen, I'd just claim an obscure role to sow enough doubt to lynch townies and nightkill power roles. In fact, that's how we won in the game where Bowmore bussed me.

It is a bad plan and very anti town. You're either being very naive or scouting for targets.

Maybe you should claim and show us just how obscure you can get :wink:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Also Slip why do you have to be so darn reasonable all the time :cheeky:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
bs wtf?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Kinda suss on Tirade after a reread, particularly this

Tirade posted:

My reason for choosing over toml or FS is that if hiip is scum then it paints a target on toml and fs for conveniently ignoring hiip in their respective posts. It's a weaker link if we go the other way.

Is this an attempt at implying that Hiip is expected to flip town, and in the process clears TOML and Freudian Slip?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
There's over an hour left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Matthew Beet posted:

yes, but if you were worried we were heading for a no lynch would you try to split the vote further?

We've done like 5 minute trains before, I'm not super worried right now.

• Locked thread