Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

In

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

EXAKT Science posted:

if i turn against other non-auspolers hard enough, will all of you natives accept me?

maybe

whats up goones

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

whoops typo. lie.

beet it is time to get into your parrot suit

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

need me to distract from whatever scummy throw downs you're going for?

yesssssssssssss

there he is

:parrot:

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

"i'm toml, i wont engage in the game except to common on beets play style. this isn't white noise because..."

:parrot:

because it's day one and i'm living life with no regrets

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

how bout we lynch you to see if your idea was really town motivated, and then if it was we can think about starting it D2 while pouring one out for you!

i don't want to kill the :parrot: d1 but god drat if he isn't asking for it

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

And I agree werewolf tends to be 'won' on a mass claim, but it sucks the mystery out of the game for me and also screws with the naive people who start as a town and end up as a wolf because they claimed in like the first hour.

the mithranderp maneuver.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

then do it. stop talking about it. poo poo or get off the pot. this weasling around for 'oh noes i don't want to vote him' is scummy behaviour

beet please don't be mad you seem actually mad. this is mafia, it is a fun game for fun times

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

i am wax cylinder

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

fair warning here: tonight i've got dinner, karaoke, and then i'm heading out to seem small keating do some video-art to accompany a mate's music. post-5pm-posting: highly unlikely

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Kommando posted:

I think i do better running games now. since I ramble stupidly at my lack of roles or impotent townieness and then get myself killed.

occasionally I'll hook onto something scummy and hammer home that point, either being validated way too late. or being embarrassingly wrong. like when I wrote 500 words about the scumminess of someone only to have them drop out if the game seconds before I hit post and the flip showed them innocent.

i remember in the mario game you were actually drawing graphs, it was so cool

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

nah first it was hiip with toml's laser scum finder.

psst: the laser scum finder was "lynch the lurker"

which is probably what I'll do today, before I head out at 5 I'll see who's on the bottom of the post list and vote accordingly

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Those On My Left posted:

psst: the laser scum finder was "lynch the lurker"

which is probably what I'll do today, before I head out at 5 I'll see who's on the bottom of the post list and vote accordingly

Kat Delacour posted:

You mother fuckers post too much.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

Though the Mith vote is sound, I was thinking about this last game.

Matthew Beet posted:

then do it. stop talking about it. poo poo or get off the pot.
:parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

There are no stupid videos mocking R U OK DAY so instead have this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djK_ucSYpaw

oh wow :3:

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

check your macquarie :P either is acceptable; the one you've posted is actually the US spelling

anyone up for lynching this seppo sympathiser

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Mithranderp posted:

##vote Those On My Left

holy poo poo you're right, i misread my macquire

my unutterable shame

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

Quick! Click that question mark under your avatar.

:laffo:

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

can anyone remember what hiipfire's timezone is

like, is there any good reason for him to have posted so little

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

Says sir captain fucksoffalot

that's sir captain fucksoffalot OAM to you

never stop :parrot:, never stop

okay, look i voted for hiipfire for this exact reason D1 last game but i'm gonna cut him a break and

##vote Tirade

alright goons i'm gonna go get my karaoke on

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

holy poo poo i have a lot to catch up on

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

ELSEWHERE: While at SISYFEST, the indie movie festival where films are projected on giant boulders of marble that the audience pushes uphill, TOML's Slapfight-o-meter dials up to 99999 and explodes.

catch-up liveblog update: this post is great

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

still reading the thread, taking a break now to have a shower. might be back before hammer, not sure

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

THINGS I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH:

1) this post

HiipFire posted:

There are so many scummy people atm and sky coq isnt one of them BUT UGH FINE

##vote sky coq
for obvious reasons

2) everyone ignoring this exchange

Matthew Beet posted:

and not gaspy and not me where we both clearly said we were VT. you just happened to want to lie detect the ambiguous claim and ignore the blatant ones. okay.

and you lie detecting and confirming gwyn had a power role helps how? especially when you're so against role claiming?

SKY COQ posted:

Well hey, you've now given me better ideas.
like, best as i can tell the best argument against coq was that his roleclaim was a weird one and, particularly, that he was proposing to use it in an ineffective way. Well, here he is saying "Okay, i'll use it in a more effective way, thanks for the help". we could have left him overnight to do this and revisited the issue tomorrow, but no, everyone completely ignored this opportunity and certain people pushed to lynch him anyway

3) mith's hand wringing about coq

Mithranderp posted:

I'm still waiting for an answer to my question. how/why is it obvious that sky coq is lying? I can see there's a possibility but I don't think it's a certainty like you seem to
this reminds me so much of the kind of thing i was posting about bif before she got lynched last game (when i was scum). I knew Bif was town and was just vaguely going "heyyyy i don't think this case is water tight". i dunno, just seems like a similar approach.

as for kommando's posting, honestly i'm not too bothered by him voting beet. like, on the re-read it seems pretty obvious that a lynch was gonna happen, there were too many people for absolutely no one to drop the hammer, so if i were kommando i wouldn't have felt worried about frustrating a lynch by voting with my gut

also there's this, which i buy

Kommando posted:

since Anidav said days are 9pm and we were well past that I stopped thinking about it.

also I was churning through 120 post backlog and was calling it as I saw it.
4) Beet and Gaspy's incredible push against coq. if this is a scum play it is hugely brazen.

IN CONCLUSION
i am not really suss on kommando but could be persuaded

i am more suss on hiipfire and mith.

i am conflicted about beet and gaspy.

bif pretty much always sounds scummy to me, might do a closer read of her posts later today

kat reads like town kat to me, doesn't sound a world away from how she was posting last game.

post script

lol @ gwyn for suggesting i should've taken the opportunity to play mafia while out at karaoke, srsly

anyway i'm off to do my saturday morning chores now. will do my best to be back by d6 but 3g reception is spotty in my apartment

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

Is this a joke?

not only that, it's a pretty good one

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

in case anyone is interested i did a ripping rendition of last resort by papa roach at karaoke last night

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

Interesting...

Beet, are you still so keen about your mass claim idea or have you backed off that now that the doc's dead?

it's an anidav game, i presume he's put in a nurse for lols

btw D1 has given me what i think is a good idea for a fun mafia variant to run :)

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

god drat it i am now kicking myself for not posting that i expected gwyn was vig from this post:

Gwynplaine posted:

I've been told that if I ever do karaoke again, I should sing Johnny Cash songs.

"but i shot a man in reno just to watch him die"

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

Gwyn do you still trust Gaspy after he tried saying 'oh wow Big must be cop or scum', I really don't know what to make of it cause he is kind of traditionally bad at the more tactical side of this game.

honestly i am really worried that you're never going to get gwyn to make a scum read on gaspy, i just don't think it's going to happen

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Freudian Slip posted:

Pass it by Anidav and see whether the person had that ability, otherwise that's a clear cut violation of one of the most basic rules of mafia.

agree. "don't discuss the game outside the thread" might not be in the OP but that's only beause it's such a basic rule that no one ever says it out loud any more

then again anidav might be as lenient with that rule as zet was with the "don't quote from mod correspondence" rule

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Kommando posted:

cripes another loving page.

i'm always playing catch up. do you all just park here and :f5: for days? I'm getting lunch and going to wash the car. i turn around to peg washing up and 50 new bloody posts, three of which people are calling me an idiot.

mate you should try going to karaoke, see what sort of reception that gets

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Crazy revelations today, but nothing that makes me any less suss on Mithranderp and HiipFire.

##vote Mithranderp

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

Interesting!

Hope to hear from the rest of the crowd by the time I wake up again.

thoughts:

1) i'm basically not buying anything that gaspy says this game. trying to work out whether he's scum or just off his game. undecided. his last post about FS basically looks like a dump from his notes.txt file, which is weird because gaspy usually puts in more effort. then again, the "effort" he put in early game was being ABSOLUTELY SURE 100% THAT SKY COQ WAS LYING so, yeah, like I say, i don't see what any of us gain from being walked up his forensic garden path

2) the reasons why i was suss on hiipfire and mith haven't changed and nothing has really exonerated them. hiipfire's low level of participation ( i know, :ironicat: ) makes me think they're just letting town hang itself

3) I suspect that hiipfire's votes for mith are to this game what my votes for anidav were in Zet's game. specifically, could be that they're both scum, and hiipfire feels (1) the lynch on mith isn't getting up so feels it's safe to push for and (2) if the lynch does get up and mith is scum, hiipfire can go "hey look, i must be town, i've been baying for mith's blood for a few days now"

i don't know what i think of tirade and kat at this point

not feeling much of a problem with freudian slip to be honest, but that could just be me automatically discounting him because he's gaspy's target

SO

given all that I still want a mith or hiipfire lynch.

as hiipfire is currently voting for mith, might as well ##vote hiipfire instead

reasonably confident putting bif in the town column

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

oh yes, kommando. i will have a closer look at his posts but while he has been a bit weird he still doesn't rise to hiip/mith levels for me.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Kommando posted:

gently caress it.

Anidav has given me the most painful role with conditions, and im playing it loose because im on thin ice as it is. Even worse than survivor.

I'm a 3P survivor, lovers with Mithranderp who is scum.

I'm UMD, she's Betamax. Its a Sony.

We have to be the last ones standing to win.
Thats loving close to impossible so im giving you all a freebie at the expense of my win. Kill me or her, either way you take out a Scum and a 3P whos out for themselves.

##vote Mithranderp

FWIW, i pick Asphyxious, Kat and one of the non-aussies as scumpicks.

:flipoff:

hell yessss

##vote mithranderp

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

thanks for running the game anidav

in case anyone was wondering, none of my absences were contrived. i had a really busy weekend. maybe i shouldn't play mafia games that go into weekends, but w/e

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

I AM SO loving GOOD IT HURTS

:v:

Asphyxious posted:

But no seriously vote for Coq it's very obviously him.

Asphyxious posted:

I am calling it! You're full of poo poo! And people flying off you at the drop of a MASSIVELY insincere sounding role claim are pretty fuckin suss too!

Asphyxious posted:

VOTE FOR COQ YOU DROOLING MASS OF CLODPOLES, HE IS VERY OBVIOUSLY LYING.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Freudian Slip posted:

Thanks to Kat for the chats in the scum doc and TOML for playing wii golf, going to Kareoke etc etc :)
Hahaha this is pretty much on the money, I am sorry scumbros, thanks for carrying the game for me.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

i feel like if Sky Coq had made it to n2 or n3 this game would've been very different. lie detector seems to me to be an outrageously strong role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't know... I was looking at TOML for hammering and I was certainly being cautious of a godfather what with there being both a cop and deputy. But I picked TOML cause I thought he'd be least likely to be godfather cause he wasn't out there grabbing attention. :v:

my absence was either a masterful scum play or just a busy social schedule, it's really up to you which

• Locked thread