Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
In, last one of these was great fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
I'm good to go whenever

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Sup gooners

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
What an epic snipe

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Hey Beets I've missed a few of the recent games but since we've had a string of d1 scum hits maybe we shouldn't be changing things up until like, d3?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Breadcrumb more like breadscum.

Oh snap own zone

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Ok so as usual on d1 I have no reads on anyone.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Tirade posted:

Ok so as usual on d1 I have no reads on anyone.

Actually that's not quite true. TOML's vote for me was a bit weird since Hiipfire has three posts in here, all of which from before the game began. The excuse of "ahh he's just foreign so has trouble with timezones" is a bit poo poo too - he was so absent in the last game I played that the mod (kommando?) was trying to decide whether to modkill him.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

SKY COQ posted:

I don't want to vote a town but I am very suss on someone who, unprompted, essentially roleclaims day 1.

Yeah but now that he has it's a bit dumb to assume he's full of poo poo. Just treat it with caution and consider lynching him in a day or two if he avoids getting nightkilled / doesn't provide anything useful.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Kat Delacour posted:

In light of all the conversation going on about mass roleclaims it seemed kind of a cop out too. poo poo or get off the pot sorta thing.

I don't know that I'd VOTE for him over it, Bif is right, make him show us the data.

:siren: bredcrum spotted :siren:

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Gwynplaine posted:

I'm saying that so many things are scummy and are KNOWN to be scummy that looking for what's traditionally scummy is not particularly effective. People keep jumping on innocent town because the way they act is apparently 'scummy as gently caress', seems to be wrong more often than not. Might be selective recognition. Might not.

Eh, scum will, by necessity, have to do things that don't make sense from a town perspective. So it's worthwhile looking for things that don't add up, even if it's a bit of a long bow. That's pretty much the only way to scumhunt, either that or catching out someone that's poo poo at lying (gaspy does this p. well with his linguistic forensics trick).

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Freudian Slip posted:

I think we can agree that we need to lynch today. I don't want it being a hot mess near deadline so I thought I would do a small effort post.

The two posters that have been making the most sense to me today have been Bif and BS. Mainly because they were the most vocal in their opposition about us all revealing our roles/powers on D1.

Kat is being her usual angry self, can't really tell.

Beet and Gaspy both had a really bad start. I know that we have been over this before but it favours scum to let them know who has the power roles. Especially since not everyone has a power and they can hide behind vanilla claims.

Gwyn is being Gwyn, Beet made a clear role claim and Gapsy hasn't taken his back either. To say that they were clearly joking is weird. That said, Gwyn has been like that in every game I have played with him when he was town.

TOML hasn't really added anything except for jokes.

I was going to put Kommando in the same category as TOML, but it looks like he has just started trying to scum hunt.

There are also the low posters Mith, Tirade and Coq That really hadn't added anything. Coq keeps popping in with a vote and then ducking out again. Also is claiming Gwyn claimed before prompted - though I think people were voting for him by then.

I guess I should add myself to the low post count group. I just try not to post white noise.

MMG hasn't really added anything and Exakt science is probably asleep but was active early this morning.

TL;DR; We have to lynch, least suss on Bif and BS.

Don't see Hiipfire on this list.

##vote Hiipfire

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Matthew Beet posted:

also this is bullshit. the people who will be most against a mass claim (in my latest theory) will only be the SCUM team, because:

• they know they can't all claim vanilla town
  • they know they can't go first on the claim to risk being caught out with a counter claim so they will be the ones claiming right at the end.
  • if they are scum and tell us their real role it could conflict with a town role (eg two role blockers, one for each team)

So we focus conflicts, those who wait at the end to claim and on the vanillas claims in that order.

but nooooo that's too complicated for auspol town.

I'm not against mass roleclaims in general and have pushed for them in the past, but it's probably more useful for town in a game where we know it's role heavy. Right now we've got two people (I think) that have claimed vanilla town and one that has claimed a "role". If it's role light then lighting up our roles for scum to pick off doesn't seem like such a great move.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Matthew Beet posted:

well then lets go toml for his gently caress off again party bus and we can save hiipy for later. he was sorta down in the scum doc last game, if any of you read it, that he didn't even get to play d1. i'm not against the idea of lynching the lurker but when we haven't even given them a chance to play?

My reason for choosing over toml or FS is that if hiip is scum then it paints a target on toml and fs for conveniently ignoring hiip in their respective posts. It's a weaker link if we go the other way.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

SKY COQ posted:

If I were scum and you actually succeeded at getting this to happen, I'd just claim an obscure role to sow enough doubt to lynch townies and nightkill power roles. In fact, that's how we won in the game where Bowmore bussed me.

Wait that's not how we won at all. Nothing obscure about our claims, it was all vanilla and we claimed doc and cop.

Unless you've been bussed twice by bowmore

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Not that I disagree about mass roleclaiming being bad

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Matthew Beet posted:

i was absolutely not trying to argue this on logic.

I didn't play in the game where he got d1 lynched last time but was he this absent? Game's been going for eight hours and he's not shown up.

In any case we've got five hours until hammer so no rush, but a hiipfire lynch is still the best I've got to work with so far.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Kat Delacour posted:

Oh yeah everyone role claim, oh no not day 1 day 2? So we can compare notes on who claims the fastest and get lovely at the conflicts? Because god knows we don't have players whose entire loving game plan s keeping their cards close to their chest. GREAT IDEA BEET, PAT YOURSELF ON THE BACK

And I'm the loving idiot?

Fiuck you

Pls no d1 fights :(

I think we can have a kinder, gentler auspolity. I think we can be a more collegial auspolity than we've been.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Gwynplaine posted:

Not bad.

Real talk? Tirade, it's good to be in a mafia game with you again, just saying.

:respek:

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Going out for a bit, will be back well before hammer.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
I'm loving wrecked so will be going to bed in like 15 mins. I'd vote for hiip, mith, actually almost anyone really.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
That poor lil puglet in your av :(

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Morning all! Top effort lynching a bloke that claimed a useful town power!

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Asphyxious posted:

VOTE FOR COQ YOU DROOLING MASS OF CLODPOLES, HE IS VERY OBVIOUSLY LYING.

Our voodoo language lie detector killed our actual lie detector :lol:

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Matthew Beet posted:

##vote sky coq

why would you want to vote a town if they have powers coq?

Matthew Beet posted:

see i'm suss on coq for rushing to kill the possibly town role claimant. be a great opportunity for scum "hay this guy role claimed lets get 'im!"

*votes for someone that roleclaims a solid town power*

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Matthew Beet posted:

Also while you're at it go quote the posts where he said he'd try and lie detect the person he was voting earlier, the dude with the soft claims, and ignore gaspy or I who had two totally blatant role claims that could easily be tested.

If anything coq lynched himself.

Nah actually I think the people that voted for coq lynched coq. If you were being helpful vs actually wanting to lynch him you would have pointed him to one of those other claims instead.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Matthew Beet posted:

Also while you're at it go quote the posts where he said he'd try and lie detect the person he was voting earlier, the dude with the soft claims, and ignore gaspy or I who had two totally blatant role claims that could easily be tested.

If anything coq lynched himself.

btw this is classic scum behaviour "oh lordy how was I to know he was town, he was acting so scummy!"

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Matthew Beet posted:

Oh good point yeas I probably should hav...

Oh. I did.

Yeah which doesn't count for poo poo since you never unvoted him. You were the one who taught me in mafia that you need to test roleclaims particularly early on, but instead you lynched one.

quote:

You know what's scummy Tirade. Lurking. Being quiet at the tight times and letting town do its thing.

I wonder who was quiet last night.

I went to bed at 9pm and posted as much. If I was awake I would have pointed it out but hey. I'm annoyed that it all happened after I went to bed and I maintain that lynching hiipfire would have been much more helpful from a ~data~ perspective anyhow.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Speaking of testing roleclaims, Gwyn do you have anything worthwhile to report from last night?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Matthew Beet posted:

I say test data not test role claims. Stop trying to deliberately conflate things.

And coq's was beyond believable at the time from what he had said and I've pointed out why and obviously 7 other people must have thought so.

You're sitting pretty on day 2 arguing with the benefit of hindsight knowing that he was town. No one voting him last night K ew he was town. Oh there an idea why aren't you spending your time better and going through the list of everyone else who voted him. Why only the laser focus on me? Not exceedingly productive townie.

Well for one, you've given me a lot more to work with on account of you having triple the postcount of your nearest competitor. You're also getting crazy hostile and defensive about legitimate questions that I'm asking, and responding with "no you're the scum!" instead of "yeah that makes sense".

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Matthew Beet posted:

Interesting that gwyn didn't get offeded last night.

Agreed. I'm thinking that scum took a punt on this post:

Birdstrike posted:

Fine Beet we'll do it your way.

I'm a nurse.

:boom:

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Asphyxious posted:

Folks all seem very keyed in on the "why" of night kills.

Maybe you should figure out if I'm lying

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Asphyxious posted:

I think that would be very bad for your health.

Go on, I've made like 30 posts now, gotta be something in there for ya.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Detect this post: I am town aligned.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Matthew Beet posted:

because realistically there's only two easy explanations for what happened last night. one of them i think is more likely than the other based on anidavs flip.

you don't agree?

I figured it was an SK / vig that took out MMG and the scum got to birdstrike, what's the other option?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Asphyxious posted:

Based on Anidav's flavour MMG killed Bird, another person killed MMG.

I'm tempted, due to the fact MMG was pretty lurky and scummy, to think it was a Vig rather than a SK.

But I'm more interested in WHY birdstrike, and Tirade's explanation doesn't quite sit well with me.

I only came to it because after birdstrike flipped doc I remembered that someone claimed nurse but couldn't remember who. So went back and found that it was birdstrike :v:

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Asphyxious posted:

Am I wrong? Don't SK's normally go for threats to them not lurkers? MMG strikes me as a baffling choice for a serial killer.

I've only been an SK once, but I don't see how it's different to a vig except that you get to keep going when all the scum are dead. Surely you'd want to get rid of the scum first since they'd know who you were if it was only scum and SK left?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Freudian Slip posted:

After last night I am now looking at Kommando and Tirade.

Kommando for voting for Beet with minutes to go.

Tirade for coming in and lording it over us that he didn't vote for Coq. We had to lynch someone, Coq had done enough to deserve the votes.

Beet, I know that Gwyn voted for TOML in similar circumstances, but it struck me more of a Gwyn thing to do.

Also BS is now the only confirmed town. I am going to have a look through their posts and then through MMGs.

Fucken oath I'm lording it over you idiots. Hiipfire was a great candidate for lynching and was in the lead when I went to bed iirc. Then y'all got a fit of the vapours and voted for coq instead.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Those On My Left posted:

THINGS I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH:

1) this post

quote:

HiipFire posted:
There are so many scummy people atm and sky coq isnt one of them BUT UGH FINE

##vote sky coq
for obvious reasons

Haha hot drat, I didn't see that.

##vote Hiipfire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
hahahaha

• Locked thread