Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
And one plate- this gives me no choice but to do the dish(es).

I see no need to own a glass- every liquid product I buy already comes in a can, bottle, or carton.
All this also conserves precious dish-water.

Toilet paper?

Native Americans used the brains of an animal to tan it's skin. They believed each animal had just enough brains to tan it's own hide.

Analogously, I have discovered that McDonald's gives you just enough napkins to wipe your rear end after pooping out their product.

Also, you can wear your under twice as long if you turn them inside-out.

Goons, got any other pathetic bachelor life-hacks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
lol you do the dishes.

buy paper plates and plastic silverware yo half-rear end slob.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
britney spears voice*im a peeing in a bottle baby

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012
save money on laundry and don't leave your apartment. buy a drying rack (like $20 on amazon or $10 if you're near an Ikea), a bucket, and a plunger (dollar store usually has bucket and plunger).

put clothes in bucket with water and detergent. agitate them with the plunger for like 2 minutes. dump soapy water out, and refill with fresh water. do it again for 2 minutes. squeeze most of the water out, and put on drying rack. actually works half decent. i do this because i hate walking 5 blocks to the laundry mat where the local yokels are yammering on about dumb poo poo.

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat
I think bachelor and weirdo reclusive shut in are different things.

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded

jarjarbinksfan621 posted:

save money on laundry and don't leave your apartment. buy a drying rack (like $20 on amazon or $10 if you're near an Ikea), a bucket, and a plunger (dollar store usually has bucket and plunger).

put clothes in bucket with water and detergent. agitate them with the plunger for like 2 minutes. dump soapy water out, and refill with fresh water. do it again for 2 minutes. squeeze most of the water out, and put on drying rack. actually works half decent. i do this because i hate walking 5 blocks to the laundry mat where the local yokels are yammering on about dumb poo poo.

That's actually a great hack. I'll try it.

I use 5 gal plastic buckets for wastebaskets(free at the local dairy). Do laundry and wash out the wastebasket in one stroke.

Can you do laundry in a dishwasher? I never use it.

zimboe fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jul 1, 2015

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded

Giraffe posted:

I think bachelor and weirdo reclusive shut in are different things.

The difference diminishes with time.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

zimboe posted:

That's actually a great hack. I'll try it.

I use plastic buckets for wastebaskets. Do laundry and wash out the wastebasket in one stroke.

Can you do laundry in a dishwasher? I never use it.

i made a thread about it but i got mad at everyonr and closed it but the general consensus is no

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded

Enfield posted:

i made a thread about it but i got mad at everyonr and closed it but the general consensus is no

Why not? Does it destroy your clothes or destroy the dishwasher?
Maybe a special wire holder or rack is needed.
Or like a big sock-bag (a fine hack in itself).

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
Where is the thread, I think it was titled, "The most bachelor thing you've ever done", or something like that.

That thread was hilarious. Can't find it though.

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

lol you do the dishes.

buy paper plates and plastic silverware yo half-rear end slob.

Paper plates collapse when loaded with hot chili 'n' beans, and plastic forks won't take the G-forces because I eat like Homer Simpson.
Alternately, you can fold the plate like a taco and just whork it down.
I have had to do this from time to time in the event of an emergency paper-plate collapse scenario.

zimboe fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jul 1, 2015

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded
You don't need a toaster.

Just pin the bread to the wall with your single fork, and toast it with a butane torch.
You get great control over browning.

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded
A boxcutter makes an excellent steak knife.

Can't find the enfoodment tool? Plan B- needle-nose pliers from the toolbox.

You don't need a spoon neither- stir your coffee with a spent ball-point pen.

zimboe fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jul 1, 2015

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

zimboe posted:

Paper plates collapse when loaded with hot chili 'n' beans, and plastic forks won't take the G-forces because I eat like Homer Simpson.

About the plates the obvious solution is to stack them. With forks there's no obvious solution but maybe learn to use chopsticks?? need to investigate firther

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
My house is made of floating wood tile, and when I have to pee (I'm male) I get face down on the floor and stick my penis in a hole on the wood floor and pee. My dogs sleep under the house so everytime I do this I hope they don't bite or lick my junk.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

hot bachelor tip

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
if you put protein powder (like ON chocolate) in your morning coffee, you can make a mocha for cheep. then you get caffeine+protein boost and only have to wash one cup

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mr. Pumroy posted:

hot bachelor tip

wait that's Senator Chuck Grassley from Iowa?

Sailor Viy
Aug 4, 2013

And when I can swim no longer, if I have not reached Aslan's country, or shot over the edge of the world into some vast cataract, I shall sink with my nose to the sunrise.

In Italy they have a little tub with a tap where you sit to wash the poo poo off your rear end. Big investment upfront but after that you never have to buy toilet paper again.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
I've got one: Piss in the shower, why get out and drip all over, it all goes to the same place.

I bet no one else has ever thought of that.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
piss out the window

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Mange Mite posted:

piss out the window
It's a good idea, just make sure you piss on the balcony of a neighbor who is cool with you coming by to collect your piss crystals later on.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mange Mite posted:

piss out the window

loving idiot noob. thats a waste of a good piss, you're literally pissing away piss!!!

save it in a jar nad use it to water your indoor plants. never waste water on plants again.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

XMNN posted:

My house is made of floating wood tile, and when I have to pee (I'm male) I get face down on the floor and stick my penis in a hole on the wood floor and pee. My dogs sleep under the house so everytime I do this I hope they don't bite or lick my junk.

uh

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

XMNN posted:

Way to specific for a fakepost

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

Way to specific for a fakepost

not his, but its a true goon post/story

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
When I got my ba I was broke and single so my apt at first job consisted of a mattress, folding chair and a shitload of expensive electronics; so I'd suggest allocating all funds that'd go to furniture/utensils/artwork to cool electronics poo poo.

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded

XMNN posted:

Better be sure only your dogs are down there.

Rats, badgers, skunks, lynxes, will think "Hey, look at that delicious piece of hot fresh meat just dangling there!" CLAMP * YEOWCH
Just piss in the yard like civilized folk do.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
yeah its from one of the old pyf bachelor threads they were a goldmine for stories like that

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3495187

eg

I've had a boil on my taint for a few days and its been bugging the gently caress out of me. It hurt to sit, it hurt to poo poo, it hurt to do a lot of things.
I tried scrubbing the area with alcohol, and then poking a pin through it, but it wasn't working. First squatting over a mirror and then propping the mirror up on a hamper full of dirty laundry.
I tried the boiling bottle technique, but I don't think I was patient enough.
So, today I had a great idea. I got out the antiseptics, and disinfectants, and the alcohol, and the vacuum. Its a Hoover wind tunnel since someone will ask.
The first shot I didn't quite get it centred where I wanted it but it was still over the mark. Even though it was on that spot for maybe half a second there was still evil juices flowing from my taint. When I got it centred properly, and left it for several seconds I could practically feel the magic as the juices were flowing from my body and into the vacuum hose, coating the inside of it. I'm going to have a hard time making my vacuum not look like a crime scene. But relief is upon me!!

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded

XMNN posted:

yeah its from one of the old pyf bachelor threads they were a goldmine for stories like that

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3495187

eg

I've had a boil on my taint for a few days and its been bugging the gently caress out of me. It hurt to sit, it hurt to poo poo, it hurt to do a lot of things.
I tried scrubbing the area with alcohol, and then poking a pin through it, but it wasn't working. First squatting over a mirror and then propping the mirror up on a hamper full of dirty laundry.
I tried the boiling bottle technique, but I don't think I was patient enough.
So, today I had a great idea. I got out the antiseptics, and disinfectants, and the alcohol, and the vacuum. Its a Hoover wind tunnel since someone will ask.
The first shot I didn't quite get it centred where I wanted it but it was still over the mark. Even though it was on that spot for maybe half a second there was still evil juices flowing from my taint. When I got it centred properly, and left it for several seconds I could practically feel the magic as the juices were flowing from my body and into the vacuum hose, coating the inside of it. I'm going to have a hard time making my vacuum not look like a crime scene. But relief is upon me!!

Yikes. Go to the doc next time. That's a dangerous place to have an infection.

YeahSo!
Feb 1, 2015

by Lowtax

zimboe posted:

Do laundry and wash out the wastebasket in one stroke.

Premature ejaculation issues?

Well, just breath deeply.. perhaps think about Nanna or old Aunt Beryl.. and don't don't put yourself under too much pressure. You should manage to build up to two strokes in no time. Easing up on the pressure is the key! So.. perhaps loosening your grip a little bit will also help. 

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness

XMNN posted:

That's an awfully small hole

grandpas drunk
Jun 10, 2015

by Ralp

Sailor Viy posted:

In Italy they have a little tub with a tap where you sit to wash the poo poo off your rear end. Big investment upfront but after that you never have to buy toilet paper again.

Wait is THAT what those were for I thought they were little water fountains! !!

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

grandpas drunk posted:

Wait is THAT what those were for I thought they were little water fountains! !!

Are you a screenwriter? I could have sworn I saw that mixup in countless movies and tv shows.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it's called a bidet you plebeians

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST
It always struck me as odd that a bidet is seen as such a classy thing when you have to poo poo then duck waddle over to it and hover your lovely butt over the water stream which doesn't seem like it would be enough to fully clean your rear end in a top hat.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Xaris posted:

if you put protein powder (like ON chocolate) in your morning coffee, you can make a mocha for cheep. then you get caffeine+protein boost and only have to wash one cup

That'll make a turd

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
These are less bachelor hacks than pathetic manbaby hacks for people who should honestly still be living with their mother under court order after a lost competency hearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I want to hear abotu more taint boils and vacuumed pus

• Locked thread