Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Inspector_666 posted:

Did that contract ever look like anything else?

It looked probably stupid instead of definitely stupid I guess. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

About half of the ASG hats look good, like the Phillies, TB, Angels, Toronto, and about half look AWFUL, especially Dbacks, Cubs, Tigers, Twins...

Favorite is the Marlins one. That logo never gives a gently caress.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Looking like the Angels' last-ditch effort to mend fences with Dipoto has failed. Hilarious.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

a rowdy mullet posted:

At this point I'm just waiting for the A's to go on their annual tear and allow the M's to reclaim their rightful home in last place.

Why can't we have nice things :sigh:

Toxic ownership, which like a third of the teams seem to have at this point.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Looking like the Angels' last-ditch effort to mend fences with Dipoto has failed. Hilarious.

How long have the Angels been one long sad trombone sound?

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Happy Bobby Bonilla Payday, everybody!

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

How long have the Angels been one long sad trombone sound?

Not nearly long enough :twisted:

a rowdy mullet
Feb 12, 2009

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Not nearly long enough :twisted:

gently caress the Angels, always and forever :hfive:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Poque posted:

Pirates hat looks the best per usual

Their '79 pillbox they have sold forever looks a million times better. They should have just let them use that one.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Trade Cano to the mets

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

ZenVulgarity posted:

Trade Cano to the mets

I don't know about this but now may be a good time to sucker the Angels out of Erick Aybar. I mean he's getting old and isn't hitting a lot this season but he is a lot better than a lot of alternatives.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

ZenVulgarity posted:

Trade Cano to the mets

Contract Cano

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Trade Cano to the mets

lol like the Wilpons could afford him.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

a rowdy mullet posted:

gently caress the Angels, always and forever :hfive:

Pretty sure that's been SAS's motto since '02

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
In the last thread people brought up IFAs but no one mentioned that one is named Lucius Fox.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Twins optioned Vargas to AA

Sano dingers coming :getin:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Nelson Cruz is skipping the Home Run Derby, aw.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Angels as a franchise are hosed now right?

It seems obvious that DiPoto left because Arte sided with Scioscia; they are never going to attract an analytics-amenable GM now and instead will probably double down on the old school bullshit. https://twitter.com/keithlaw/status/616308928255762432

seiferguy posted:

Nelson Cruz is skipping the Home Run Derby, aw.
At his current pace, he wasn't going to be invited to it anyway. He's currently tied with 2 other players for 10th most HR in baseball, and the new format rules say that selection/seeding is based on who has the most home runs through July 7th.

Or maybe they just mean that the seeding is based on home run totals and the actual invites are still some nebulous overlap of production and perceived marketability?

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jul 1, 2015

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

bawfuls posted:

Or maybe they just mean that the seeding is based on home run totals and the actual invites are still some nebulous overlap of production and perceived marketability?

I'm going to go with "there's no way Cespedes isn't in it again".

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

IcePhoenix posted:

Twins optioned Vargas to AA

Sano dingers coming :getin:

Local bloggers are tweeting that Sano is not in the lineup in AA tonight. I'd have gone Kepler instead, but I'm looking forward to it!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
News: Tigers are still dogshit

Views: Please sell any pieces because this team is only going to get worse in 2-3 years holy gently caress.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Pujols said he'd do the derby if he makes the all star team, which is pretty likely. Maybe he can get Trout to do it too and there will finally be a positive headline about the Angels in a long drat time. I swear every time I see Angels its some more embarrassing poo poo going down that makes the front office look stupid and bad.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Good Dog posted:

Pujols said he'd do the derby if he makes the all star team, which is pretty likely. Maybe he can get Trout to do it too and there will finally be a positive headline about the Angels in a long drat time. I swear every time I see Angels its some more embarrassing poo poo going down that makes the front office look stupid and bad.

There've been a bunch of articles written about how Pujols is rejuvenated and a great hitter again. Even if he's not at all the same hitter he was with the Cardinals and he's basically just a masher now.

That's good, right?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I feel pretty confident that Scioscia is either gonna get fired or quit if the Angels miss the playoffs anyways, putting the Angels back at square one for both a GM and a coach

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
I mean more like the Josh Hamilton business, making workers work through the National Anthem, the Orem Owls stuff, etc.

Pujols mashing is a good thing though, obvi.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Harlock posted:

I feel pretty confident that Scioscia is either gonna get fired or quit if the Angels miss the playoffs anyways, putting the Angels back at square one for both a GM and a coach
Why would he quit? He's just successfully ousted the GM that resisted him. He's clearly got the unwavering faith of his owner. He'll never find a managerial job more cushy than the one he's got now.

And considering Arte pretty much just picked Scioscia over DiPoto, I don't see him firing Scioscia this year.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

What if Scioscia is made GM at season's end and they bring in a new guy to manage? May as loving well if the dude has that much say, you know?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I would thoroughly enjoy watching the Angels follow the Diamondbacks playbook in that scenario.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Man I would love to see Scioscia as GM. His dumbfounding thought process would make some amazingly weird moves if he had personnel control.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Orioles DFA Delmon Young. Admittedly he was pretty bad in the outfield, but he had a ludicrous success rate with pinch hitting (it was something like .500 last year?) so I guess maybe we can pawn him off for something.

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance

seiferguy posted:

Man I would love to see Scioscia as GM. His dumbfounding thought process would make some amazingly weird moves if he had personnel control.

trade Mike Trout for Mike Zunino

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Artix posted:

Orioles DFA Delmon Young. Admittedly he was pretty bad in the outfield, but he had a ludicrous success rate with pinch hitting (it was something like .500 last year?) so I guess maybe we can pawn him off for something.

http://i.imgur.com/aiEJH.gif

Scioscia's first move as GM would be to institute Jeff Mathis as player/coach.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Rand alPaul posted:

News: Tigers are still dogshit

Views: Please sell any pieces because this team is only going to get worse in 2-3 years holy gently caress.

Tigers aren't rebuilding while the Pizza Lich still walks the earth.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
:siren: sano coming, all hail dingers

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Senf posted:

What if Scioscia is made GM at season's end and they bring in a new guy to manage? May as loving well if the dude has that much say, you know?

Maybe he can just do both.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Delmon Young is only 29 years old. :stare:

Grozz Nuy posted:

Tigers aren't rebuilding while the Pizza Lich still walks the earth.

Hopefully they can pull another Curtis Granderson Edwin Jackson trade.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

bawfuls posted:

Why would he quit? He's just successfully ousted the GM that resisted him. He's clearly got the unwavering faith of his owner. He'll never find a managerial job more cushy than the one he's got now.

And considering Arte pretty much just picked Scioscia over DiPoto, I don't see him firing Scioscia this year.
I feel like the Angels are going to miss the playoffs. Depending on how bad it is, after all this stuff kicks up, maybe Arte finally gets a clue. Scioscia does have an opt out too. I didn't think Ron Gardenhire would ever get fired, so I don't know if I'd say never again for another dude who has such ironclad support especially as this story develops.

Just probably a dumb feeling and nothing happens.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Rand alPaul posted:

Juan Uribe must be happy that there's someone out there that's aging worse than him.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Delmon Young is lying about his age for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Storm
Jun 7, 2001

Professional #8 Hitter/Beard Grower

Rand alPaul posted:

Hopefully they can pull another Curtis Granderson Edwin Jackson trade.

Can we somehow fleece the Marlins and the Diamondbacks in the same trade?

• Locked thread