Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Please don't get me started on sid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a rowdy mullet
Feb 12, 2009

loving finally, he brings nothing to the table at this point :toot:

E: or ever, really. A career 1.0 FWAR in 3200+ AB's

a rowdy mullet fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 2, 2015

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Blue Jays traded two minor leaguers to the Dodgers for international slot money

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Trading pool cash when you're already blowing it out is simultaneously clever and hosed.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Vlad Jr. seems like a perfect fit with the Blue Jays and I look forward to watching him hit dingers.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
:woop: Willie Bloomquist is gone :woop:

My phone tried to autocorrect to Bloom quiet then Bloom quit which both seem very accurate. I don't care that this doesn't improve the team much, but goddamn this makes me happy.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
ESPN didn't even send me an alert about Willie B getting DFA'd

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Groucho Marxist posted:

Trading pool cash when you're already blowing it out is simultaneously clever and hosed.

Haha it's so great.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Bryce Harper can squat 405 lbs. I have a new goal.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Inspector_666 posted:

Bryce Harper can squat 405 lbs. I have a new goal.
Weigh 405 pounds to be on his shoulders?

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Cardinals fired their scouting director as part of the hacking stuff. His last name is Correa. Follow the money.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Cardinals have fired their scouting director Chris Correa for the whole hacking thing.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/base...atured_headline

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

:captainpop:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Harlock posted:

Weigh 405 pounds to be on his shoulders?

I'm more than halfway to both that or just squatting it myself...decisions decisions.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
In my search to find a player more gritty than Willie Bloomquist, I think I have found the ultimate gritster:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/f/flynndo01.shtml

4085 PAs, career OPS + of 58, but he played whole diamond and would swipe bases! (he got caught 50% of the time)

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Yaya posted:

Vlad Jr. seems like a perfect fit with the Blue Jays and I look forward to watching him hit dingers.
First father-son to make the Hall of Fame. Book it.

Groucho Marxist posted:

Cardinals fired their scouting director as part of the hacking stuff. His last name is Correa. Follow the money.
I don't know who does what in the Cards org, what positions he had before etc. but wouldn't that be a very high profile guy?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

In a prepared statement, Correa lawyer Nicholas Williams wrote, "Mr. Correa denies any illegal conduct. The relevant inquiry should be what information did former St. Louis Cardinals employees steal from the St. Louis Cardinals organization prior to joining the Houston Astros, and who in the Houston Astros organization authorized, consented to, or benefitted from that roguish behavior."

AHAHAH the Best Lawyers In Baseball.

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

First father-son to make the Hall of Fame. Book it.

I don't know who does what in the Cards org, what positions he had before etc. but wouldn't that be a very high profile guy?

Dude is pretty big. Hard to imagine Mozeliak or the owner not knowing about it.

quote:

This past winter, Correa was promoted to director of amateur scouting and given the reins to the team's draft approach. Last month, Correa oversaw his first draft as the director, and he was involved over the past three weeks with signing draft picks and having them debut throughout the Cardinals' minor-league system.

The Cardinals signed their top 11 picks, spending close to their $7.2 million cap for those picks. The Cardinals and Correa finalized deals with the last two of their top 11 picks this week.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Too bad it's still a crime even if Luhnow took proprietary data with him

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Yeah that was my first reaction as well, scouting director has to be up there. Who's above him, the GM and maybe a couple others? Did he report directly to Mozeliak or was there another layer of middle management in there?

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Those rogues!!!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Rand alPaul posted:

Dude is pretty big. Hard to imagine Mozeliak or the owner not knowing about it.

He wasn't in that position at the time of the hacks though. Hm, he admits to looking through the Astros scouting data and soon after has earned his way up to director of scouting :v:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fiendish fiends in the front office of the Houston Highwaymen pull the flim flam job on our beloved Cards! Feds in cahoots!

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Matt Harrison is supposed to start against the Diamondbacks on Tuesday. He's probably going to suck rear end but it's kind of a miracle after everything that's happened to him. Last year I'd pretty much assumed he'd thrown his last big league pitch.

e: that means we'll have two guys with fused spines and one with a fake hip on our active roster at the same time. rangers.txt

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
Braves trade Cody Martin (AAA reliever) to A's for international signing bonus money. He was pretty good at the beginning of the year, but then blew up and got sent down to Gwinnett.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Cardinals have fired their scouting director Chris Correa for the whole hacking thing.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/base...atured_headline

He admitted to hacking into the Astros' database once, supposedly to verify that they stole Cardinals proprietary data, but denied any of the other times they were hacked and denied leaking any information to the press. So I imagine the trial will be the Cardinals trying to pin everything on Correa, while he claims that others were in on it too.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Sonny Gray was just released from the hospital after being diagnosed with bacterial gastroenteritis. Or as Susan Slusser put it:

Susan Slusser posted:

Gray says he had a favor of 103 and doctors told him the bacteria attacked his colon and it was twice its normal size.

:stare:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

103? Approval polls are usually on a 100 point scale

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Senf posted:

Sonny Gray was just released from the hospital after being diagnosed with bacterial gastroenteritis. Or as Susan Slusser put it:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Was watching a piece on Sportscenter about Cuban players, and apparently Cuban television doesn't broadcast MLB games that feature players who defected from Cuba. The narrator then said "Cuban citizens don't even know that Yasiel Puig is one of the top 5 players in the game today." I'm from the USA, where all MLB games are broadcast freely, and even I didn't know that!

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

zakharov posted:

Do not form opinions about which 16 year olds your team should have signed

What if it's Melissa Mayeux, as she is A) The Best and B) The Coolest

e: on a related note SBNation interviewed her, her favorite player is Jeter and she hates the DH cause she wants to hit pitcher dingers, take of this information as you will

Monicro fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jul 3, 2015

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Monicro posted:

e: on a related note SBNation interviewed her, her favorite player is Jeter and she hates the DH cause she wants to hit pitcher dingers, take of this information as you will

I guess she'll never be a Mariner then. Oh well. :sigh:

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Didn't get to see Cain's return today, can someone tell me if he looked "rusty", or "bad"? I mean, it was a loss, so it'd be easy to say the latter, but I want to know if there's hope.

Qwertyiop25
Jan 19, 2011

D is for Dank
It's Hammerin' Hank
Green in his name
And Green in his bank.
N: Jon Jay back to the DL with the same wrist problems

V: Wasn't someone here posting about how his wrist was obviously not healed yet?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

it's bizarre that the cardinals are so good given how they've completely flubbed a bunch of injuries this season

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Didn't get to see Cain's return today, can someone tell me if he looked "rusty", or "bad"? I mean, it was a loss, so it'd be easy to say the latter, but I want to know if there's hope.
I didn't watch it either, but he gave up two dingers including one to Jose Fernandez so, make of that what you will.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

BearDrivingTruck posted:

He looked rusty, but not bad. His command wasn't perfect but he didn't make any real mistakes until the fifth inning. I wouldn't expect him to dominate or even go deep into starts for a while still but he won't have to change his name to Tim.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

bawfuls posted:

I didn't watch it either, but he gave up two dingers including one to Jose Fernandez so, make of that what you will.

He's been out for a long time, so I'd say only two dingers isn't horrible. It could be better, but then again, I didn't see the game.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Monicro posted:

Her kind will never be welcome in a real baseball club.

And by "her kind" I of course mean "DH haters".

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Drunk Tomato posted:

Her kind will never be welcome in a real baseball club.

And by "her kind" I of course mean "DH haters".

Uhhhh she's actually a perfect fit for real baseball as appreciated by true men and women, and not itty bitty baby baseball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

straight up brolic posted:

it's bizarre that the cardinals are so good given how they've completely flubbed a bunch of injuries this season

i choose to believe their elite squad of cyber-terrorists have moved on to building nanobots capable of healing and enhancing performance

• Locked thread