Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ettin posted:

Please post less about posting, and do not use the Satsui no Hado on other posters. God bless.
This is "Satsui of Hado" for all the guy djinn out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also please change the name of the thread to "TG July Chat Thread: Beware The Ides Of March, July-us Caesar!"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What is everyone's favorite edition of Dungeons and Dragons? Mine is 3.5th Edition because it has a lot of transhumanism, because you can be many transhumanist races such as Elf, Dwarf, Hobbit, Wizard, Gnome, and Half-Orc.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ah yes, the Battlefield Earth roleplaying system.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Davin Valkri posted:

I thought the system was called "Cortex+"? :confused:
Nope, Cortex+ was the final boss in one of the PS2 Crash Bandicoot games.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

BECMI? You don't even know me!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Alt joke: BECMI? Well, I've already got two turntables and a microphone!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Play Fiona Apple during tense and atmospheric moments because it will make your players confused and uncomfortable and that's exactly what you want.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lightning Lord posted:

loving literalist, one day you'll goddamn pay you son of a bitch.
I don't have much money.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Davin Valkri posted:

Some of us don't have that option, you realize.
Because you're afraid to talk to people like an adult?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Davin if you're being bullied into playing a game you don't like, you can tell us. It's okay. If someone makes you feel pressured into doing something you don't want to do, that person is not really your friend.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You want to see insulting? Well, okay.

*watches old Triumph the Insult Comic Dog sketches and tries to think of something good*

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Davin Valkri are you rapper Eminem? If so, I've got a few that are guaranteed to work.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hmm...

- The new Warhammer thing is Age of Sigmar.

- Sig and Mar are both characters in the Jak series.

Games Workshop is doing viral marketing for a Jak 4 release?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bedlamdan posted:

Can I be yr friend?
I don't know, Lamdan, you might have to get out of bed!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Len posted:

Man you guys are making me want to pick up the 13th Age book because it sounds genuinely interesting. It was goon made wasn't it?

I doubt I will though since it's hard to get people around to play a tabletop RPG and there's already Shadowrun I'm trying to learn.
Totally without irony here, 13th Age isn't very good. Tries to do a lot of things and doesn't really manage them. I don't play enough lately to say what's a good tactical combat RPG ala 13th age or D&D, but that's not it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

grassy gnoll posted:

Hey nerd, how about you make some decent posts, like us cool kids.
What's your avatar from?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

grassy gnoll posted:

It's the mail cat from Monster Hunter 4.
It's cute, I like it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

01011001 posted:

Most of its flaws are the standard D&D stuff that it didn't have the chutzpah to step appreciably away from.
This is what I mean when I say it tries to do too many things. It wants to have its cake and eat it too w/r/t classic D&D mechanics and class design but also having later D&D mechanics and class design and it never meshed well for me.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Same problem with 4e's Essentials, basically.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

01011001 posted:

Understandable.

Let's not go too far here.
Well, the Essentials issue was introducing stripped-down classes that didn't work with existing ones. The 13th Age fighter is a lot like the Essentials fighter.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Please do not insult my good friend, the Fighter.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yes, I like many S words:

Sandwich
Slytherin
Sock
Syncopation
Snake
Stamps
Syllable
Simple
Salad
Steering

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You know what would be a better class than the Fighter? The Frighteners from the movie The Frighteners.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

You could have made this a Celebrity Jeopardy joke and yet. And yet.
It was. It was a reverse of the classic Sean Connery s-words/swords mix-up.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I know, I just said it because you could have added a "shuck it up trebek" for more laughs.
I don't really do impressions.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

are all the monthly TG chat threads like this
Please do not insult my friends.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Evil Mastermind posted:

Unfortunately.
Watch out... this guy's the evil mastermind behind the whole thing!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What's the most fun character everyone has played?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

Man, I have no idea what setting I wanna run next time I GM a d20 game. Dark Sun is cool because I like deserts and survivalist stuff, Ravenloft is nice because it's got some decent spooky stuff, and Glorantha is great because it's super detailed and has so much variety.
Urban Eberron campaign that takes place entirely in Sharn.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It shouldn't be called Unknown Armies because they describe a lot of the armies.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Helical Nightmares posted:

Thinking about it, the only "sandbox" horror game I've seen that appears to work is the Arkham Horror board game.
For a limited definition of "work."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Evil Mastermind posted:

The definition being "an 8-hour stretch of tedium".

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"Don't cheat."

"Will there be cheating prevention?"

"No. Don't cheat."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

DDO was boring and poorly designed but at least functioned. This is going to be a trainwreck the likes of which the world has not seen since the Anarchy Online launch.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Captain Walker posted:

Even for the chat thread, this is off-topic, but I kind of don't know where else to ask. I've tried putting e/n bullshit in e/n before and had little success.

I run my own computer repair startup and I work very irregularly at the moment. It is therefore important that I have fun stuff scheduled each week or I go absolutely insane from boredom. Unfortunately, I very seldom have fun stuff scheduled these days, partly because my few IRL friends work weekdays and are invariably busy with Other, More Important Stuff on weekends. I'm bored as poo poo, and no new video games I want come out until September.

How do I meet nerds my age? What is my best course of action besides literally asking an internet comedy subforum about role playing games for advice on how to meet people? I've had no luck with Meetup and only a few hits near me from the TG livegame thread. I'm in Ventura County, California fwiw.
It sounds like there aren't established TG groups looking for people or other people like you trying to meet up. I would find some groups based on other interests, then put together some people who seem like they'd be interested and start a board game night or RPG.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I prefer the Final Fantasy 8 game, NORG.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Len posted:

Alright. Yeah. That makes sense now and I don't blame them. If he at least cared that he'd done something wrong I'd still lean on my "maybe overkill" stance. But I googled around a little more and get why they wouldn't want to deal with him.
You defended a rapist and only changed your mind due to social pressures. You don't think rape is that bad. You think rape should not be a barrier to playing a card game. You think not being allowed to play a card game is too high a price to pay for rape. You are a rape supporter. You support rape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Seriously though somebody ban the literal real life defender of a rapist who supports rape thank you.

• Locked thread