Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Loki_XLII posted:

Yeah, I've always wondered why people seem to hate the Fighter so much. It's an interesting take on a simple class, that still has something to do, and can do something different every single turn, if they're lucky. The Fighter could be better, but I like flexible attacks as a mechanic, and I've had fun playing the Fighter, a lot more than I have had with the Ranger, which is actually a class that is way too simple.

I think the biggest thing they could do with is more special attacks that activate on odds and more that overlap. It should be 'what are my options and how do I react' instead of 'do I get to do a thing at all', but it's a decent concept and the player of mine who plays them legit loves the Fighter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

AlphaDog posted:

I still haven't managed to actually play 13th Age (much to my regret), but this is really interesting because from reading the book it sounds like the escalation die will do that really well.

Is it just a case of the numbers not actually making fights end in the sweet spot between short/unsatisfying and long/boring. Could it be as simple as adjusting the bonus you get from the die? Does the die need to be integral to more stuff you can do?

It's more that striking home a couple times will usually kill an enemy and getting off a Daily or Encounter power if you have one will almost certainly do it.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm really, really hoping this won't suck.

Is there indication that your whole party can look like that and won't all turn into people who look like one or the other aesthetic when they go to that place's homeland?

Because the inability to ride a T-rex into the CyberVatican alone put the fork in Torg, let along the insane mechanics, as far as I'm concerned.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It has an SMG that has Full Auto and Fullest Auto settings only. EYE is awesome.

• Locked thread