Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I will give that a look, thanks

Now if only there was an equivalent for the 3DS (besides a $200+ capture card hodgepodge)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I never though I would find a video game video series I unironically enjoyed but the McElroy bros have done it with Monster Factory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHBzVTCO3nM

"Who's the baby now, Dad?!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5PlKZRQVgQ

Christopher CHRISTOPHER CHRISTOPHER CHRISTOPHER

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I got Ronin, and it's good.
It's good, but gets hard! I'm also dumb, so YMMV.

Short (~1min) trailer
Giant Bomb Quicklook
20 minute Gameplay video

You Guys Should Play This Game (TM)

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
Holy poo poo, hooooleeee shiiiit, it's happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvoiEiYOYfs

FactsAreUseless posted:

One more reason that Tyler Perry is the best Christian filmmaker working today.
Tyler Perry actually falls out side of the "Christian Film Industry" I was talking about, the one responsible for This Ain't Assassins Creed 3, which is defined in large part by it's whiteness. In fact we should call it the White Evangelical Christian Film Industry to be more accurate.

Tyler Perry's films are for the Black Evangelical Christian subculture, though he enjoys mainstream success with them.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

It also looks uber-patriotic. There are a bunch of Christian films about good cops and hero soldiers and poo poo too.

The people who want public school history curricula to be more nationalist are mostly the same people who want public school biology curricula to teach creationism; there's a long history of Christian nationalism in the US and (obviously) in the last few decades the American right has been really, really good at promoting that agenda.
Sort of. I would contend that American nationalism has been doing quite well for it's own reasons, in this particular case White Evangelical Christian subculture is going along with American culture as a whole, not driving it.

Lurdiak posted:

What exactly does that entail for a self-funded digitally-released game tho?
It probably means it will be released on consoles faster and more easily than it would be otherwise.

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Aug 1, 2015

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Cardboard Box A posted:

Holy poo poo, hooooleeee shiiiit, it's happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvoiEiYOYfs

Story looks dumb but the art is nice

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I never thought I'd actually see the Iconoclasts get released, I just assumed it'd join Konjak's pile of forever prototypes

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Sleeveless posted:

I never though I would find a video game video series I unironically enjoyed but the McElroy bros have done it with Monster Factory.
UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lol at that one part in the trailer that looks exactly like the intro highway stage from mega man x. Except with snow.

Never heard of this game before. Is it one of them Metroidvanias?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mak0rz posted:

Lol at that one part in the trailer that looks exactly like the intro highway stage from mega man x. Except with snow.

Never heard of this game before. Is it one of them Metroidvanias?

Megavania

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Megaman already did the Metroidvanias, it was ZX/ZX Advent and people either dig em or HATE em

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I played ZX Advent and it was alright. I didn't much care for the fact that the game isn't even about Megaman at all, though. I think Megaman has like 5 lines in the whole thing.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Jon Do posted:

I've only killed the first two bad guys, but tricking samurai dudes into falling to their deaths, then swinging from a rope and kicking a guy, and leaping off and throwing shurikens at everyone in site, then killing most of them and then throwing my sword at the last remaining bad dude, feels extremely badass.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So I apparently own all the spectral force games that have been released in America.

there's only two and one was made for the DS and the other for the Xbox 360. I only got them because they were the only free games in the BOGO deal that didn't look like rear end and were of equal or lesser value.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The Taint Reaper posted:

So I apparently own all the spectral force games that have been released in America.

there's only two and one was made for the DS and the other for the Xbox 360. I only got them because they were the only free games in the BOGO deal that didn't look like rear end and were of equal or lesser value.

sorry to break it to you bro

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

corn in the bible posted:

sorry to break it to you bro

welp 4 dollars down the drain.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

welp 4 dollars down the drain.

At least it's not as big a waste as Persona.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
New Thread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3734153

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
New thread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3734178

e: taint reaped? Come on!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Jon Do posted:

Short (~1min) trailer
Giant Bomb Quicklook
20 minute Gameplay video

You Guys Should Play This Game (TM)

Reminds me of Mark of the Ninja except turn based. My main concern is I bought that and didn't finish it though more because of my bad steam habits

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

lmao

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

i dumb

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Me too, man. Me too.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jak 4 was cancelled but heres leaked concept art of what Jak would have looked like lol

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

would have, should have

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

Jak 4 was cancelled but heres leaked concept art of what Jak would have looked like lol

I posted this one over in the Imp Zone concept art thread:

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

What's the address for the Games sub Mumble server?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
what's the ETA on a steampunk Sonic game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I'm still mad that Epic Mickey had such cool concept art and then completely failed to live up to it.

• Locked thread