Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Playing Borderlands is one of the saddest things this gamer can think of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Have you seen the vita port of it yet

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Have you seen the vita port of it yet

i had it for a bit but yeah

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I have never understood how people can play Diablo or Diablo-clones singleplayer, Borderlands included

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

it was playable but youd have to be pretty into borderlands and really want to take your character with you to make it worth owning if you have it on a console

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

meanwhile diablo 3 exists on remote play so yep.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Stux posted:

i had it for a bit but yeah

I am sorry for the trauma gamer

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Diablo 1 multiplayer was funny because it had friendly fire

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

I am sorry for the trauma gamer

got it used off some trade ins and traded it back in a week later so i didnt end up spending real money on it anyway

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Diablo 1 multiplayer was funny because it had friendly fire

this is also why helldivers owns

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Mods please rename thread to The Sanctity of This Place has been Fouled

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Long ago I swore an oath.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Please... listen to me. The Archbishop Widestancer, she led us down there to find the good posts... the bastard led us into a trap! Now they're all dead, killed by a demon they call Taint Reaper.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Playing Borderlands alone is one of the saddest things this gamer can think of

Nah, I mean every player you add after 2 scales the enemy's damage and health up way too high

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

Please... listen to me. The Archbishop Widestancer, she led us down there to find the good posts... the bastard led us into a trap! Now they're all dead, killed by a demon they call Taint Reaper.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Playing Borderlands while you watch TV or youtube vids or listen to podcasts is a good way to chill out, doesn't require a lot of thought to play it etc :chillpill:

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Stux posted:

press the start button on everything and it'll zoom through it

I know, I could, but I would miss all the dialogue :classiclol:

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
Every time I see the thread title I think of how games already has its own Terry Gilliam, and it's Guillermo Del Toro.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Heavy Lobster posted:

Every time I see the thread title I think of how games already has its own Terry Gilliam, and it's Guillermo Del Toro.

PT is the Don Quixote of games

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
They need to fix bounties for Diablo 3. People still don't complete them in groups and the meta achievement requires like 2500 finished bounties which is way too much.

Supposedly reworked bounties are coming with the opening of the Diablo 2 areas.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Heavy Lobster posted:

Seriously, dude already had three games fall through.

Nien
Apr 29, 2013
Claptrap is the only good thing about borderlands. DROP!

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
framerate for borderlands 2 on the vita https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBj_A2OutJ4

I actually like bl 2 a lot, even playing alone. It's like diablo but it's a fps, how is it possible to not like?

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I mean, I'm overall sick of FPS games but it's still much much better than the diablo gameplay.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I'm finding it decent to play with a buddy but at the same time L4D is better coop, Path of Exile is better slot machine, and pretty much anything is better shooting. Admittedly it's all three at once but I personally prefer a game that plays to its strength.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I have never understood how people can play Diablo or Diablo-clones singleplayer, Borderlands included

diablo 3 is pretty fun solo on ps4 :shrug:

i mean like, if my fiance is home i'll play it with her, or with goons, but i still have fun if i want to make poo poo explode on my own, especially now that Spotify has made it super easy to play music and game at the same time

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

how fast is the leveling and grinding in diablo 3? cause i like path of exile but my one complaint is it takes a while to level alts and then a while more to get good gear

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the best diablo-like game is xanadu next, because it's japanese, has zelda dungeon design, does not actually have very randomized loot, has metroid interconnectivity and actually is not really that diablo-like at all but it's still really really cool

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

I could never get into games like Diablo, I mean I've tried but it just seems to turn into way too much of a grind for my liking.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

StashAugustine posted:

how fast is the leveling and grinding in diablo 3? cause i like path of exile but my one complaint is it takes a while to level alts and then a while more to get good gear

with help, u can get from level 1 to 70 in like... one session. and since mostly all the skills are viable and there's no cost at all to change up what skills you're using it stays fun at level 70+ rather than being a total mindless grind

Worldshatter posted:

I could never get into games like Diablo, I mean I've tried but it just seems to turn into way too much of a grind for my liking.

u only run into grinding if you're going for "the optimal poo poo" but the thing is, like, nobody's forcing you to play on a difficulty level that requires optimal loot

diablo 3 is very good now, unlike when it launched, when it was loving terrible

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

really i mostly like the loving around with different ideas for builds and stuff; i also like making decks in netrunner or army lists in wargame alb or whatever. the problem is that all of the above just say 'here you go, here's all the pieces, make what you want' and most arpgs make you play for twenty hours before you get there

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

program666 posted:

framerate for borderlands 2 on the vita https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBj_A2OutJ4

Wow, that's comically poor. I'm glad I am not one of the poor saps who purchased a Vita.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

CJacobs posted:

Wow, that's comically poor. I'm glad I am not one of the poor saps who purchased a Vita.

I, personally, am extremely jealous of the poor saps who purchased a Vita

They get to play cool anime games like Ys, while I have to wait until I buy a Vita before I can also play the cool anime games

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CJacobs posted:

I'm glad I am not one of the poor saps who purchased a Vita.

mods?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Colonel posted:

I, personally, am extremely jealous of the poor saps who purchased a Vita

They get to play cool anime games like Ys, while I have to wait until I buy a Vita before I can also play the cool anime games

not true you can play cool anime games on your phone there's even a few on Steam. have you tried HuniePop? :twisted:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

precision posted:

not true you can play cool anime games on your phone there's even a few on Steam. have you tried HuniePop? :twisted:

yeah but there are cool anime games that aren't on my phone or on steam, too

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

fuckin lmao at anyone who purchased a sony handheld system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I'm guessing you probably don't know the psp has two monster hunters

• Locked thread