Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

KaosMachina posted:

So, that King's Quest game might be basically made on stolen money from the Homestuck Adventure Game Kickstarter.

Take it with a grain of salt, I suppose- it's at least partly secondhand info but I know this person and I trust them enough to not believe they'd lie about this sort of thing.
It's a miracle the homestuck game doesn't look like complete garbage, with this info in mind.

I'm glad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i legitimately have no idea what Homestuck is, and i am 100% sure that is a good thing

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

precision posted:

i legitimately have no idea what Homestuck is, and i am 100% sure that is a good thing

I know what Homestuck is and you are correct.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Honestly i just wanna know how TOG went from "artsy indie game that's actually not really indie" to "neil gaiman game" (it was apparently bad, by the way) to loving "King's Quest remake"

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Color Printer posted:

Honestly i just wanna know how TOG went from "artsy indie game that's actually not really indie" to "neil gaiman game" (it was apparently bad, by the way) to loving "King's Quest remake"

scumbag tactics attracted attention from acti-corp

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
They're making a physics based POG Championship game that's loaded with Free to Play Bullshit.

You buy digital pogs and you stack them up and each slammer will react differently to physics and bullshit.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
POG 25th Anniversary who actually plays the game edition

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
please I want a newly released game to consume my life, where is it

im too jaded all i do is scroll through pages of new releases on steam and say "meh"

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

THE PWNER posted:

im too jaded all i do is scroll through pages of new releases on steam and say "meh"

My Child, do you know of Monster Hunter 4G Ultimate for the 3ds?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

THE PWNER posted:

The Jerkcity dating sim

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The Jerkcity dating sim

> what about nuts
> what about balls
○ what about fat queer dicks

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
So the huge glitch in GTA Online that supposedly got fixed almost two years ago where it corrupts your singleplayer data when swapping from online to single player still exists on the PC......... nice, thanks

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

How in the hell do you get Trish's EX costume in DMC4SE?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

> what about nuts
> what about balls
○ what about fat queer dicks
It is actually a thing and it's amazing

http://jerkcityhd.tumblr.com/post/121547890883/dickmissiles-jerkdate-2k15-the-jerkening-is

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ox8secxl0hywszc/JERKDATE%202K15%20THE%20JERKENING.zip?dl=0

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

KaosMachina posted:

So, that King's Quest game might be basically made on stolen money from the Homestuck Adventure Game Kickstarter.

Take it with a grain of salt, I suppose- it's at least partly secondhand info but I know this person and I trust them enough to not believe they'd lie about this sort of thing.
It's a miracle the homestuck game doesn't look like complete garbage, with this info in mind.

that just makes me even more excite for kq9

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Devil May Cry 4 has got to be one of the biggest cases of people pulling a complete 180 on a game ever. When it came out all the fans hated it because it wasn't as good as 3 and you didn't to play as Dante much and it recycled every level and boss multiple times and was obviously built around Nero's abilities, and now the re-release thread is nothing but gushing praise and reminiscing about how amazing it was.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Can't wait for the turnaround on DmC

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

Can't wait for the turnaround on DmC

There already has been. It's pretty much general consensus that it's a good game. It just has bad humor and the combat is easy and more shallow than other games in the franchise.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if you never played a dmc game and wanted to check one out would you get:

1-3 in the hd collection for 360
4 special edition
or DmC definitive edition?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Nasgate posted:

There already has been. It's pretty much general consensus that it's a good game. It just has bad humor and the combat is easy and more shallow than other games in the franchise.

The humor is pretty good at times, it's a game that opens with your dude flying around naked with a slice of pizza covering his junk and later on he and a giant monster have a shouting match with each other and then you jump into a Fox News graphic and fight a literal talking head that is to Bill O'Reilly what Senator Armstrong was to Dick Cheney.

The serious parts are bad just like literally every other DMC, it's just angry punk teenager bad instead of weepy anime bullshit bad.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Nasgate posted:

There already has been. It's pretty much general consensus that it's a good game.
I have legit never seen praise for it anywhere

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sleeveless posted:

Devil May Cry 4 has got to be one of the biggest cases of people pulling a complete 180 on a game ever. When it came out all the fans hated it because it wasn't as good as 3 and you didn't to play as Dante much and it recycled every level and boss multiple times and was obviously built around Nero's abilities, and now the re-release thread is nothing but gushing praise and reminiscing about how amazing it was.

DMC4 has some huge problems after revisiting it and bayonetta was a much better game

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

if you never played a dmc game and wanted to check one out would you get:

1-3 in the hd collection for 360
4 special edition
or DmC definitive edition?

1 and 3 and stop there and play bayonetta

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

DMC4 has some huge problems after revisiting it and bayonetta was a much better game

The reuse of levels is pretty bad in DMC4, but the actual gameplay is great, and the new characters in the special edition are cool and fun additions. Bayonetta is still better, but Bayonetta is also basically the best example of the genre.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The combat in DMC4 is extremely clunky imo and I don't understand how anyone has fun playing it

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

CJacobs posted:

The combat in DMC4 is extremely clunky imo and I don't understand how anyone has fun playing it

The METAL MUSIC

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

theultimo posted:

The METAL MUSIC

THE TIME HAS COME

AND SO HAVE I

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I have legit never seen praise for it anywhere

Well yeah, it isn't the best at its own game, and it doesn't introduce anything new.

It's kind of like when a new dynasty warriors comes out, it's good, but man it's not a notable game.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
DmC is pretty fun i guess. the cut scenes are hilarious too. then again i never really liked any game in the series after the first one :shrug:

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Those who think Giant Bomb has lost its touch, welp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8dpJyAnQcc

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
devil may cry 1 and 3 are extremely fun

i played a bit of dmc4:se as vergil in bloody palace at anime expo yesterday and it was fun, i plan on eventually buying it. dmc games, and character action games in general, feel very awkward if you are not used to them, but once you get used to the controls then if they're good they tend to be a blast

and tbh i don't really know if a lot of people ever actually hated dmc4, the general consensus from people in the dmc thread is "very good, but generally not as good as dmc3" and even then people have levelled plenty of criticism at both dmc3 and dmc4's boss fights

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jul 5, 2015

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Dmc4 let me throw around a giant titty snake with my ghost hand and then later after flirting with her and cutting her in half she gave me the power to shoryuken. Good game.

My only complaint is how many drat weapons Dante gets and how little you get to play with some of them.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

anyone have any opinions on Hand of Fate? looks fun from watching on youtube

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Seeing the Godzilla trailer from earlier in this thread made me think of war of the monsters, and made me once again wish they came out with a new one for ps4. Also led me to find that's available As a download from the psn store!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Never heard a bad thing about it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ciaphas posted:

the combat is kind of too floaty and a bit repetitive but overall it's really fun if random bullshit is extremely your poo poo, and i mean that in a good way

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Decided to play a gimmick game in LttP where I get all the dungeon items and move on to the next without beating the boss. The idea was to go back and kill old bosses after I get juiced with the gold sword and silver arrows and all that poo poo (I had to beat the ice and swamp bosses to do that, though). Just for kicks or whatever.

well so much for that because the game bugged out and now I can't get through the second dungeon because all the doors are locked again but I can't re-collect the keys! :buddy:

I can't figure out higan's cheat editor for the life of me. I can probably hack in the keys if I knew how :(

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
link, lets do four hours of tutorials before you can fly anywhere interesting

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

corn in the bible posted:

link, lets do four hours of tutorials before you can fly anywhere interesting

There's never anywhere interesting to fly to in that game, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

NEW mobile RAYMAN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRjXVjmb9nw

• Locked thread