Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Someone in the last thread mentioned Sin and Punishment and that it apparently owned and I thought "Oh hey I have that game on the Wii VC and haven't played it yet" so I decided to start it up and honestly I'm not sure where the love for it comes from. It's cool and all, and actually looks and feels like an arcade game, but it has some wicked bad control problems. Maybe it's better on a N64 controller, but both Wii Classic and GameCube controllers aren't exactly the best to use with it, no matter what control scheme you set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Accordion Man posted:

V's story is dumb but the writers/translators knew it was its so its a lot more fun than the later FFs in that regard. 4, 5, and 6 was when the series was at its peak.

was gonna post a screenshot that i made during my last ff5 game of exdeath saying "MWAHAHA I DISGUISED MYSELF AS A STICK!" or some such but I can't find it :(

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

SMRPG will always be one of my favorite games ever. Everything about it is god drat perfect.

Heavy Lobster posted:

SMRPG is just about the perfect length for a structured RPG, I think. As much as I love the first two Paper Marios, it's easy to stall out just short of the end in both of them.

I played through 99% of thousand year door and burned out literally just before the final boss. gently caress that game is long but it's hella good and better than anything else from the franchise released since. I should see if I can find a copy of it somewhere but chances are it costs like a billion dollars by now :(

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Shinjobi posted:

Well...SE finally caved and remade FF7, so.......

pretty sure Nintendo owns 100% of SMRPG that isn't the music used during the Culex dialog/battle.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

well in that case I want to see geno in kh3

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Mods please rename thread to The Sanctity of This Place has been Fouled

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

fuckin lmao at anyone who purchased a sony handheld system

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

program666 posted:

I'm guessing you probably don't know the psp has two monster hunters

okay and there's like 20 other mh games that are not (or not exclusively) on sony handhelds????

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I really like ff3, but they improved everything good (and fixed everything bad) about it in ff5 so I don't feel much point in playing it anymore

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

hubris.height posted:

i have ff3 on the ds and have not finished it yet, or really played it yet

Don't ever play this abomination hth

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

hubris.height posted:

is it as horrifying as the game boy luffia games?

I dunno, as I've never played them, but the ds version of ff3 is just loving awful so don't play it please

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Only thing I had from the 'katz was a n64 RF connector and it was a piece of loving poo poo that would bleed colors and cause the sound to clip.

All of those rich colors in mischief makers and mystical ninja? Washed the gently caress out because I had to turn the saturation down to see anything. All the explosions in turok and GoldenEye? Unbearably crackly unless I turned the TV down to inaudible volumes.

I was smart enough to not buy their controllers at least, but none of my friends were.

so long you piece of poo poo :patriot:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

CJacobs posted:

how to make a third party controller i will buy: make it less than 60 loving dollars so i don't have to buy the licensed ones

I had a SNES controller that was also compatible with the Genesis (:iiam:) and it was great because all the buttons had different TURBO SPEED options.

it even had a "slow motion" switch that would just rapid-fire the Start button! (it was awful lmao)

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

KaosMachina posted:

stolen from the Homestuck

good

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Decided to play a gimmick game in LttP where I get all the dungeon items and move on to the next without beating the boss. The idea was to go back and kill old bosses after I get juiced with the gold sword and silver arrows and all that poo poo (I had to beat the ice and swamp bosses to do that, though). Just for kicks or whatever.

well so much for that because the game bugged out and now I can't get through the second dungeon because all the doors are locked again but I can't re-collect the keys! :buddy:

I can't figure out higan's cheat editor for the life of me. I can probably hack in the keys if I knew how :(

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

precision posted:

Garnet wasn't Dagger yet, i think?

This happens in like the first 1.5 hours of the game. Are you thinking of the scene where she cuts her hair?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

CJacobs posted:

In non framerate news I have been playing The Evil Within in July thanks to grabbing it for 12 dollars.

I was extremely interested in the evil within because it's a shameless re4 clone.

then I discovered that it doesn't have the goofy campiness of re4 and I don't like the sound of that one bit!!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

CJacobs posted:

The game also has pretty good stealth mechanics

haha yeah okay sure buddy

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I remember my sister and I loved Maniac Mansion as kids. I'll probably find it outrageously creepy now that I know what adult baby diaper lovers are because of Turner the giant baby.

It wasn't until years later when I discovered it used to be a video game. I think I read it in Nintendo Power #100 where the NES version was on the TOP ONE HUNDRED GAMES EVER list

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Playing through Twilight Princess again got me thinking. Are there any "Zelda clones" out there? Metroidvanias are kind of a dime-a-dozen these days so I'm wondering if anything really captures that ol' Zelda formula in the same way.

All I can think of is Okami and Darksiders.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Real hurthling! posted:

alundra on ps1

fruitpunch posted:

Alundra on PSX is a good ALTTP clone if that's your thing.

Oh I forgot about Alundra! One of those games I've always meant to check out. Thanks for the suggestion :cheers:

precision posted:

the binding of isaac

In the same way that Rogue Legacy is a Metroidvania? No thanks...

I guess Wonderboy 6 / Monster World 4 counts as a Zelda 2 clone but I wasn't going in that direction.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Stux posted:

i dont understand this pos tbecause roguelegacy owns

Oh it does, don't get me wrong! I just foolishly went into it not expecting any roguelike mechanics. I actually thought it was a Castlevania clone because I was too dumb to read a single word about it before playing.

Once I got the hang of it I started to like it more.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

PerniciousKnid posted:

Beyond Good & Evil.

Another game I meant to play but hadn't yet. Once again I thank you goons for the great videogame recommendations! I was under the impression BG&E was more akin to Spyro or B-K than Zelda though.

And I'm sorry, posters from two threads ago that told me to not give Ubisoft money, but I swear BG&E will be my last purchase.

Also thanks everyone for not suggesting Star Fox Adventures

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Okay, good to know. Does it have the whole 'Go through dungeon, find item, kill boss' sort of thing? Also:

PerniciousKnid posted:

I haven't played B-K

wtf???

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

CJacobs posted:

I hope you can change the FOV in No Man's Sky

Why? Do you intend to buy/play it?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Broseph Brostar posted:

Those are precious moments that should be spent gaming

this guy gets it

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/top-songs-diddy/

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

idgi is cortana fat now or something?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I want to see games like Turok 2 again where you can carry in the neighborhood of 16 or 18 weapons at one time.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The Taint Reaper posted:

What's going on how did Xbox One start doing good things with games????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYbU1uKPaGU

I never wanted an xbone until I discovered blast corps is included on this compilation and that alone makes the $400 for a new console worth it

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The Taint Reaper posted:

The Xbox one now has more N64 games on it than the Wii-U.

hosed up if tru

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Real hurthling! posted:

can't you emulate n64

Yes but it's a gigantic pain in the rear end

lmao what?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The only 360 games I care about are basically Banjo Kazooie/tooie, perfect dark, and re4 at this point. First three are covered on the rare collection and re4 will probably be ported to the bone anyway like it was with every other system on earth so I'm content not playing it again

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

SquadronROE posted:

Cool thanks. Do I need the XL or is the original decent? I haven't held one in years.

Yes. I couldn't believe how tiny the standard 3ds is when I first saw it (but then I have giant gorilla hands). There's no reason to not get an XL.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I might end up being One of Those People who buys a game without owning the console because I really want Xenoblade X but I have no plans on getting a wiiu any time soon

times like this makes me miss my really bad ex-roommate who had all the videogames/consoles in the world

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

LORD OF BUTT posted:

did you never play Turok on N64, game had eh controls on the whole but it had a weapon wheel that worked fine iirc in like 1997-1998

Turok 2 even had a quick wheel that I never used because I preferred the classic one

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Stux posted:

its fine for what its used for at this point, which is attachments, killstreaks, whatever, stuff that you arent pressing constantly and a mispress doesnt kill you. hopefully ps4 taking the lead and having a solid dpad will help make devs happier to put stuff on there again

The xbone dpad is actually good. Best one since the snes imo

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Broseph Brostar posted:

I want some xbone controllers just for the PC, but I don't trust windows 10

It works on windows 7 and 8 just fine :confused:

I played through F:NV and AC2 on my 8.1 computer and my gf is using it for skyrim right now on her win7 computer

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Real hurthling! posted:

do you have to use it wired if you don't have Windows 10?

Yeah dude they come with a standard micro USB cable just plug that fucker in and play!

E: oh apparently it doesn't come with a cable but whatever it's still a standard USB cable you find everywhere. We just use one that came with a phone charger lol

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jul 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lol nope ff1 NES owns sorry

• Locked thread