Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
GTA5 for me, and also Dark Souls 2 SotFS. I'm currently on Fume Knight in the latter, and I don't like it one bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

bloodychill posted:

A big part of the SNES ones and other games from the era like Chronotrigger and Mario RPG is you can be like "I'mma go play this FF4" and go just burn through it in 3-4 nights because they're relatively short and sweet.

SMRPG is just about the perfect length for a structured RPG, I think. As much as I love the first two Paper Marios, it's easy to stall out just short of the end in both of them.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Every time I see the thread title I think of how games already has its own Terry Gilliam, and it's Guillermo Del Toro.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Ori and the Blind Forest is a pretty real good Metroidvania, although I don't think it has anything in the way of sequence breaking. It's less freeform than the genre is in general but it makes up for it.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

So the huge glitch in GTA Online that supposedly got fixed almost two years ago where it corrupts your singleplayer data when swapping from online to single player still exists on the PC......... nice, thanks

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Are there any fun gimmick runs in the first Paper Mario other than waiting to upgrade health last? Unlike TTYD, BP caps at 30, so you can't just level it up for almost the entire game, and I can't really think of anything other than maybe blowing a lot of money on Chet Rippo and living with the consequences.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

See, that means it's ripe for replaying. Although I'd recommend replaying something a little better.

FF9 has no awesome bits, unless you count making the hidden superboss a beach ball.

:yikes:

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

This av was given to me in the Guild Wars 2 thread a while back as part of a matching set but I don't really play GW2 anymore and there are a lot of things I'd rather spend 5 bucks on than an av related to my namesake. It's the only av I've ever had, and I have the OG tag anyway, so I'm ok with it.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Motto posted:

I mean they could do that for NX too if they wanted to keep this dumb thing going.

There is literally no reason why they would not.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

T'reaped again

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

My partner and I just got a Wii U and I'd like to transfer my Wii data to it, but I remember having to fiddle with something in my Wii to play Project M. I think I used the SD card version rather than jailbreaking the whole thing, but would there be any problems transferring system data to the Wii U either way, or does the data that gets transferred nowhere near what Project M touches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

it won't transfer homebrew poo poo. it will transfer everything else.

Good, thanks! As long as I don't brick my Wii backwards compatability on day 2 I am happy.

• Locked thread