Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Sin and Punishment was fun up until the final boss, which was utter bullshit even on Easy, like you can barely screw up at all. Never beat the game because of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
V's story is dumb but the writers/translators knew it was its so its a lot more fun than the later FFs in that regard. 4, 5, and 6 was when the series was at its peak.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Also 5 gave us the best Final Fantasy character, Gilgamesh.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Heavy Lobster posted:

Every time I see the thread title I think of how games already has its own Terry Gilliam, and it's Guillermo Del Toro.
Seriously, dude already had three games fall through.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

precision posted:

ugh

that doesn't sound like it's even remotely my poo poo :\
Have you played Shadow of Mordor yet? It's real fun.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
If you don't like Dadjokes you aren't welcome on this site.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Porky is straight up a selfish overgrown manchild with that overglorifies and obsesses over his childhood to the point that he thought Ness and pals were his friends when really he never had any because he we was always an rear end in a top hat.

Porky is the Ubergoon.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Ciaphas posted:

I'm going to go on a Metroidvania-sort of ish binge, I've got Ori and the Blind Forest, Axiom Verge, Valdis Story to play

I also need to buy Guacamelee apparently, but there's Super Turbo Championship Edition and Gold Edition on Steam, which do I want?

(And which should I play first)
Super Turbo.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Ciaphas posted:

Athankyuh

People elsewhere have suggested I play Ori first since I don't have a coop partner for Guacamelee, is that a fair thing to do or shall I play Mexican Wrestling Simulator Or Whatever It Is first
Guacamelee is perfectly fine single-player.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Shadow Hearts 1 being a preorder bonus for 2 really helped circulate more copies. I picked 1 at a local Gamestop a few years ago. I'm glad of I've got copies of all 3 and Koudelka, though the latter is getting a PC emulation port soon.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The Taint Reaper posted:

The PS2 has poo poo that people don't even realize was released for it. Like Both Space Channel 5 games were released on the PS2 in America under a single compilation.

Or Falling Stars which has art direction that will make your eyes bleed.
Killer 7 and Viewtiful Joe too.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The Colonel posted:

"That's the kind of thing you say to your boyfriend, when you're kissing him goodbye."

Yeah, between this and RUNNING MAN I'm gonna have to finish MG2 after all. Even if Metal Gear 1 and 2 have a ton of issues, they have the best boss names, like SHOT MAKER and DIRTY DUCK.
Don't forget MACHINE GUN KID.

I hope Kojima brought those guys back for Phantom Pain.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

precision posted:

:ninja: edit: planescape torment also has a passable story and great setting, too bad it falls apart completely in the last act
What? No it doesn't, the ending is great (Like one of the very best video game endings period great), at least narratively.

You should play Torment and just cheat, the combat sucks, but everything else, including the roleplaying, is great.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

precision posted:

The ending is great, but the third act as a whole is a mess.
Yeah, Curst sucked, but if you cheat it won't be a problem.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Jon Do posted:

curious what your av is from; is that the dude from black sails? am I missing new black sails where he has a revolver instead of a flintlock?
It's Barry from Resident Evil Revelations 2.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Ciaphas posted:

Seems to have a much more amusing premise, anyway

Is it more platforming or exploration focused? Ori was more platforming/movement and combat than exploration/finding hidden poo poo, and I really liked that about it
It's more focused on beat-em-up style combat and platforming.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Anyone who can't play Guacamelee because of the memes deserves to get mocked.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Kewpuh posted:

not really
Yeah, REMake is almost its own game, its quite different to the original RE1.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The Taint Reaper posted:

Oh I only played into part of the mansion for the Original before shelving it and playing RE 2 because it had dual shock controls.

The remake is the one I beat and the beginning part seemed pretty exact as far as everything went for the original.
It starts deviating more as the game goes on, like for example the new enemies they added give the game even more tension and fear like Lisa and the Crimson Heads.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Ciaphas posted:

Finished Guacamelee. Darned good game, though some of those platforming challenges were utter bastards near the end, jesus. Got a bad ending though, I assume you get better by beating it on Hard, but ehn.
No, you need to get pieces of this mask throughout the game, which are usually behind some real twitch platforming stuff. Personally I think the bad ending is better than the good one.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Super Turbo also balanced the game more because Gold had some ridiculous difficulty spikes.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
No Man's Sky just screamed "pie in the sky pipe dream game that's just going to be totally mediocre if it ever actually comes out" during last year's E3 so I'm glad it hasn't disappointed.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Ekster posted:

Please be more specific.
They're referring to No Man's Sky.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
You should try beating Sinistar's high score, which hasn't been beaten in thirty years.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I liked Undying, but the final boss was garbage.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Persona 4 is a real good game, so no.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Now join us as we wait and not get any more trailers or new information for Persona 5.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The Taint Reaper posted:

Persona 4 will be in persona 5. You will open Persona 5 and realize it's Persona 4:Part 5.

Think of it as Reverse Metal gear Solid 2. like You start with lovely characters but they fake you out and 90% of the game is played with the awesome persona 4 cast.
But the P5 cast already have more swag than the P4 cast.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I would like a Black Dynamite beat-em-up please.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I loved my SR3/4 Boss, he was this Jim Kelly-esque 70's kung-fu guy that wore a purple polka dot dress and gogo boots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Not to mention Dragon Quest, Toriyama's main JRPG gig.

• Locked thread