Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

program666 posted:

lol

lol

lol

LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

anime is good especially on 3DS

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

At least the sequel has a much simpler control scheme, which is nunchuk to move and evade, Wiimote to aim and fire.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

Supposedly Square owns the rights to Geno and Mallow, but actually confirming any info related to SMRPG IP rights is basically impossible.

There was a Geno cameo in one of the Mario & Luigi games, necessitating a mention of SE in the credits, so I suppose they do.

e:

quote:

Regardless of the above-mentioned,
the copyright of Character "Geno",
reserved by SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I never had one, but didn't the PSP have a decent library by the end?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

precision posted:

i think there should be an FF3 job fiesta also :get in:

That'd be an awful idea for a plethora of reasons. The chief one being that FF3 is bad.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

better than on pc

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nasgate posted:

The problem with JRPGs is that it's very easy for developers to slap on a simple turn based system and add artificial grind and call it "challenging" or "rewarding" gameplay.
Add anime tittays and it will sell.

They don't really though. Crap like Neptunia only profits through extreme cost-cutting.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Cardboard Box A posted:

What the hell is going on with Devil's Third?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqWfcPfxnmc

It's really bad.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

:( gently caress

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Stux posted:

wait game stores in the US havnt had stupid amounts of retro stuff sitting about before now w.tf.

in any decent sized town there'll be some game/general media store that has a bunch of old videogame stuff

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

i don't know anything about star citizen other than it's probably never going to be fully completed and you spend a lot of money on virtual spaceships

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

someone told me avgn was funny once but i couldn't get past the 46 second intro song he put in all his videos about eating out a skunks bhole.

anything over 8 seconds is probably too long. anything approaching a minute is boneheaded.

Even as somebody who liked the AVGN, that guy was only entertaining when he wasn't doing the dumb cursing loser bit. So of course he made an hour long video all about that which is probably unbearable to watch.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Broseph Brostar posted:

Yeah I remember not having any clue why people were hyped for it at E3 2014. Game has looked like boring poo poo since day one.

It only got hype because it was the one interesting thing to be shown at VGX other than Joel McHale heckling Geoff for hours.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

I've read the amiibo thread and it doesn't seem I'm missing much.

Besides the amiibos will be scrapped and useless when the NX comes out.

don't see how they couldn't at least make a dumb scanner accessory like for the old3DS, it'd work since amiiboys love owning tons of useless nintendo plastic

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

codenameFANGIO posted:

They are doing that though.

I mean they could do that for NX too if they wanted to keep this dumb thing going.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

the Game Cube Wii and Wii U have had some great Nintendo games that I enjoyed a great deal, and I have not regretted owning a single one. give me a hell yeah if you agree, or just sit back and let your taint get reaped.

and either way you could either one up for $30 or something after their time was up

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

theultimo posted:

Is it a bad sign that in the past 2 days, I've played more p4g then anything?

it's a pretty good dating sim I guess

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Cardboard Box A posted:

Look at that sales decline

That's what happens when you actually have competition after only having incompetent rivals during the 80s and early 90s.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Quest For Glory II posted:

heres what nintendo needs to do, they should *farts out of own mouth*

thank you mr. malstrom

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

Mario Kart 8 still does not have a functioning battle mode after all this time, something that the n64 was able to pull off was somehow unable to be done on a piece of modern machinery.

lazily made isn't nonfunctioning

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

icantfindaname posted:

korea is one of the only countries on earth worse than japan just fyi

imagine japan but poorer and with evangelical christian zealots everywhere, also everyone's a hypernationalist and the literal daughter of the strongman dictator who ran the country for decades is the president to this day

as incredibly depressing as japanese work life sounds, I don't think you could call any first world nation one of the worst on earth

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Mak0rz posted:

lmao what?

I think there are 360 emulators in the sense that there are PS3 emulators, they can probably only do things like run the menus of indie games at 2 FPS.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Mak0rz posted:

I finally started playing Skyward Sword and it's pretty good. I feel that the game could easily be among the best in the series if it wasn't designed to be Nintendo's waggle controls swan song.

I could probably even live with using motion controls for combat and aiming weapons if I could just swim/fly/use the god drat beetle item with a loving control stick because tilting the wiimote for that poo poo is just aggressively unfun :argh:

For some reason Zelda devs can't limit a gimmick to where it would make sense, they have to go whole hog with it and not provide any alternative options. Another example would be the DS Zeldas, where they crammed in every system gimmick that they could, the worst being forcing you to use the mic to play that loving flute, even though most other devs (including other Nintendo developers) had stopped forcing touchscreen and mic features into every single game after 2004/5.

It's sad because I think SS and the DS Zeldas do have some pretty good ideas in them and despite having some big design flaws, I think a lot of the hate would be reduced if you either had more control options or the devs just didn't force touch/motion/mic gimmicks where they didn't add anything whatsoever, like the swimming/flying issues you mentioned.

Motto fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jul 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

arcsig posted:

Who's excited for Zelda U?

I'm not too worried about that with regards to the WiiU Zelda. When PH and SS were revealed, their respective gimmicks were at the forefront of their reveal trailers and demonstrations, while all they've shown off with Zelda and the Gamepad is mapping and waypoint placement. I foresee them using the gyroscope for aiming, but that worked well and was optional in the 3DS ports of the N64 games.

Motto fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jul 27, 2015

• Locked thread