Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

hubris.height posted:

4 job fiesta owns. it's really cool that a simple change can turn a solved game into a fun new challenge and that any party comp can beat the game eventually

i can't do it. I like making all the job points go up, and collecting blue magic spells for the whole party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Ex Death is basically just an evil tree whole's really mean, and it's great.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Man, I haven't played original SMRPG in years. Maybe I should. I'm excited to get to the three Zelda games I've never played, probably before the end of the year, at which point a fourth one will have released.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The playstation ones were fun too, though.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I have already had the Final Fantasy 9 discussion, so I will just say that many of the Final Fantasy games are fun and this guy is an rear end in a top hat.

Ekster posted:

FF9 was boring crap, just like all the NES/SNES Final Fantasies.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

imp zone is fun. it doesn't see a lot of activity, but that is okay.

i missed avatar chat, but i know who bought me three out of the seven angry avatars people have bought for me. i think i knew who bought the last batch of samus ones, but i forget.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

This is literally Porky's final monologue in Mother 3.

pokey is basically every person who is angry on the internet.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

that prorat guy should be permabanned from posting in this forum and from playing video games.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

precision posted:

what nintendo game is everyone gonna play today in memorium RIP :japan:

e: i'mma play super mario 3d land (world? the 3DS one) because i still haven't loving 100%d that fucker

I will probably play Twilight Princess with my wife, on the way to our 100 percent all Zelda completion quest, and maybe some more Mario 3D world. I'm currently in the last level of, I think world 6? It's the one with the train, and I'm having difficulty getting all the stars in it.

We'll pour out some chu jelly for Iwata.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

You need to start the level with a cat power up, if it's the train I think it is. I mean you don't HAVE to, but it's way easier.

Are you getting the gold flag every level?

Yup, and also the stamp. I've had to go back for a few of them, but playing as Peach helps, because the float almost always gets me there.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Peach is the best when it comes to my pole activity, is all I was saying.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

when i was a teenager i used to think about how cool it would be to have the actual arcade cabinet for TMNT 2 or the Simpsons Arcade Game in my mansion when i got rich, but i think even if i had a mansion, there are probably better ways to play both of those games if i really, really wanted to.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

people have been trying to figure out why this is true for like 100 years.

Some guy in Great Yarmouth: Gosh, why the heck do movies look okay in 24 frames per second but video games don't?
Guy's friend: What are you talking about? We're about to die from the zeppelin bombs, you bloody idiot!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I bet you couldn't even bring a 3DS into a foxhole, because the little lights and sounds would attract German bullets.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

precision posted:

How is the smug face of willy wonka not the most timeless and epic thing, come on

I prefer the animated gif of him doing the angry "YOU LOSE! GOOD DAY SIR!"

applicable to many gaming situations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mario: Uh, Peach? I was a-wondering about that cake...
Peach: You STOLE thousands of gold coins! You bumped into our paintings, which now have to be washed and restored so you get NOTHING! You LOSE! Good DAY, sir!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

All this talk about food made me order some, because I've been sick and haven't eaten all day.

I never used to get sick and now it seems like twice a fuckin' year this happens.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'd settle for watching someone eat a tangerine.

*nods* It is hard to find people who will get to the higher levels of Pac Man.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

KILLSCREEN should be a sci-fi action thriller movie from the late 1980s, starring Arnold.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i love creativity and pushing the boundaries of the medium, but i also love leveling up and collecting things.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i am too busy playing zelda for that. i just beat the first dungeon in phantom hourglass, which made me blow on the screen, and obscenely told me to rub my stylus.

i didn't know you could jump across some of the pits, and my wife solved that puzzle for me. the boss was p. hard because you have to look at two screens at once.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

Phantom Hourglass is my third favorite Zelda and some of the best utilization of the DS hardware from Nintendo in that gen, it's such an awesome game, enjoy

I have been really impressed with how intuitive the motion controls are so far. I'm looking forward to more of it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

corn in the bible posted:

dont play spirit tracks

i'm going to, that's next. i have to play them all.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Seriously don't. It's bad in ways that are very unfun.

i know, i have heard. :(

my wife and i undertook a quest to play every zelda game though, and if i can somehow play four swords, i imagine i can deal with the spirit tracks. the good news is that after that one and skyward sword (which i already played), we get ALBW (which i haven't played yet).

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Spirit Tracks is literally the only Zelda game I would recommend skipping, and it's a series that has a number of weird and flawed games. Spirit Tracks is just awful.

well the upside will be that you can all laugh at my pain. i'll play my hero mode file on windwaker HD while i do it, so i don't lose my mind.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Stux posted:

amiibos are the worst thing to happen to gaming since dlc. in fact they are worse than normal dlc.

actually, nobody has made a stux amiibo yet.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the Game Cube Wii and Wii U have had some great Nintendo games that I enjoyed a great deal, and I have not regretted owning a single one. give me a hell yeah if you agree, or just sit back and let your taint get reaped.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

PS2 is definitely a primo console, so much so that the wife and i are considering buying a used one just to play some of the old games after we finish our Zeldathon.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

I just beat Katamari Damacy today on my PS2. The PS2 is a very good console. Why do you not already own a PS2, friend?!?

Mine was jointly owned by my brothers and I, and as the oldest brother, I let them keep it when I departed for college, as my roommate had one. One of my brothers still has it, and it still works great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

I think you can get one for like $30 so do it right away!

that's my plan. after Zelda, we're going to play some Final Fantasy classics.

• Locked thread