Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

PotatoManJack posted:

I like how British people go "Pip pip tally-ho you tally-wacker. Cheerio governor!" whenever they talk. It's like they're all living in Merry Poppins.

But yeah, that's about all they have

Mary Poppins was hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Haverchuck posted:

i guess that depends if most europeans have sought it out. its not really that great, its just a side item thats usually served with other stuff

Have you ever had real southern cornbread? poo poo is moist, sweet, and freaking delicious.

E: also, what the british and yankees call tea is a travesty :colbert:

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Have you ever had real southern cornbread? poo poo is moist, sweet, and freaking delicious.

you might want to have a quick glance at the last 20 posts or so. ill let this slide for now

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

This is a 100% accurate representation of what happens to me when a foreigner criticizes america to me. Right down to the stupid memes and racist carictures.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Haverchuck posted:

you might want to have a quick glance at the last 20 posts or so. ill let this slide for now

See, that's what I get for assuming it wouldn't be commented on :smith:

gently caress it, my post stands. Cornbread done right is a meal all its own, not a side like some red headed step child.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...
I think it's pretty much indisputable that British people are on average uglier than Americans and also do a lot of navel-gazing about themselves but are remembered historically as an empire the rest of the world hated.

But the real question is how, not why, are British people so ugly? I submit it is because their bodies acquire the same sloppy, sludge-like aesthetic of various staple English dishes and also they're all filthy alcoholics

rest his guts fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jul 2, 2015

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
As an American I felt jealous of the UK about one thing: when I lived in Britain for a year my accent never got me any pussy. When my british mate came to America, he was drowning in pussy as soon as he spoke out loud.

British men really need to take a trip to America.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

rest his guts posted:

I think it's pretty much indisputable that British people are on average uglier than Americans and also do a lot of navel-gazing about an Empire the rest of the world hated yet the British are insufferably proud of.

But the real question is how, not why, are British people so ugly? I submit it is because their bodies acquire the same sloppy, sludge-like aesthetic of various staple English dishes and also they're all filthy alcoholics

Its a tiny island that has been loving itself for centuries. In breeding does weird stuff.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

*op makes thread asking why british hate americans*

*british posters reply that this isn't the case*

*thread is overrun by americans attempting to do brutal owns on britain and talking about how much they hate it*

hmmmm

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012

not really, more like jealous of their neighboring european countries that can claim to have better food than america with a straight face

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

rest his guts posted:

I think it's pretty much indisputable that British people are on average uglier than Americans and also do a lot of navel-gazing about themselves but are remembered historically as an empire the rest of the world hated.

guy with replacements av/username talks about ugly people.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me

opus111 posted:

*thread is overrun by americans attempting to do brutal owns on britain and talking about how much they hate it*

hmmmm

*american goes to england, buys a soda, tries to throw it away but can't because there aren't any trash cans anywhere because of the IRA or some other gay antagonistically British crap*

Haverchuck posted:

guy with replacements av/username talks about ugly people.

Tommy and Paul were handsome

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~

KirbyKhan posted:

As an American I felt jealous of the UK about one thing: when I lived in Britain for a year my accent never got me any pussy. When my british mate came to America, he was drowning in pussy as soon as he spoke out loud.

KirbyKhan posted:

You've been caught in your own lie. Nobody from America would say "british mate". Try again.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

A. Beaverhausen posted:

See, that's what I get for assuming it wouldn't be commented on :smith:

gently caress it, my post stands. Cornbread done right is a meal all its own, not a side like some red headed step child.

tbh man, theres room in the world for more than one cornbread recipe and thats what makes it great

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
British people can never be my true friends, they have to settle for mate

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

opus111 posted:

hmmmm

Opus, I kind of remember a bunch of British posters poo poo talking England in a thread and you defending it to even your fellow countrymen.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

KirbyKhan posted:

British people can never be my true friends, they have to settle for mate

I've never heard an American say "mate", ever.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
WHen it comes down to it British people are just less human than Americans. They are 'proper' which subsequently makes them the coldest people on the face of the God's Earth.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Opus, I kind of remember a bunch of British posters poo poo talking England in a thread and you defending it to even your fellow countrymen.

theres an active britain thread in gbs and they hate absolutely everything. its unbelievable

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

rest his guts posted:

WHen it comes down to it British people are just less human than Americans. They are 'proper' which subsequently makes them the coldest people on the face of the God's Earth.

No dude, Eskimos are way colder. That's why they bundle up.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

A. Beaverhausen posted:

drat right because they're idiots with zero perspective. 90% of english people = endless whinging about how much their life sucks and how they hate the country they live in, sat in rooms with central heating with plenty of food in the cupboard and half the world's history on their doorstep while a good portion of the world starves to death.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Haverchuck posted:

theres an active britain thread in gbs and they hate absolutely everything. its unbelievable

its embarrassing.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

SweetKarma posted:

You've been caught in your own lie. Nobody from America would say "british mate". Try again.

Good work, detective.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

opus111 posted:

its embarrassing.

to be fair, the way I understand it is that complaining about something in the UK is a common way to make small talk or, "break the ice"

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

burritolingus posted:

Good work, detective.

Try FBI agent, get on my level. Scrub.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Haverchuck posted:

to be fair, the way I understand it is that complaining about something in the UK is a common way to make small talk or, "break the ice"

Is there anything else to say in the U.K? Honestly dude, if you took away the nasty-rear end fried cod, the constant rain, the reeking breath of every Brit, the ongoing foreign invasion that's being ignored by their government, British cars, British beer, British dental hygeine, British architecture, British transportation, the rampant alcoholism, British safety laws, and Cricket, then what the hell would be left to talk about?

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

fakeaccount posted:

Is there anything else to say in the U.K? Honestly dude, if you took away the nasty-rear end fried cod, the constant rain, the reeking breath of every Brit, the ongoing foreign invasion that's being ignored by their government, British cars, British beer, British dental hygeine, British architecture, British transportation, the rampant alcoholism, British safety laws, and Cricket, then what the hell would be left to talk about?

the ongoing foreign invasion thats being ignored by their government. Tell me more about that, in great detail

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
anything to say about multiculturalism or the media while we're on the topic?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

fakeaccount posted:

Soccer.

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

Mary Poppins was hot.

would

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

KirbyKhan posted:

lmao

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Cricket. The gayest sport on the planet.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

SweetKarma posted:

Cricket. The gayest sport on the planet.

I'm from Australia where I think we're the best at cricket in the world.

It still sucks

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

our government doesn't blow up entire towers just for a laugh, just trains

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Haverchuck posted:

anything to say about multiculturalism or the media while we're on the topic?

Yeah, you're gay for those things.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Haverchuck is gay for multiculturalism and the media. Also, idk, kippers or whatever weird poo poo British people eat.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

PotatoManJack posted:

I'm from Australia where I think we're the best at cricket in the world.

It still sucks

one time I was having lunch (beer) in a Fado Brand Irish Pub and this was the only place in town that played soccer on their televisions. A very neatly dressed black guy came in and was instantly absorbed in the soccer action. He was bobbing and weaving hardcore along with his futbol heroes, and this went on for a few minutes. Suddenly, a call was made and he sat bolt upright in his barstool and he shouted out loud, "No Penalty. THANK YOU!" It was really funny to me because he acted and sounded exactly like Carlton from fresh prince. thanks for reading.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
Baseball, Basketball, (American) Football. The only sports that matter.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

fakeaccount posted:

Yeah, you're gay for those things.

are you sure man? nothing to say about people from pakistan maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
If it doesn't have "ball" in the name just loving get out.

• Locked thread