Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Man, I forgot just how poor a public speaker Bush was. For all the poo poo we give Obama's verbal tics, he's so far beyond what Bush was capable of, in that he can actually speak words.

I miss the days when the thing to talk about was "Bush talks funny lol"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
lmao "if the bush administration is as badly behaved as the democrats were for the past 8 years, you can be sure we'll give them a hard time on fox news"

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Bill O'reilly: "If the Republicans get out of hand like the Democrats did the last 8 years, give me a call."

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Jagchosis posted:

lmao "if the bush administration is as badly behaved as the democrats were for the past 8 years, you can be sure we'll give them a hard time on fox news"

It's kind of amazing how nobody could've predicted the course American political discourse would take

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
I don't think I'll actually be able to re-watch the Bush presidency playback like this, the memories are making me physically ill.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

I don't think I'll actually be able to re-watch the Bush presidency playback like this, the memories are making me physically ill.

we're not even to 9/11 yet

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

It's kind of having the opposite effect for me, I'm almost getting kind of nostalgic for such a clear and unambiguous enemy. I feel like I'm suddenly closer to understanding the commie fixation some people have.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Cabbit posted:

It's kind of having the opposite effect for me, I'm almost getting kind of nostalgic for such a clear and unambiguous enemy. I feel like I'm suddenly closer to understanding the commie fixation some people have.

And we're still in the 'hilariously incompetent' phase of Bush presidency; just wait for the 'hateful warmongerer' part coming up

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
"Hartford, Connecticut- or as it's being called...Ground Zero."

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Matthew McConaughey?

Pshhh... he'll never be in anything good.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

FIRST TIME posted:

Matthew McConaughey?

he appears to be drunk as all hell, which seems smart before an interview tbh

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

what month now?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

sudo rm -rf posted:

what month now?

Feb, just after the inauguration of Bush

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

FIRST TIME posted:

Matthew McConaughey?

He'd already been in Amistad, which was alright. A bit schmaltzy in the Spielbergian way, but a movie showing how vile slavery was is always a good thing.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Lord Binky posted:

he appears to be drunk as all hell, which seems smart before an interview tbh

I thought he was probably stoned but who's to say we can't both be right?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

He'd already been in Amistad, which was alright. A bit schmaltzy in the Spielbergian way, but a movie showing how vile slavery was is always a good thing.

Counterpoint: he's on the show to push The Wedding Planner starring himselfand Jennifer Lopez

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
jesus this goat story

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I turned this stream on in time to hear Matthew McConaughey tell a story about goats loving, complete with acting it out

God Bless Matthew McConaughey

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

MonsieurChoc posted:

He'd also been in A Time to Kill at that point but the way he was going at the time, I don't think anybody really thought he was going to such an acclaimed actor after another decade of making the movies he did.

The Wedding Planner 2001
Frailty 2002
Thirteen Conversations About One Thing 2002
Reign of Fire 2002
How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days 2003
Tiptoes 2003
Sahara 2005
Magnificent Desolation: Walking on the Moon 3D 2005
Two for the Money 2005
Failure to Launch 2006
We Are Marshall 2006
Fool's Gold 2008
Tropic Thunder 2008
Surfer, Dude 2008
Ghosts of Girlfriends Past 2009

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
He loving killed it in Frailty, starring and directed by Bill Paxton, so people were idiots

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Haha, Stephen Colbert joking about not having won a Peabody in a skit. How the times change.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
weird it seems the Colbert pilot got mixed in by mistake

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Ugh, that segment reminded me that we get to look forward to 2 years of Ari Fleischer.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

oh look the beginning of no child left behind

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Oh boy, No Child Left Behind. Great.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Raskolnikov38 posted:

weird it seems the Colbert pilot got mixed in by mistake

He hosted a couple of times, one of them when Stewart's son was born (that might be this one)

Its weird seeing this show have a running joke throughout the episode

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Literally The Worst posted:

He hosted a couple of times, one of them when Stewart's son was born (that might be this one)

Its weird seeing this show have a running joke throughout the episode

:thejoke:

also holy poo poo I think I hear super loud annoying laugh guy in there

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

When Terry Bradshaw got shingles, it was something awful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSI2AZQmEsU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i like that bradshaw spent that entire interview just tlaking poo poo about southern dialects

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Oh boy, No Child Left Behind. Great.

I'm pretty sure it'll turn out fine. Don't worry about it.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

These commercials are really goddamn loud. It's very authentic to trying to watch TV in 2001 actually.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
what is the time compression here? are they showing an episode from every week or every two weeks or so, or just notable events?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lmao ricky martin played bush's inauguration

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

lmao ricky martin poorly lip synced bush's inauguration

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Popular Thug Drink posted:

what is the time compression here? are they showing an episode from every week or every two weeks or so, or just notable events?

all of them

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

I am going to go out of my way to destroy all kickstart bottles I see

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
that goofy rear end dance Jr did was so Bush it hurts

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Topher Grace

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Lord Binky posted:

that goofy rear end dance Jr did was so Bush it hurts

If I remember right we're in for a couple more of those before he's exiled from the public eye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I am going to go out of my way to destroy all kickstart bottles I see

It costs just as much as a real energy drink but has way less caffeine. Awesome.

• Locked thread