Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
http://www.bevindustry.com/articles/87301-heineken-phases-out-original-strongbow-hard-cider-recipe-with-new-flavors

The nothing special, nothing awful, go to cider has been pulled in favor of "hip new flavors" which I guess is code for "sugary urine."

I've been new-Coked. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

coked by a strong black bow

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

BeefThief posted:

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Sorry about your shriveled man parts OP

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

BeefThief posted:

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
A good cider is dry and like drinking the desert. Strongbow was no A+ but it was a solid B-, but it's gone now.

Gone now :(

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

the only justifiable reason to 'go to' cider is getting preteens drunk

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
IIRC it was awfully sweet. THere are better ciders, if you are so inclined

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
wtf are you taking about op, some gay ipa thing or what

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
drink a yuengling and stop worrying about horse fart double ipa pristine shart mead cider bullshit

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
Sorry OP. Only 14 year old girls drink hard cider.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Nah Strongbow was a legit not horrible bar grade cider. I won't miss it much as I don't drink cider but it's lovely they're dropping it for corn syrup elderberry poo poo.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
Do people actually drink hard cider? I mean, like, regularly. Not when you're visiting your grandma on Christmas Eve.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
I thought that Cidre by Stella Artois wasn't terrible. Magner's is pretty dry no?

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Demonachizer posted:

I thought that Cidre by Stella Artois wasn't terrible. Magner's is pretty dry no?

Magner's is pretty good actually, usually on tap and can mix with a lager on hot days.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
i enjoy cider but i stopped drinking strongbow after i found black thorn

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
lol i have no problem drinking a bright blue drink with literal fruit floating around in it if its good, but cider is pretty lame OP. think about the first part of the sentence as you read the second

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

lol i have no problem drinking a bright blue drink with literal fruit floating around in it if its good, but cider is pretty lame OP. think about the first part of the sentence as you read the second

Said a baby child.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
dude strongbow's a pretty sweet cider to begin with.

get vandermill if yr gonna do cider on america day.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
if your cider isn't cloudy its trash

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
“Strongbow is perfect for those occasions when you’re on a rooftop with friends on a warm, sunny day, kicking off your afternoon plans, and all that matters is spending time together,”

if this even slightly resembled my life i wouldnt need to buy alcohol in the day or at night when the girl at the grocery store makes small talk as i pay for three single cans of beer

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
"Hahaha if you are a man and you have ever drank cider you are a little pussy bitch with no dick." - dudes who use the phrase "man card," wear Affliction t-shirts, and secretly long for a fat cock in their own assholes.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
A snakebite and black was always a good drink when I was younger

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

op is right, strongbow loving sucks

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I only drink strongbow when I'm trying to to look twinkish for the hung studsd

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

ill pour out one of these new flavors for all the black velvets that are now dead

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Lol who the gently caress cares about cider

Drink a loving ipa like a real man

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Sokrateez posted:

You like that hoppy or super hoppy. Bro.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

Sokrateez posted:

ipa's are for pussies. i just chew on raw hops.

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
Teen boys and girls drink Strongbow loving Christ mate!

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Verily you post. Or shat. w/e

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

SweetKarma posted:

Do people actually drink hard cider? I mean, like, regularly. Not when you're visiting your grandma on Christmas Eve.

Yeah. It's pretty big in some places.

I pick up a case or two, or growler of the local stuff, depending on my mood. Goes down very easily, tastes great, has as much alcohol as a beer and is just good all round.

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

RaceBannon posted:

Goes down very easily, tastes great, has as much alcohol as a beer and is just good all round.
Mixes well with the beer, too.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

skander posted:

Mixes well with the beer, too.

This dude gets it. Makes a good snakebite.

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
Yeah good dry ciders are fantastic after a hot days labor, or a hot days doing nothing because hell I'm an American I do what I want.

And I want old Strongbow.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I'm sure there are a variety of wine coolers and hard lemonades to replace cider availability for men with cats and girls too young to order a vodka tonic convincingly.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

Hobohemian posted:

I'm sure there are a variety of wine coolers and hard lemonades to replace cider availability for men with cats and girls too young to order a vodka tonic convincingly.

Do you realise how American and manly ciders are historically? Jeez, guy.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
Cider is good. I went to college in Vermont, so Woodchuck was popular. I don't like the really sweet ones any more (which is most of them), but the granny smith kind is nice and tart.

I did try some Strongbow recently, and it was too sweet. :mad: I remember it being better when I had it in Australia.

The one good thing about gluten-free crap becoming a giant fad is that suddenly everywhere sells hard cider! The nearby fancy grocery store had a ton of different kinds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

BeefThief posted:

• Locked thread