Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Hobohemian posted:

I'm sure there are a variety of wine coolers and hard lemonades to replace cider availability for men with cats and girls too young to order a vodka tonic convincingly.

Vodka tonic? Wtf. Seriously? Have you never heard of Gin? A drink with actual flavour? I mean if your worried about your girlish figure vodka soda is fine but if you're pulling tonic at least get a good gin. loving hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
i dont understand the emotional investment people have in what other people drink

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Ocean Book posted:

i dont understand the emotional investment people have in what other people drink

It's the thin end of a wedge man. The thin edge.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

confrontation-- it's good for starting conversation - goon

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
wedge man

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
Wedges can be good. Cheese wedges are good!

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008
Strongbad was always bad

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Thunder Moose posted:

http://www.bevindustry.com/articles/87301-heineken-phases-out-original-strongbow-hard-cider-recipe-with-new-flavors

The nothing special, nothing awful, go to cider has been pulled in favor of "hip new flavors" which I guess is code for "sugary urine."

I've been new-Coked. :smith:

Sorry dude but strongbow is one of the most disgusting drinks ever and if you don't agree you've clearly never tasted a real cider.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I know it's goony to exaggerate when things are bad but heinekan (the regular kind) always smelled and tasted like healthy watery pee to me

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Like the only time I was able to stomach strongbow was when I was out drinking with my new boss and I didn't have much money so I drank strongbow and black all night to stop it from tasting so much like cat piss.

Let's just say 12 pints later I'm throwing up purple all night and I'm vowing not to touch strongbow again no matter how cheap it is.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

it turns out goon are hipster faggots trying to sound cool about what they drink

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
strongbow is for drinking big bottles in the woods with your 15 year old mates when youre also 15

americans are a degenerate race

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
lol if you knock cider and drink budlight/miller/keystone/PBR

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
stowford press is ok

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Chief Jay Strongbow is dead, you insensitive son of a bitch!

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

When I was 14 I got drunk for the first time and vomited out a strongbow that was so pure it could legally be re-bottled and sold, it actually tasted better on the way out because it was hot.

Anyway magners or bulmers are okay, somersby if you like it sweet. Matso's desert lime with wild ginger cider is the best but might only be easily available in australia.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Sokrateez posted:

Lol who the gently caress cares about cider

Drink a loving ipa like a real man

While riding your tandem bicycle and waxing your mustache

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Sokrateez posted:

Drink a loving ipa like a real man

Hell yeah, gonna impress the lads by drinking a delicate and fruity sissy beer while I've got four knuckles in me because my baby palette can't handle booze or any food that's not spaghetti-os.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Hell yeah, gonna impress the lads by drinking a delicate and fruity sissy beer while I've got four knuckles in me because my baby palette can't handle booze or any food that's not spaghetti-os.

This is legitimately the reason why I drink cider, but replace spaghetti-os with salads and small portions of vegetables. I have both a baby palate and a baby stomach :(

Moon Atari fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jul 2, 2015

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
actual good ciders:

most of the stuff from two towns, seattle cider is good too. Sociable is good if you can get it. Cascadia Ciderworkers United makes some loving bomb dry cider. There are others but I am blanking now.

woodchuck, angry orchard, blackthorn, all that big name poo poo is gross as gently caress

basically

XMNN posted:

strongbow is for drinking big bottles in the woods with your 15 year old mates when youre also 15

americans are a degenerate race

wilfredmerriweathr fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jul 2, 2015

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
If it's not Scrumpy, it gets cooked up at christmas. Thats them cider house rules

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
My girlfriend has an unpleasant habit of, wherever we go, asking if they have angry orchard or cider. Like making a point of the fact that it's all she is interested in drinking. Pissed off many of my friends by doing this in their houses.

I used to like Woodchuck/angry orchard until I tasted better ciders and now I think they are waaaaaay too sweet (granny Smith varieties are bearable but not remotely ideal). Magners is a good fall back as it is readily available and pretty decent quality.

Lol if you give any fucks whatsoever about what other people drink. More nasty rear end IPA hop-slurry for you, I guess.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Drink whiskey you fags

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Hard cider is nice and cheap to get shitfaced on when you're budgeting. However I do love me some good dry ciders like Aspalls or Stonewells as they're just amazing with food. I happily fall back to stouts if I can't get a cider that isn't magners.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

It is hard to try out new ciders because many microbreweries seem to think they can just try their hand at making a cider, and it turns out so bad that its difficult to tell if they have just added a couple drops of apple juice to some lovely beer.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Drink whiskey you fags

If I wanted to consume something that tasted like, and smells worse than, pressure treated lumber I'd go home depot.

Drink rum.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Rum works too

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
This reminds me of the death of the wine cooler, the screams of little girls echoed through the lands.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Crazyeyes posted:

If I wanted to consume something that tasted like, and smells worse than, pressure treated lumber I'd go home depot.

Drink rum.
why not both

drink whatever gets you drunk just dont brag about it if its like blue wkd or cider for children

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Mad Monk posted:

This reminds me of the death of the wine cooler, the screams of little girls echoed through the lands.

Do they not make wine coolers anymore? If so that is a dumb thing to do.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
i only drink sweet white wines

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Crazyeyes posted:

Do they not make wine coolers anymore? If so that is a dumb thing to do.

I don't think so, I hated the drat things because they were very popular and took up half the drat beer cooler in all the stores.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

XMNN posted:

why not both

This guy gets it. Rum, bourbon, and scotch; my three favorite poisons.

Cider is one of those things once in a great while. Certainly not something I could drink regularly, but not bad in and of itself.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

rezatahs posted:

i only drink sweet white wines
for christmas one year me and my flatmate bought a bottle of the cheapest dessert wine we could find. it tasted like perfume.

wasnt too bad after finishing off most of the slightly fancier port by lunchtime though

fortified wine is a smart choice, dirt cheap and sweet-disgusting instead of industrial chemical-disgusting, mix it with lemonade and you cant even taste it

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Thunderbird is my wine of choice

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsE0XNNQTJQ

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
lol if you've not gaffer taped a 2 litre bottle of Strongbow to both of your hands and played Edward Ciderhands.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
Strongbow is loving rank.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
http://boldrock.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Cider is alright sometimes but strongbow is like the walmart of ciders