Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is an ongoing manga series by Hirohiko Araki about the Joestar family and the varying weird poo poo that happens to them. JoJos has been going since 1986 and will continue going because Araki is an undying vampire and this series is still incredibly popular, selling about 80 Million units over the course of the series' existence. Welcome to the thread for animewatchers aka the thread where people who decided to read the manga will be talking about Part 4 in and the rest of the people are waiting for the Part 4 anime. All of the series so far has been pretty stellar and done well by David Productions, so without further ado LET'S TALK ABOUT THE ANIME PARTS...

Phantom Blood/Battle Tendency

The first series aired in 2012. based on the first and second parts of the series and ran for 26 episodes. Phantom Blood follows the story of Jonathan Joestar, a high-class english nobleman who yearns to be a proper gentleman and do the Joestar name proud. Coming to invade and eventually poo poo all over his hopes and dreams is his adopted brother, Dio Brando, who wants to become the inheritor of the Joestar fortune and will do anything to do so. Eventually the story goes places and Jonathan learns how to do yoga which lets him kill vampires pretty good. It's a weird series and is only gonna get weirder from there.

Battle Tendency is the subtitle for the upcoming Zoolander sequel. In it, Derek and Hansel are on a new mission to save the world from the vampire supermodels Ric Ocasek , George Michael, and Angus Young, who all seek to suck the handsomness out of every model on Earth. All of the latter said it was incredibly tough to get into the shape necessary to fit the part, but they worked hard because they believed in the project.

The manga for parts 1 & 2 is currently being translated and localized into English by Viz Manga and all of Part 1 is done and available digitally, while the final physical volume comes out August 4th. Part 2 is not yet finished, but the first volume is available digitally and will come out in due time. The anime will be getting an English release in September on DVD with a dub! Benjamin Diskin as Joseph Joestar is currently the only voice confirmed. You can find the manga available on Amazon, Viz's website, and Comixology. If you wish to preorder copies of the anime dvds, you can do so on Amazon and Rightstuf.

Stardust Crusaders

Aired in 2014-2015, based on the third part of the series and ran for 48 episodes. Stardust Crusaders is a road trip story where Jotaro Kujo and his best friend, Noriaki Kakyoin, go on a road trip to Egypt to save his mother from dying by punching a vampire in the face with ghosts. Jotaro and Kakyoin will meet wacky characters, take care of a baby, and even learn what it's like to walk like an egyptian as the Stardust Crusaders.

Stardust Crusaders is full translated and is separated into 16 different volumes that you can access through the same avenues you can access the first parts of the series through. The anime has yet to receive a western release, but there are three episodes of a test dub that a certain handsome gentleman uploaded many clips of to youtube and some on dailymotion.

Diamond is Unbreakable

Airing at some point, eventually, maybe, who knows in the future, based on the fourth part of the series and will run for who knows how many episodes, it will probably be close to what SC had. Diamond is Unbreakable is a story about Josuke Higashikata, the son of Joseph Joestar, and his adventures in his town of Morioh.

:pcgaming:VIDEO GAMES:pcgaming:

JoJo having been a series that has existed for over 20 years of course has a good number of video games, so I'm gonna give you the rundown on what's hot and what's not for you to play if you wish to remain clean and pure.

-JoJo's Bizarre Adventure for the SNES: I don't know poo poo about this game other than Jotaro gets a new cap to stop time and that owns.
-JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Heritage for the Future: Capcom fighting game based on Stardust Crusaders. It's a super fun game that features one of the most horrendously broken characters in fighting games and is still probably the best JoJo game to date. Play it if you want a fun fighting game that shows off a lot of the weird poo poo in Part 3 in 90s sprite form and maybe some Part 2 stuff.
-JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Vento Aureo: Capcom beat 'em up boss game based on Part 5. Needless to say it's past the cutoff point for discussion in this thread so don't talk about it, but it's a fun game that captures JoJo style fights pretty decently, you could also debate this is the best JoJo game because it is also super fun and it still looks pretty good for a game from 2002.
-JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Phantom Blood: A lovely beat em up game from Namco-Bandai. It's slow as poo poo, the controls are rear end, it looks like poop, and is all around a pretty terrible game, don't play it.
-JoJo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle: A bad fighting game that takes from every part of the series. There is more to enjoy in this game than the Phantom Blood game, but it is basically a model viewer and nothing else because it runs like rear end and moves like it too. If you want to play it, that's cool, but remember this overs all 8 parts of the series so be warned, gamer.

:siren:THINGS TO DO IN THIS THREAD:siren
1. Talk about the anime and Part 4, but Part 4 discussion must be spoiler tagged and any progression beyond Part 4 in the manga must be taken to the manga thread.
2. Talk about the upcoming dub and how cool Ben Diskin is.
3. Get mad because Uznare said something mean to you.
4. Get mad because I said something mean to you.
5. Talk about why all JoJo translations are poo poo and the spirit of the series will never be captured because farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttttttttttttttttttt.
6. Baseless rumor milling, yes please, I want this.
7. Talk endlessly about what song they will use for the ED even though your prediction will most likely be wrong.
8. Debate why Kars would never lose to stand users because you have a massive boner for him and like power levels discussion
9. While we're at it, debate why it's not spelled Kars, but Cars because you think music references are the actual spelling and know better than the actual creator.
10. Talk endlessly about what Dio's power is even though they loving explicitly tell you what his power is, but no I gotta loving insert my own headcanon, Beef!
11. Post neat JoJo videos and funny memes, I'm actually serious about this one.

Okay enjoy, have a good night everybody.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Aug 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

personally i am really excited for the part 4 anime, especailly looking forward to the scene where josuke punches spaghetti, i hope they dub it too, and ben disken is very cool, and uznare and beef chief are not cool because they have said mean things to me at several points, like that time beef chief said that sakura was boring - gently caress you! - but speaking of boring, woo boy, those translations sure are rear end, huh, i can't believe these people can't capture the original spirit of a series where an orangutan beats up a japanese kid, actually i heard that that orangutan is a reference to an animal a young araki saw trying to escape a zoo once, funny story huh, also the ed song is totally going to be safety dance, it fits josuke's power perfectly, speaking of powers - woo boy, cars! how could he ever lose to stand users, huh? he'd own those noobs. even stand joseph wouldn't stand a chance. haha, yes, it's cars not kars :) learn the reference, kids. dio's power is probably knowing how to spell cars. here's a meme.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
endorph please

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

personally i am really excited for the part 4 anime, especailly looking forward to the scene where josuke punches spaghetti, i hope they dub it too, and ben disken is very cool, and uznare and beef chief are not cool because they have said mean things to me at several points, like that time beef chief said that sakura was boring - gently caress you! - but speaking of boring, woo boy, those translations sure are rear end, huh, i can't believe these people can't capture the original spirit of a series where an orangutan beats up a japanese kid, actually i heard that that orangutan is a reference to an animal a young araki saw trying to escape a zoo once, funny story huh, also the ed song is totally going to be safety dance, it fits josuke's power perfectly, speaking of powers - woo boy, cars! how could he ever lose to stand users, huh? he'd own those noobs. even stand joseph wouldn't stand a chance. haha, yes, it's cars not kars :) learn the reference, kids. dio's power is probably knowing how to spell cars. here's a meme.

Thank you

Close the thread and goldmine it

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Maybe Dio's true power is to be stronger than Cars.

Just kidding, ahaha. Here are two funny JoJo things a guy voice acted.

Personally I think the ending to Stardust Crusaders was slightly disappointing. At least, the final battle was. The OVA just did it so, so good. The epilogue at the airport was really sweet, though. :3: I really want there to be a Part 4. The baby stroller scene in the Highway Star fight is one of the greatest moments in manga...fiction...anything. Should have been a stunt in Fury Road.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Best post from previous thread

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm super excited for the English dub of Jojo and I was very disappointed when I heard they delayed it to September. Yuri Lowenthal is totally going to Jonathon because that would fit very well imo. I'm not sure how well Ben Diskin is going to do as Joseph but I'm not all that familiar with him. He voiced Daichi in Devil Survivor 2 and he did a really good job there so I'm sure he will, at the very least, add a unique take on Joseph even if Sugita IS Joseph to me. I hope they put Liam O'Brien and JYB in the dub somewhere as well.

For the people who haven't started or read part 4 yet you should. The manga is good and the new Part 4 Jojo may overthrow Joseph as my favourite Jojo. He is a pretty cool dude. The fights are way better too. You can see Araki finally getting used to Stands and having them do a bunch of crazy poo poo with very unique powers compared to Part 3.

littleorv fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jul 2, 2015

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Read Diamond Is Unbreakable You Goddamn Nerds

(also nice thread tag, meat chief)

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The ED for the part 4 anime will be All Star, the song from the hit-movie Shrek

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I think I will reread Diamond Is Unbreakable so I can share the excitement with the the new readers.

Also Josuke could beat Kars pretty easily

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mark Addy should be Jonathan in the dub. It's really not a contest.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Diamond is Not Crash is fun, and good.

So many moments in it are eligible for peak JoJo. (spoilers for entirety of part 4) The entire highway star fight? Josuke punching spaghetti? Bad Company? Kira getting 86'ed by a random ambulance? Alien dude? The best game of rock/paper/scissors ever? So much good poo poo to choose from.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

the wildest rear end posted:

The ED for the part 4 anime will be All Star, the song from the hit-movie Shrek
I like how everybody remembers this song for Shrek and not Mystery Men.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
People should be remembering it from Digimon the Movie.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

That's because nobody remembers mystery men.

:(

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

Beef Chief posted:

Just like "Kids in America".

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Here's a neat Jojo video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsRPS-sP93Q

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
If you refuse to read Diamond Is Unbreakable then I will personally come to your house and destroy you.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Who in face doesn't want to read Diamond is Unbreakable?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
You mean Duwang op

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Beef loves Duwang and you should definitely quote it at him every chance you get.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I actually think duwang is really funny

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

duwang gives me a feeling so complicated

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

duwang gives me a feeling so complicated

your feelings should be clear - it's good

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Beef Chief posted:

The only song I remember in Digimon the Movie is that one that's like It's been something years since you've talked to me. Something something say I'm sorry.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
One Week by the Barenaked Ladies

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Normie Slayer posted:

The only song I remember in Digimon the Movie is that one that's like It's been something years since you've talked to me. Something something say I'm sorry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC_q9KPczAg

?

edit:This is the only thing I remember about Digimon the Movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn7zPdizrqk

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Normie Slayer posted:

i only remember that song because of the line where the dude says he wants to gently caress sailor moon

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Yeah Tai threw up in Mimi's hat or some poo poo and that song played.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Beef Chief posted:

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Pomp posted:

edit:This is the only thing I remember about Digimon the Movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn7zPdizrqk
I remember this from Jimmy Neutron, but not this video. The Recess movie had something like this after the credits too.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
When I was little I used to think they were saying "digimon, digital monsters, digimon garlic champions"in the digimon theme song.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Beef Chief posted:

One Week by the Barenaked Ladies

Pick any of Sugar Ray's hit songs

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Enourmo posted:

Diamond is Not Crash is fun, and good.

So many moments in it are eligible for peak JoJo. (spoilers for entirety of part 4) The entire highway star fight? Josuke punching spaghetti? Bad Company? Kira getting 86'ed by a random ambulance? Alien dude? The best game of rock/paper/scissors ever? So much good poo poo to choose from.

Rohan Punches a Fifth Grader and Steals a Baby is my favorite Always Sunny episode.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

that reminds me, a good selling point of arc 4 is that it's basically always sunny in philadelphia except with jojo's characters. also jotaro is cooler in it than in arc 3.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Soulcleaver posted:

Best post from previous thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3VkXipeCBI

:colbert:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
now that the part 3 anime is over everyone should play 7th stand user

it's a good game

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Can confirm, 7th Stand User is good.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bad Seafood posted:

Wasn't it in the Rat Race remake, also? It's practically a whole genre of film.

Edit: Eggsploitation.

quakster fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jul 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

• Locked thread