Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

You are a treasure dotJPG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love dot

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's escalating goodness.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

:regd08:

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

:dogbutton:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

i can't i can't ican't

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Blockhouse posted:

now that the part 3 anime is over everyone should play 7th stand user

it's a good game

Seventh Stand User is actually the best Jojo game. It's an RPGMaker fangame that asks the question "What if YOU were a Stardust Crusader?" Featuring 18 different Stands with different playstyles and 19 endings, it's got a lot of content. It's got references to future parts in it, but anything that's not a contextless cameo is optional and out of the way to see.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Haha you fuckin rule

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Seventh Stand User is actually the best Jojo game. It's an RPGMaker fangame that asks the question "What if YOU were a Stardust Crusader?" Featuring 18 different Stands with different playstyles and 19 endings, it's got a lot of content. It's got references to future parts in it, but anything that's not a contextless cameo is optional and out of the way to see.

Doesn't this game actually have, or will have soon, full scenarios written as if there are future characters as part of the story? I know that Part 4's JoJo is getting a scenario, at least.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Are those borrowed sprites from Pokemon?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I also see a borrowed BG from SMT1 for SNES.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Dot Jaypeg's power is too strong.

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

I booted up this game yesterday and the text was completely unreadable. I didn't have time to fiddle around and change settings or anything but is there a way to fix that?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Steve Jorbs posted:

I booted up this game yesterday and the text was completely unreadable. I didn't have time to fiddle around and change settings or anything but is there a way to fix that?

One of the "F" keys makes the screen smaller. It makes everything much easier to read. It's a wonky font to use.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goldmine and make another thread

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Steve Jorbs posted:

Check the Readme. It's an issue of a missing font and the Readme has the link to where you can get it.

Edit: It's here if you're lazy.

It would also behoove you to get the VirtualMIDISynth configurator linked in the Readme and experiment with soundfonts to enhance the music. My font of choice is the Arachnosoft soundfont.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jul 2, 2015

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I just finished watching Battle Tendency and I really love how JoJo just won through pure bullshitery, and then took the time to brag about like it was his finest moment (it was actually his finest moment)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Just finished up the Wham fight in a rewatch myself.

His death is way more sad than Caesar's. What a guy. :(

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Aurain posted:

gently caress Kars.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
so cars stand power is the ability to use any living beings (including extremophiles) physical traits and stuff right? so like not even weather reports ultimate ability, can kill him so i zink he can beat every stand user

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Beef Chief posted:

People should be remembering it from Digimon the Movie.

First episode of Diamond is Unbreakable fades to black, credits start rolling over DIO & Enya biographical retrospective slideshow

Hey Digimon, Hey Digimon!
Monster friends to all the boys and girls!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Aurain posted:

Wamuu's death is great because it deliberately plays up what a decent honourable guy he is just to further emphasise that Kars is a tremendous prick

Kars is the worst guy in a world where Dio 'DIO' Brando exists

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

DIO just want to rule the world and the Joestars keep ruining that. What did he ever do wrong?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Forgot about Ice Mode and Space Ripper Stingy Eyes.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Truly your stand, "East Ender" is invincible!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Sekkira posted:

DIO just want to rule the world and the Joestars keep ruining that. What did he ever do wrong?

Forced himself on Erina, duh

Bad Seafood posted:

Space Ripper Stingy Eyes.

This is the name of an attack which successfully kills the protagonist of the show

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Every good joke deserves three acts. Past that you might get a Diamond is Unbreakable but you risk the chance of a Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, so it's a bit of a gamble.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Dio Brando wants a quiet life

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

A Steampunk Gent posted:

That country girl?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Davinci posted:

When I was little I used to think they were saying "digimon, digital monsters, digimon garlic champions"in the digimon theme song.

Here's something incredible, these monsters once were edible, so everybody take a look at combat creatures you can cook.

*Smash cut to Josuke punching a plate of spaghetti here*

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Okay so I have a proposal. For newcomers and Jojo vets alike. The Part 3 anime just ended, lots of people should want to read Part 4 because it is great so why not share the joy and experience the Golden Heart of Morioh ~~~*together*~~~

Let's Read Diamond is Unbreakable

I basically just made this up using my Stand. I think the breaking up will help us focus on particular parts one at a time, but obviously if we do one a week it'll take forever, and one a day schedule is pretty hard to keep to. So how about ~10 chapters a week? Sound good? As it turns out, with a few exceptions it lines up pretty close with each major "story arc", I suppose. So how about it guys? Are you ready for a crazy time?

This should hopefully remain fairly spoiler free. As you can see, we're looking at some nice, slice of life, calm, suburban schooltime fun.

Week 1: Chapter 266 - 273 In which Jojo meets Jojo and then a serial killer.
Week 2: Chapter 274 - 283
Week 3: Chapter 284 - 288 Cell does his taxes
Week 4: Chapter 289 - 293 Unlicensed dentistry adventure.
Week 5: Chapter 294 - 302 Koichi gets a girlfriend!
Week 6: Chapter 303 - 306 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gZvxpFWe9M
Week 7: Chapter 307 - 317 Josuke connects with his dad
Week 8: Chapter 318 - 329 The story gets real meta. Jotaro gets to know his uncle.
Week 9: Chapter 330 - 341 Rohan meets an old friend. Josuke has a crazy get-rich quick scheme.
Week 10: Chapter 342 - 353 Kira loses his sandwich. Yukako gets a makeover.
Week 11: Chapter 354 - 364 Kira gets his coat repaired.
Week 12: Chapter 365 - 377 The gang looks through some old family photos. Mr Kawajiri revitalises his marriage. Rohan plays rock paper scissors.
Week 13: Chapter 378 - 383 A new kid is in town! Can he and Josuke become friends?
Week 14: Chapter 384 - 391 Josuke takes the bus, decides he needs to learn to drive.
Week 15: Chapter 392 - 403 Mr Kawajiri gets a cat. Josuke and Okuyasu meet a stranger on the outskirts of town.
Week 16 Chapter 404 - 417 Josuke has trouble with origami. There is tension between Mr Kawajiri and his son. Rohan plans some home repairs.
Week 17 Chapter 418 - 427 Hayato suffers from Deja Vu
Week 18 Chapter 428 - 429 Josuke learns an important lesson about road safety.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

A Steampunk Gent posted:

This is the name of an attack which successfully kills the protagonist of the show

Didn't kill Joseph.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

I'm in for any excuse to reread DIU.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Beef Chief posted:

Didn't kill Joseph.

Proof that Joseph is better than Jonathon.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Jonathan had pluck, Joseph had luck.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Jotaro had suck.

EDIT: I kid I kid. All the JoJos are great

The Unholy Ghost fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jul 3, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Prison Warden posted:

I like it.

I'm already hyped for Week 6.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Hyped to see what everyone thinks of week 13.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Prison Warden posted:

Okay so I have a proposal. For newcomers and Jojo vets alike. The Part 3 anime just ended, lots of people should want to read Part 4 because it is great so why not share the joy and experience the Golden Heart of Morioh ~~~*together*~~~

I basically just made this up using my Stand. I think the breaking up will help us focus on particular parts one at a time, but obviously if we do one a week it'll take forever, and one a day schedule is pretty hard to keep to. So how about ~10 chapters a week? Sound good? As it turns out, with a few exceptions it lines up pretty close with each major "story arc", I suppose. So how about it guys? Are you ready for a crazy time?

This should hopefully remain fairly spoiler free. As you can see, we're looking at some nice, slice of life, calm, suburban schooltime fun.

Week 1: Chapter 266 - 273 In which Jojo meets Jojo and then a serial killer.
Week 2: Chapter 274 - 283
Week 3: Chapter 284 - 288 Cell does his taxes
Week 4: Chapter 289 - 293 Unlicensed dentistry adventure.
Week 5: Chapter 294 - 302 Koichi gets a girlfriend!
Week 6: Chapter 303 - 306 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gZvxpFWe9M
Week 7: Chapter 307 - 317 Josuke connects with his dad
Week 8: Chapter 318 - 329 The story gets real meta. Jotaro gets to know his uncle.
Week 9: Chapter 330 - 341 Rohan meets an old friend. Josuke has a crazy get-rich quick scheme.
Week 10: Chapter 342 - 353 Kira loses his sandwich. Yukako gets a makeover.
Week 11: Chapter 354 - 364 Kira gets his coat repaired.
Week 12: Chapter 365 - 377 The gang looks through some old family photos. Mr Kawajiri revitalises his marriage. Rohan plays rock paper scissors.
Week 13: Chapter 378 - 383 A new kid is in town! Can he and Josuke become friends?
Week 14: Chapter 384 - 391 Josuke takes the bus, decides he needs to learn to drive.
Week 15: Chapter 392 - 403 Mr Kawajiri gets a cat. Josuke and Okuyasu meet a stranger on the outskirts of town.
Week 16 Chapter 404 - 417 Josuke has trouble with origami. There is tension between Mr Kawajiri and his son. Rohan plans some home repairs.
Week 17 Chapter 418 - 427 Hayato suffers from Deja Vu
Week 18 Chapter 428 - 429 Josuke learns an important lesson about road safety.

Appropriate music to listen to while reading this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Prison Warden posted:

I'd be game if I wasn't up to chapter 377 already. I don't think I can wait without JoJo for 3 months. :negative:

• Locked thread