Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Bad Seafood posted:

It may behoove you to take it to the other thread, Jose.

This thread is for people who've only watched the anime, or have at best read through Part 4.

I'll start posting there instead. I'll give the anime a watch too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm watching Stardust Crusaders now and just got to this:

Can't stop laughing, he just looks so wise and peaceful and like he's staring directly into the eyes of the viewer. How dare Dio take advantage of such a majestic beast.

Hahaha now he's smoking a cigarette and looking at a magazine. I hope that it doesn't turn out that he's being controlled by a human or something and that he's actually just an ape who loves titties and tobacco.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jul 16, 2015

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Ytlaya posted:

Can't stop laughing, he just looks so wise and peaceful and like he's staring directly into the eyes of the viewer. How dare Dio take advantage of such a majestic beast.

Trust me, that orangutang had it coming.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Ytlaya posted:

:aatrek:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

jesus loving christ, that poor girl will never be able to calmly take a shower again for the rest of her life

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

...Huh, Aatrek looks a lot like Jared Fogle. That's weird.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Hahaha now he's smoking a cigarette and looking at a magazine. I hope that it doesn't turn out that he's being controlled by a human or something and that he's actually just an ape who loves titties and tobacco.

He crossed a line no animal should cross

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I've just started part 2 of Stardust Crusaders and it's already a marked improvement over part 1. Young Joseph would be proud of how Jotaro beats Geb

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I've just started part 2 of Stardust Crusaders and it's already a marked improvement over part 1. Young Joseph would be proud of how Jotaro beats Geb

"A 17yo Japanese schoolboy wins a fight in the Egyptian desert by throwing a small dog at a blind man" is one of the better JoJo sales pitches out there.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
My favorite Jojo sales pitch would still have to be from Part 4:

"To avoid hitting some pedestrians during a high-speed chase, the hero punches his motorcycle so hard it breaks into a million pieces and sails over the heads of the bystanders. Reassembling his bike in mid-air, he lands and drives off."

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

My favorite Jojo sales pitch would still have to be from Part 4:

"To avoid hitting some pedestrians during a high-speed chase, the hero punches his motorcycle so hard it breaks into a million pieces and sails over the heads of the bystanders. Reassembling his bike in mid-air, he lands and drives off."

I am more of a fan of Josuke deciding he must swindle Rohan out of his money

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I envision Josuke with Yusuke's dub voice

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
It works especially if Okuyasu is Kuwabara.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I'm reading part 4 for the first time right now and Josuke deciding to PUNCH THE loving SPAGHETTI is pretty much the best thing ever.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.
I finished reading diamond is unbreakable last weekend. Now I'm just waiting for DavidPro to announce it… :negative:

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
Part 4 never

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I finished part two and I don't want to continue on because I don't think anyone could be better than Joseph

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's at least 2 JoJo's better than Joseph.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Aurain posted:

As someone who has only watched the anime, the idea of better Jojos than Joseph definitely makes me want the rest of the Parts to be adapted into the anime. Because I literally can't imagine a Jojo better than Joseph.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Aurain posted:

Seconded, Joseph is great, but not peak JoJo.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Enourmo posted:

"A 17yo Japanese schoolboy wins a fight in the Egyptian desert by throwing a small dog at a blind man" is one of the better JoJo pitches out there.

Fixed.

And I agree.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

gigawhite posted:

I finished part two and I don't want to continue on because I don't think anyone could be better than Joseph

You'll be missing out on Joseph being in part 3.

You'll also be missing out on Josuke in part 4. Who is a debatablely the best JoJo.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Aurain posted:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'd personally put the number at 3 and possibly 4. 2 is guaranteed unless you're tasteless!

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Joshu is best Jojo.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Maybe it's a function of the order in which I read everything but I have far less affinity for Joseph than most people in these threads and I feel like I must be missing something.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I totally understand the viewpoint if you're only watching the anime because he's a much more engaging protagonist than Jonathan or Jotaro because he's funny and the captain of the ruse cruise. I certainly like him too, but the other JoJo's I consider better are better for different reasons to why Joseph is good.

I probably prefer Oldseph too, though.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

The real best JoJo is all the JoJos, because each one is the best JoJo for their arc. Phantom Blood is a story of the BEST GUY versus the WORST GUY, Battle Tendency is about brains beating brawn, and Stardust Crusaders is about friendship and family. Diamond is Unbreakable is about a community banding together. Each JoJo embodies the good of their arc perfectly.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Aurain posted:

They are both Josuke.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Diamond is unbreakable has the best villain

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ascalapha odorata posted:

Maybe it's a function of the order in which I read everything but I have far less affinity for Joseph than most people in these threads and I feel like I must be missing something.
I think a lot of it is from reading in order. Jonathan isn't a bad protagonist but he's pretty paint-by-numbers. He loves his friends, he's honorable, he wants to do right by people. He could be the protagonist of any series.

Then part 2 happens and Joseph totally blindsides you with how ridiculous a human being he is.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jose posted:

Diamond is unbreakable has the best villain

It has the best everything, really.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Josuke is cool and all but I honestly find most of the part 4 cast to be a lot more interesting then him. :shrug:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The second best Jojo is Part 6's.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The second best Jojo is Part 6's.

Fixed that for you.

Also all JoJo's are good in their own way, but some are just more good than others.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
If we're going to have an Best JoJo Argument, can we please take it to the Manga thread because I have many charts and graphs to prove who I think is Best JoJo

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I just finished part 4.

That was a pretty awesome final showdown.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
It honestly is my favorite finale, or at least favorite final fight. Just on principle that everyone has a hand in taking down Kira. Even Reimi and Arnold.. And Another One Bites the Dust is a great prelude to boot.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Yikes, that Alessi two-parter was genuinely unpleasant to watch. For once I wouldn't have minded if they'd just unambiguously killed the gently caress out of him, evil vampire overlords and megalomanic ancient supermen are one thing but paedophiles and child murderers can just get straight out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
On the topic of Alessi, he's probably the only one of the Egyptian God Stand Users that they could've gotten the secret of The World's power from considering that they were able to render him unconscious even as kids.

Then again, I wouldn't want to look into that guy's mind either.

• Locked thread